THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: The .470 that blew up in Botswana was a....

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: The .470 that blew up in Botswana was a....
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted
I pretty much had it figured that it was a large bore double rifle. For some reason I just couldnt pass up the opportunity to make a wise crack. It just seemed natural after the 98 comment and seeing the pic. I hope nobody was offended.

NitroX,
I apologize for being the smart a** at your expense. No harm intended. I personally am a huge fan of the 98. I cant give much of an opinion on doubles since I dont own one but I do think they are a work of art and hope to own one someday.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
"BAM" "BAM" Zabardast speaks.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Apparently, the confusing arose because this gentleman had a 470 double by Rigby on his hunt as well.

That is what people assumed has blown up.

Posts: 67023 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A new Rigby or an old Rigby? Oh, never mind.

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Got to be careful with those modern bolt actions.

Give me a "junk" vintage Mauser 98 anyday.

I thought you were not part of the new versus old debate? Looks like you are now. From a safety standpoint, a pre-war military mauser is nearly impossible to beat. So sometimes older is better. But for safari cars, I am pretty sure the Model T has been surpassed...

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Quote:

Got to be careful with those modern bolt actions.

Give me a "junk" vintage Mauser 98 anyday.

I thought you were not part of the new versus old debate? Looks like you are now. ......

Only on Mauser 98's.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote