Nyampala Opens {Again}
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted
Anybody know who is hunting it?

Per email from Safari Outfitters:
quote:
After a one-year closure, the famous Nyampala concession in Zambia has re-opened. This incredible area consists of 2050 square miles and is situated in the "Game Rich" corridor between the North and the South Luangwa National Parks.

Nyampala is home to big blond and dark maned lion and is considered by many to be the best cat area in all of Africa. It is also rated as the best concession in Zambia for nearly all species. Superb trophy lion were taken out of Nyampala from 2003 to 2006 and one of these can be yours in 2008.

With only 3 lion permits available in 2008, the price of a 21-day lion, Buffalo, Plainsgame Hunt at Nyampala is $86,000, plus trophy fees and the roundtrip air or optional ground transfers from Lusaka. Included in the price of this hunt are concession fees, safari license, mandatory bird license, mandatory evacuation insurance, dip/pack/crate fees, gun permits and the duty on ammunition.

Brilliantly spotted leopard, cape buffalo in the 40-47" class, hippo, puku, Cookson wildebeest, crocodile, Lichtenstein hartebeest, kudu, roan, eland, impala, waterbuck, Sharpe's grysbok, common duiker, hyena, zebra, chobe bushbuck, bushpig, warthog and klipspringer are all hunted in the Nyampala. 14-Day Leopard, Buffalo, Plainsgame Hunts is priced at $35,000, plus trophy and transfer fees. 7-Day Buffalo/Plainsgame Hunts are priced at $13,225/ hunter as a 2x1 and $14,375 as a 1x1.

Rearrange your busy 2008 schedule to take advantage of the quality hunt in Zambia with a quality outfitter!

Call Don Crane of Safari Outfitters now at 307-587-5596 or e-mail at don@safari1.com to book your Zambia Lion Hunt!

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill

Yikes! I thought our lion hunts were expensive. At $52,500 John DuPlooy's 21 day lion is a bargain in Zambia and our own premier hunt in Masaialand at $72,000 is far cheaper and you don't need a charter.

Man! This lion hunting is really out of sight.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got that email also. You would think that the charter would be built into the cost but that's just me. It's kind of strange to see these big ticket hunts with mandatory fees/costs that are in addition to the hunt. It's just a personal thing and matters not as I will not be lion hunting. Even if I could afford it, I would rather hunt multiple ele for the same price.

Mark, do you flinch when you say $52k is a bargain? I do. Eeker

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yukon,

No! It's all relative man.

Folks,

FYI: For those who care or know him Rashid got Nyampala. Leopard Ridge is out.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark,

I really liked Ross and the guys at leopard ridge and heard that they had to face erroneous and trumped up charges. Do you have a take on this? Is this Rashid an ok guy or a scoundrel?
Peter Flack( one of the true gentlemen I've met in Africa) speaks highly of Nympala and I was in the process of trying to book a hunt with Leopard Ridge when the wheel ran off. If Rashid is the villain in this piece I'll have to pass, however. Thanks.

Posts: 414 | Location: Tennille, Ga | Registered: 29 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ZAWA are running this concession themselves. They did an ad in our local papers asking for PHS to bid for hunts. Although I am not too sure how they are working it.

Posts: 228 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 25 September 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Adrian Parham:
Mark,

I really liked Ross and the guys at leopard ridge and heard that they had to face erroneous and trumped up charges. Do you have a take on this? Is this Rashid an ok guy or a scoundrel?
Peter Flack( one of the true gentlemen I've met in Africa) speaks highly of Nympala and I was in the process of trying to book a hunt with Leopard Ridge when the wheel ran off. If Rashid is the villain in this piece I'll have to pass, however. Thanks.

Can we have more details of this Rashid?

Like full name, and how he became a villain?

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ive spoken to a few PH that hunt in Zambia and as far as ive been told he has half of ZAWA in his back pocket.ZAWA is known for been currupt i feel sorry for those guys from leopard ridge

Posts: 203 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 28 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Rashid is a well known personality in the Zambian safari business and I admit I have never known him by anything but Rashid. As for "villain" I have no first hand knowledge of this one way or the other.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

The name has been mentioned in earlier threads about Zambia and Leopard Ridge. This is one. I have no details myself.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Even for someone used to Tanzania prices, the rates offered for this concession are hideously overpriced.

And Leopard Ridge, by all accounts, was railroaded out of this concession. I have no first hand knowledge of this either, but on the other hand, I have heard nothing but bad news about this entire situation.

I would hunt with DuPlooy rather than this outfit if I were to hunt Zambia any time soon.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13623 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I agree the listed prices are totally overboard, BUT...a booking agent friend told me they are already sold out for '08 and '09 Eeker. Apparently there are some folks who believe the area is worth the asking price!

Posts: 1148 | Location: The Hunting Fields | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charles_Helm:
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

The name has been mentioned in earlier threads about Zambia and Leopard Ridge. This is one. I have no details myself.

Personally, I would avoid this sort of outfir like the plague!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote