Find
Notify
Tools

One week and I'll be there!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted
Damn hard to concentrate on work right now......I fly to the Dande area of Zim a week from today! I'll be hunting elephant for the first time with Buzz Charlton Safaris with my Dad and good friend, Steve. We are looking for a bull apiece and then maybe a tuskless cow and hyena or bushpig. Have checked and rechecked the luggage. Steve shot his .470. I shot five more rounds through my 416 Rigby just to be sure....now it's just "sit and wait" time. Maybe I'll read "The Perfect Shot" chapter on elephant one more time..............

Posts: 7538 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I'm jealous! Save one for me, please.

If you look below, obviously, I've been amongst 'em, but never (at the same time) had both the bucks and the opportunity. Maybe next year! Keep a diary and let us know all about you and yours. And shoot straight and be safe, too. We don't need another thread about a quasi-successful charge with one of our friends as the victim.

Posts: 7561 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Russ,

Good luck I am going to miss out of some great stories at the Afton house...But if lady luck is with all we may all have some great ele and buf stories to tell...
Tell your Dad I'm taking my son for his first safari..Us Dad's have to stick together... Have a super trip....Mike

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Have a great hunt Russell!

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good hunting, bring us a tail or a tale. "D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Make that one day. I'm out of here tomorrow, Houston, Atlanta, Jo'burg, Afton House, Harare and a charter flight and I'm there! Post results when I get back.
JudgeG, will make sure we don't shoot em' all so you can go back and help yourself!
Mike, will leave one for you!
BillC, I'll e-mail you when I get back. Thanks for all your help. Cheers, gents...I'm gone!

Posts: 7538 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know what you mean about the excitement. We leave in 2 weeks and the bags have been packed for a month. This is the fourth trip and although it doesnt have the excitement of the first its still damm exciting. Hope you have a great trip and bag that bad boy thats been hanging out in the park for the last 65 years. Think about it the ele you will shoot was born 30 plus years ago. So much history so much fun>>>

Posts: 294 | Location: carmichael,califoenia,usa | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote