Find
Notify
Tools

change.org / Delta Airlines
 Login/Join

One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted
Maybe I've been under a rock, but I have to admit to not being familiar with change.org... while searching for Delta's statement this morning to continue the transport of trophies, I found these guys.

They seem to be a major factor in these decisions... take their advice from the page below to contact Delta management, and let them know where we stand on the issue.

https://www.change.org/p/delta...mal-hunting-trophies

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
I doubt they could have picked a more out of shape hunter to illustrate this.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just wrote a letter to Delta; I have been Platinum on their airline for years, so I assume that means more than some antihunter hippie flying Frontier.

I want to commend you for not bowing to animal rights fanatics who are pressuring you to stop shipping animal trophies. Legal hunting injects valuable dollars into the economies of African countries and makes the local population more willing to tolerate elephants eating their crops, lions killing their cattle, etc.

I have previously told you I am moving to another carrier due to your mileage changes. Well, I changed my mind - I am moving back to Delta based on your stand on this issue. Looking forward to my 2 million miler status soon...

Thank you Delta!

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My message to Delta

I am a Diamond Medallion frequent flyer with Delta. I have been Diamond since the program started. Before that, I was a Platinum Medallion for as long as I can remember. I have flown just over 3.5 million miles with Delta.

I would like to commend Delta for its position with respect to the recent Change.org petition to have Delta stop shopping hunting trophies from Africa. It was the RIGHT decision from both a business stand point and from the long term survival of African wildlife. The petitioners are no doubt well intentions. However, they are misguided and totally clueless to the plight of the animals in Africa.

In Africa, animal welfare boils down to one simple fact. If it pays, it stays. If it doesn't pay, they die. Hunting brings much needed foreign currency into African economies. Hunting companies protect the resource. Where there is no hunting, poaching is rife. Virtually everything is killed. I have been 21 times. I have seen it over and over. In addition, the hunting companies distribute the meat to the locals. This stops them from poaching.

Once again, thank you for standing up to these misguided souls. I look forward to becoming a 5 Million Miler before I retire.

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote