Find
Notify
Tools

Yesterday
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Will
posted
All on 3 legs of a Southwest Airlines flight yesterday the stewardess and pilot were making a big deal of the active and retired military that were on the flights. Pretty nice as everyone clapped in approval.

For whatever reason there were a bunch of active military guys (and one girl) in their camo on the flight from Nashville to KC, on their way to Ft. Riley. I think the stewardess (yeah they are stewardesses to me) was starting to cry and we all stayed seated while these military types got off the plane first after landing in KC. We all applauded again. Pretty cool.

Bill

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19321 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pretty cool is right Will. Good to see some respect for the armed services.

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As it should be.

My father in law was a fighter pilot (F15's) in Viet Nam. Had dinner with him last night and said thanks.

Posts: 10215 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
WTG, Will!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
excellent. In addition, I hope the applause really pissed off all of the liberal passengers.

dale

Posts: 405 | Location: Dallas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 16 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's just one of the reasons I fly SWA!

THanks for that mention Will!
patriot
JW

one of us
posted Hide Post
Will,

Good deal! Nice to see some acknowledgement for service. During Vietnam you were lucky if you didn't get spit on.

DaleW,

Your comment on liberals was uncalled for.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12880 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
Southwest generally does this same thing year round not just on memorial day. I have always felt it is a simple example of showing respect for those who risk all to protect our freedom. I wish more companies and people would follow this example.

Posts: 5701 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I was on a United flight from Denver to New York yesterday and the flight attendants gave free meal packs to the two guys in uniform.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12552 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will - Thanks for the heads up on SWA. I have always felt that they were really in touch with reality and good ole common values. Fly them whenever I get the chance. Maybe a note to SWA from all of us here via e-mail would be good to let them know we appreciate they thoughtfulness?
www.southwest.com

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am in the habit of picking up dinner checks, paying for a cup of coffee etc anytime I come across our military folks.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
With all due respect to the military figures past, present and retired.
What has this thread got to do with African Big Game Hunting topics?

Posts: 307 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 19 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe nothing if you are in Tanzania, but most who post here have been to Africa, going back to Africa, want to go to Africa and are just showing appreciation to our "military folks", so lighten up please. I think that makes the "African connection" for this thread. Since you are already there, can see where you might think different??

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

quote:
Originally posted by kibokolambogo:
With all due respect to the military figures past, present and retired.
What has this thread got to do with African Big Game Hunting topics?

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DaleW,

I'll stand with you on the liberal remark. If one doesn't respect the sacrifice of our military men and women make they will get none from me.

Thanks Southwest, from an old delta guy who did the same before retiring.

Adrian

Posts: 413 | Location: Tennille, Ga | Registered: 29 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
It is great the way Americans treat your armed services personal,other countries(England)could learn alot from you.

"Never in the field of human conflict
was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 1870 | Location: Throughout the British Empire | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Absolutely nothing wrong with being patriotic and respectful towards those who put their life on the line for a cause.
Still got nothing to do with African Big Game Hunting.
Our esteemed Host could maybe set up another "room" to cater for similar unrelated discussions?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
As it should be.

My father in law was a fighter pilot (F15's) in Viet Nam. Had dinner with him last night and said thanks.

No F-15's in Viet-Nam Dogcat. Maybe he flew them after he came back from Viet Nam ...??

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was at the first public vewing of F-15, it was at Wright Patt in 1974, I was stationed there at that time. The Viet Nam war was over in 1973 and Siagon fell in 1975.

Perception is reality
regardless the truth!

Stupid people should not breed

DRSS
NRA Life Member
Owner of USOC Adventure TV

Posts: 923 | Location: Phx Az and the Hills of Ohio | Registered: 13 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Absolutely nothing wrong with being patriotic and respectful towards those who put their life on the line for a cause.
Our esteemed Host could maybe set up another "room" to cater for similar unrelated discussions?

If this significantly bothers you -- which apparently it does --- then don't participate in this thread -- eh?
G

OMG!-- my bow is "pull-push feed" - how dreadfully embarrasing!!!!!

Posts: 928 | Location: 8K Ft in Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will:
All on 3 legs of a Southwest Airlines flight yesterday the stewardess and pilot were making a big deal of the active and retired military that were on the flights. Pretty nice as everyone clapped in approval.
Bill

patriot thumb

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13404 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Normally I could care less if someone does or does not say thanks for anything, but being retired USAF and understanding the personal sacrifices of both the military member and their family it warms my heart to hear it! THANK YOU to all the acive duty and vets!

Posts: 297 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodmnctry:
quote:

If this significantly bothers you -- which apparently it does --- then don't participate in this thread -- eh?
G

No bother at all - by all means have your thrill!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

G

It's not a thrill. It's respect for those who have served and are serving. We have two hot wars going and may soon have another, if North Korea continues to insist on committing suicide. A lot of people are coming home in boxes. Got it?
salute

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jetdrvr:
quote:
quote:
quote:

G

It's not a thrill. It's respect for those who have served and are serving. We have two hot wars going and may soon have another, if North Korea continues to insist on committing suicide. A lot of people are coming home in boxes. Got it?
salute

If you read my comments in full you will note that I an not shunning respect to the military - I am questioning the forum on which related discussions are being viewed.
Is it correct in your way of thinking, to start a thread of this nature on a forum labelled "African Big Game Hunting" when there are other forums which cater for such topics?
In my line of thinking it falls within threads related to "The Political Forum".
Have a good day/evening.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just got back into town after flying out of Phoenix on Southwest on Saturday. They did the same thing on my flight. As a vereran it made me feel good to see the young guys getting their due. patriot

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I went to see the Doctor yesteday and the nurse that checked my vitals etc. was a retired Navy Corpman that had been in Vietnam. He shook my hand and said welcome home. That sort of gave me a lump in my throat as I realized 36 years later that nobody had ever said that to me concerning my service. Much better enviroment today for our boys and girls in the service.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12880 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm 49, too young to have been in Viet Nam. The vets of that war really deserve

hand shakes, hugs, pats on the back and so on from we who were on the sidelines.

Those men and women were so horribly treated by the wretched leftists. I see what

those walking stacks of human waste did as a collective abomination. My sincerest

gratitude goes out to every vet, but especially to those who protected me when I
was just child/adolesent aged, early 1960's - early 1970's. salute clap thumb patriot

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote