New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shangaan Hunters - PH Glenn Stockil
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone hunted with Glenn Stockil and/or with Shangaan Hunters?
I have a friend who is close to booking a lion hunt with them and he asked me what I know about them. He just e-mail that the hunt would be in October in Zimbabwe (he didn't say where but I'm thinking the Save).
Any info would be appreciated and passed on.
Thank you in advance.

Posts: 439 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 11 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know Glenn reasonably well and have hunted out of Senuko several times. He got a great lion for his client when I was last there (doing a buff with a bow hunt).

The lion quota for Save is low for the size of the population (conservancy politics) so chances of getting a good one are better than average for Zim

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Alaska Hunter - You can have your friend contact me if you like! I hunted LION with Glenn just last year in the SAVE.

Aaron Neilson
globalhunts@aol.com

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Aaron - I recieved one of your DVD's. So I know how good you did.
My friend lurks here at AR, just hasn't signed up yet, so I know he'll be monitoring this topic (he asked me to submit for him). I'll give him your DVD next week, I leave in the morning for BC to pick up an elk and Stone Sheep mount and won't be back until Tuesday.

Ganyana - thay you also for the response.

Hey while I'm at it, what's the buffalo like there in October? He's trying to talk me into tagging along.

Mike

Posts: 439 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 11 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Aaron, please contact me.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ganyana:
I know Glenn reasonably well and have hunted out of Senuko several times. He got a great lion for his client when I was last there (doing a buff with a bow hunt).

The lion quota for Save is low for the size of the population (conservancy politics) so chances of getting a good one are better than average for Zim

I've never hunted with Glenn, but I've known him for a couple of years.

I can tell you this; he appreciates good food.

When he was in town for the DSC convention he's eaten at my restaurant, and had the good taste to realize just how fine the dining is.

I haven't gotten Ganyana in there, but I've exposed a significant portion of the rest of the editorial staff of "African Hunter" to Japanese cuisine.

Anyway, Glenn's a good guy to sit down with and toss back a few shots of sake. That's got to count for a lot.

Posts: 8938 | Location: Dallas TX | Registered: 11 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LRH270
posted Hide Post
I hunted buffalo w/ Glenn out of Senuko 2 years ago and would be glad to give him a reference.

RMEF Life Member
SCI
DRSS
Chapuis 9,3/9,3 + 20/20
Simson 12/12/9,3
Zoli 7x57R/12
Kreighoff .470/.470

We band of 9,3ers!

The Few. The Pissed. The Taxpayers.

Posts: 1577 | Location: Arizona and Nevada since 1979. | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Alaska Hunter - Buffalo in October will be good! Waterholes will be limited, thus concentrating the buffalo in a big way! Baiting the lion might be a bit of an issue as October is Hot as hell, and baits won't last long at all!!!! I shot my lion with Glenn on the 11th day, we went through 3 Giraffe and 2 Zebra in that time. Not because baits went bad, but because we had so damn many lions eating the baits. We literally had 11 lions on one bait, you could count all of them clearly on the trail cam. Glenn is a good guy, the camp is one of the best I have been to in Africa, and Senuko has plenty of lion! I would check to see if dates are available in August or September???

Aaron

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We can recommend Glenn and Shangaan hunters as well

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LRH270:
I hunted buffalo w/ Glenn out of Senuko 2 years ago and would be glad to give him a reference.

Ah yes, your partner drew the short straw and got me Big Grin Have the blisters healed yet Wink

Posts: 244 | Location: Zimbabwe/Sweden | Registered: 09 January 2006Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
You can't go wrong with Glenn or Shangaan.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
Picture of LRH270
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted Jun 21, 11:26 PM Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LRH270:

Ah yes, your partner drew the short straw and got me Have the blisters healed yet

Nope!

RMEF Life Member
SCI
DRSS
Chapuis 9,3/9,3 + 20/20
Simson 12/12/9,3
Zoli 7x57R/12
Kreighoff .470/.470

We band of 9,3ers!

The Few. The Pissed. The Taxpayers.

Posts: 1577 | Location: Arizona and Nevada since 1979. | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote