New
Find
Notify
Tools

Airfreight Logistics
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone had any experience with I.F.N. Airfreight Logistics in Windhoek, Namibia? I made my first African safari in Namibia in May and was promised an early delivery of my trophies....much earlier than I expected: two months from the time I left. I didn't believe it then but I also didn't expect to be strung along either and now I'm into the 5th month since I left and 6 weeks after IFN was paid in full and still no shipment. I always get quick replies to my emails and a promise to work it ASAP but then no action. Has anyone else had any experience with these guys?

Posts: 64 | Location: alaska | Registered: 02 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
One warning for any Air Freight dealings is to get a quote up front.
Its an often forgotten expense that can come up when your beloved trophy's turn up.
This makes it hard to control the cost when they have you by the "short and curly's ".
This happened to a mate.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
I dealt with IFN this Sept. It could not have gone better.Possible that the problem is on your side of the world? The man that i talked with was named Peter. Hope it all works out for you.

Posts: 753 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I to dealt with IFN no problems.
After they reached U.S. many delays.
I was told Warthogs were the problem.
Total cost more than the hunt.

Posts: 121 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 21 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information. That is all I have heard from others as well, that they deal professionally with his clients. I just can't get them to send my trophies to me, as of yet. As far as I know, they still haven't left Namibia. I'll keep trying.

Posts: 64 | Location: alaska | Registered: 02 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
While where on this subject, can anyone recommend an airfreight company to send trophies from SA to Australia?

Cost and reliability would be my first concerns.

- Paul

Posts: 4961 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
I have used Safari Cargo Systems - recommended by Fauna and Flora - and had very good luck. Trophies taken in June were shipped by sea and arrived in NYC mid-January only 2-3 weeks after leaving. Communication was good and prices comparatively reasonable.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote