New
Find
Notify
Tools

in africa safaris
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone know anything about this company InAfricaSafaris? I have a client going with them and would just like some info good or bad or indifferent. He got the hunt at a DU auction. I tried a search for a website and came up short. Thanks, ryan.

Posts: 206 | Location: nicholasville, KY | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ryan,

Don't know them myself, but here's a link to a report from someone who bow and rifle hunted with them:

http://www.american-hunter.com/Africa/InAfrica_Safaris.htm

Regards, Tim

Posts: 1322 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Is it common for bow hunters to be left on their own in blinds without a Ph present? You are left to judging the game on your own?

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7622 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
Is it common for bow hunters to be left on their own in blinds without a Ph present? You are left to judging the game on your own?

I think it's common but, as I understand it, at least in South Africa, it's illegal for a nonresident to hunt without a PH present.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Shona
posted Hide Post
Definitly illegal in Namibia and bad practice.

Johann Veldsman

Shona Hunting Adventures

www.facebook.com/shonahunting

www.AfricanHuntingNamibia.com
www.conservation-hunting.com
Mobile: +264 81 128 3105

P.o. Box 564
Outjo
Namibia
Africa

Posts: 196 | Location: Namibia | Registered: 23 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
http://www.inafricasafaris.net/

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12688 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hmmm! Spendy plains game.

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13001 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys! Those prices do seem high for plains game. Why is that? I've never been to africa, but I read a lot of reports here and go on a lot of outfitter websites. Does it have to do with location, high fenced/free range? Again thanks. Ryan

Posts: 206 | Location: nicholasville, KY | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rjrtaxidermy:
Thanks guys! Those prices do seem high for plains game. Why is that? I've never been to africa, but I read a lot of reports here and go on a lot of outfitter websites. Does it have to do with location, high fenced/free range? Again thanks. Ryan
Ryan, take a look at this Hunt Report:

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/...=727109831#727109831

I have observed that companies that "donate" a lot of hunts tend to have higher trophy fees then average.

$3,050.00 for a kudu, a "must have" on most 1st time hunters list...wow.

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Inafrica does indeed donate a LOT of hunts, especially to SCI chapter banquets and has been doing so for 15 plus years. i have noticed that they typically go for really low prices and are usually are for 2-4 hunters. my guess is they try to make up for the low percentage payback they receive from SCI by charging outrageous trophy fee( the donations usually include only 2-3 cheap animals). i have no idea about the overall operation- just an observation on how they do business.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13389 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don’t know about the South African part of Inafrica but one thing for sure they have no official quota, besides this, it is illegal to sell PAC hunts in Mozambique!

The prices are ridiculous but perhaps include the legal fees and bribes to get you out of Mozambique?

Cheers

Posts: 395 | Location: Mozambique | Registered: 08 June 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I think most of us remember the fiasco created by Out Of Africa with their criminal practices.

Has this got anything to do with them?

You know, one was OUT and one is IN?

Just curious, as the "donations" part seem to fit.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68612 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Shona
posted Hide Post
US$ 800.00 day rate ???
US$ 3050.00 Kudu
They have to be good

Johann Veldsman

Shona Hunting Adventures

www.facebook.com/shonahunting

www.AfricanHuntingNamibia.com
www.conservation-hunting.com
Mobile: +264 81 128 3105

P.o. Box 564
Outjo
Namibia
Africa

Posts: 196 | Location: Namibia | Registered: 23 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i ran into them at a show a couple years back. My impression was that they were a bunch of sharpies with more hooks attached to a line than the fish could bite on

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know anything about the taxidermy coming out of there? The site is rather poor if you ask me. He's thinking of leaving his trophies their to be mounted, but I'm skeptical of their quality. I've done elk, muleys, and a turkey for him but never african. Not saying I can do better, but I'd point him in the right direction here in the states. They have no website showing their work or prices.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by rjrtaxidermy:
Does anyone know anything about the taxidermy coming out of there? [QUOTE]

rjrtaxidermy, for what it is worth if you or your clients has any doubts, and if he still wants his trophies done in South Africa then he should contact one of the many excellent taxiderist in and around gauteng

Posts: 605 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 07 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Some companies are very expensive and that may be justifiable or it may not be. It mostly depends on what they have to the client...Some outfits go beyond luxury with spas, some offer some very large trophy animals they raised to make the book, and Lord knows what all, it seems the skys the limit on some of these outfits and it goes beyond hunting. I can say the same for some Texas Deer hunts, there deer stands are larger than my home...

I have not booked for these folks but I do know them by reputation or at least I have only heard good things about them and its pretty luxurias I understand...

If they can get that kind of money more power to them, they must be doing something right or they wouldn't have been around this long..

I asked my dad one time how he could get $20,000 for a horse and he told me "you price him at $20,000"

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42136 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hunted with them about 5 years ago (DU auction) and bought the hunt very cheap so all the money they made was in trophy fees, which were not out of line then. They are well organized and I can't complain about my guide or the services they provided. It's a very nice place to take younger children and the game is about average to better if you are willing to hunt. They have a number of ranches they use besides their own. I took my wife there and she enjoyed it. We took a side trip to Kruger with them and it was a great time at very reasonable cost. It is not Tanzania nor Zimbabwe and I wouldn't hunt dangerous game there e.g. buffalo but for plains game it was fine.It is not associated with the "Out of Africa" bunch to my knowledge.

As for taxidermy, I wouldn't leave anything anywhere I've been in Africa. There's no comparison to the work done here by reputable taxidermists and I don't believe you save anything. Would I hunt with them again? Only if I wanted a very safe, pleasant place to take my grandchildren and do some fun hunting for plains game.I hope this helps.

Posts: 740 | Location: CT/AZ USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks for all the replies guys. Ryan

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pathfinder:
I hunted with them about 5 years ago (DU auction) and bought the hunt very cheap so all the money they made was in trophy fees, which were not out of line then. They are well organized and I can't complain about my guide or the services they provided. It's a very nice place to take younger children and the game is about average to better if you are willing to hunt. They have a number of ranches they use besides their own. I took my wife there and she enjoyed it. We took a side trip to Kruger with them and it was a great time at very reasonable cost. It is not Tanzania nor Zimbabwe and I wouldn't hunt dangerous game there e.g. buffalo but for plains game it was fine.It is not associated with the "Out of Africa" bunch to my knowledge.

As for taxidermy, I wouldn't leave anything anywhere I've been in Africa. There's no comparison to the work done here by reputable taxidermists and I don't believe you save anything. Would I hunt with them again? Only if I wanted a very safe, pleasant place to take my grandchildren and do some fun hunting for plains game.I hope this helps.

I dont want to step on anyones toes here, as obviously I have not seen them all but I agree with the above. I have never seen taxidermy work done in Africa that was better than below average compared to the taxidermists in the states that have actually hunted african animals and seen them alive. I am sure that there must be some good taxidermists there but, like I said, I have not seen them. Maybe it has something to do with the supplies available to them, that are maybe more available or less expensive here. I hazzard to say that I would never leave trophies to be mounted in Africa.

6x NFR Qualifier
NFR Champion
Reserve World Champion Bareback Rider
PRCA Million Dollar Club
02' Salt Lake Olympic Qualifier
and an all around good guy!

Posts: 354 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
I hunted with them in 2000. The hunt was bought at a SCI auction. The 10 day hunt came out to about $1000.00 each plus trophy fees. At that time their trophy fees were a little higher than others I looked at, but they were not WAY higher like they are now. They got quite a bit of TV coverage several years ago on Steve Scott's show that I would guess led to the price increases. They have also expanded their home ranch and increased the concessions that they hunt.

When I was there, it was a family operation with dad (Bohr?) and #1 son (Kon) running the hunting and daughter running the taxidermy which was done at the home ranch. The home ranch at that time was 8,000 acres under high fence. All of the animals the 4 of us shot were good representative animals, but no exceptional trophies. My animals included a 49 +" Kudu, 32" Gemsbok, 25" Waterbuck, 14" Limpopo bushbuck, 24" Impala, and 27+" Blue wildebeest. The home ranch had a nice, comfortable lodge and hunter cabins. Food was great. The guides and Kon worked hard to get us our animals.

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1632 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote