THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Why is the Royal Warrant important for double rifles
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why is the Royal Warrant important for double rifles
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The royal warrant is about as relevant as Obamas birth certicate.
The fact that the new J.Rigby of London , will be producing authentic Rigbys, Is the key factor, a warrant is of little significance to me.
G Bush Snr ,Bill Gates ,Ted Kennedy, Rudi Guiliani ,Billy Graham ,Alan Greenspan ,J Edgar Hoover ,Bob Hope ,Henry Kissinger,
Norman Swarzkopf Jr.,Steven Spielberg,
have their honorary Knighthoods,clearly receiving the Queens accolade["warrant"] means something to them.

WARRANT.

Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Boar Hunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike McGuire:
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bore Boar Hunter:
Gotta love the Brits! Personally not infatuated with pomp and circumstance myself, although I often dream of the day when I walk into the gun room at H&H London, with enough cash in my pocket to get a double rifle of my dreams and have the staff give me a pedicure while the measure me up!

John

The Weatherby custom shop should be next door so after your pedicure they could organise some big titted wonder girls for you. Big Grin

You say that like its a bad thing.....

John

Posts: 1343 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 January 2006Reply With Quote
<Mike McGuire>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bore Boar Hunter:
John

You read me very wrong.
Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
Move Rigby back to Dublin!

An Unrivalled Tradition: Founded in Dublin, Ireland, in 1735, John Rigby & Co. has forged an enduring history of manufacturing excellence and design innovation that is unequalled in the annals of rifle and shotgun manufacturing. In the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, the company built dueling pistols and defensive weapons, such as the blunderbuss, that established its reputation for utter reliability in life-and-death situations. Later, and continuing to this day, the company’s mainstay has been the manufacture of the world’s finest firearms for dangerous game and other large animal hunting.
John_Rigby_history

Many of the world’s most-famous hunters and adventurers have relied on Rigby rifles. The renowned tiger hunter Jim Corbett carried a .275 Rigby; Kermit Roosevelt, son of Teddy, shot a .450 Nitro Express Rigby double rifle during their 1909 African safari; legendary elephant hunter Walter Dalrymple Maitland Bell used a .275 Rigby; and the famed African safari guide Harry Selby had a .416 Rigby as his favorite lion rifle.

In addition to earning a reputation for unsurpassed quality of workmanship, the Rigby company also established a track record of innovation that allowed it to survive through changing times. The introduction of the .450 Nitro Express in 1898 rewrote the book on big-bore rifle design, and Rigby was among the first of the English gunmakers to recognize the potential of adapting the Mauser ’98 bolt-action magazine design for sporting purposes.

Today, Rigby continues to innovate to serve the needs of sportsmen who demand the highest quality, reliability and, of course, accuracy. The company employs the latest computer numerically controlled equipment and other advanced manufacturing technologies for basic parts production while continuing the tradition of custom handcraftsmanship on each gun’s most-critical components and finished features. In its third century, John Rigby & Co. is still making history. Historical Timeline >>

http://www.johnrigbyandco.com/

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tha Cobra sportscar was in fact an English car , not American

Mark

Posts: 277 | Location: melbourne, australia | Registered: 19 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I am definitely missing the analogy. Is a Corvette supposed to better than an Aston Martin because it's made in the USA?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote