Find
Notify
Tools

Game Skin rugs
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted
As I recall there has been discussion in the forums about someone that prepares nice rugs out of flat skins. I've got a zebra flat skin I'd like to have prepared. Thoughts?

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Mary Hilliard-Krueger( may be spelled incorrectly), who sometimes posts in the taxidermy section, does beautiful rug work. her husband, Chris is a master taxidermist, also. google Krueger Creations( in Phoenix) and you should find contact info.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13180 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
+1 for Mary. She does great work!

~Ann

Posts: 19172 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann,

Looks like your dog has claimed the zebra rug. Smiler

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Mary. I am sure she would be glad to show you a pic of my Leopard Rug she crafted for me. A pic is also on the Taxidermy thread some months back. Research "past posts" on the subject and they should pop up.

Larry Sellers
SCI (International) Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Culpepper:
Ann,

Looks like your dog has claimed the zebra rug. Smiler

I like that photo too.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jerry Huffaker did ours. COuld not be happier!

Posts: 41790 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bwana,

Jerry huffaker did a zebra rug for me with leather trim. Nice! We actually put it in our foyer and it is walked on daily. I think we've had it over 10 years now and other than wear on the hair it is perfect. I don't know how anyone could do a better job and Jerry is far from the most expensive on his work.

If I do another one I'll have some kind of non skid material as backing to prevent the dogs from wadding it up in a pile as they run around the house but that's just one of those things you learn as you go along.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12880 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Jerry!

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone. I'm going to get some calls out and decide. Also have a giraffe flat skin that I've got to figure out a use for. Might have a rug done there too.

Ann, that Kudu never fails to amaze me. Obscenely large!

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Colin Castelli
posted Hide Post
Mary has done an excellent job on both of my rugs, I highly recommend her.

halflingrugger@cox.net

Posts: 180 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 16 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very timely thread. Because I am soon to need one , or two, of these. Thanks.

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Mary is my rug person. She may have an equal, but I am not aware of it.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote