New
Find
Notify
Tools

should have bought a winchester
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Maybe I'm just dense, but many a time, I've had an animal in my sites and pull.....pull...... followed by what the hell. Yep, didn't get the safety past the middle position.

I do like the ability to unload with the safety on though.

Posts: 543 | Location: Belmont, MI | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I also understand that some individuals have a hard time walking and chewing gum at the same time.......

Chuck

Posts: 2658 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Difficulty walking and chewing gum?

That's me. Where do I sign up?

Posts: 19319 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
500Grains,

Holy shit! We agree on one thing. I guess I will have to quit ignoring you.

Peace, my brother.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Neither one of you knows what the hell he's talking about.

One of you can't carry a ten pound rifle and the other one can't move his thumb 3/4 of an inch.

I've said my piece, brother.

Posts: 13397 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

One of you can't carry a ten pound rifle and the other one can't move his thumb 3/4 of an inch.

I haven't figured out how to use the new Ruger safety either.

Nor can I figure out the safety/cocking doohickie on a Blaser.

But I can push the tang safety of a double rifle just dandy.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised that anyone would dare question the sacred cow M-70 safety. It is safe but too loud and awkward. I grew up with tang safeties and anything else just doesn't fit.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
If the timing is properly adjust on a Model 70, the safety works a lot better and a lot quieter. I've been shooting M-70s for twenty-seven years, and that safety is second-nature to me, and has never posed a problem.

If I couldn't get used to it though, I'd likely go with a Belgian Browning Safari with a side-mounted safety.....

AD

one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
AD,

I figure another 6 months I'll have you convinced that those Model 70's are just pieces of crap.

Have you thought about giving those Blasers a try?

<allen day>
posted
Will, you say Blaser?

I handled one of those at SCI one time and started to feel nauseous right away. It must have been the plastic bolt handle!

AD

one of us
posted Hide Post
Shortround,
Didn�t You have the chance to handle the cz before buying?
I am really jealous of You Americans, no limit on gun ownership, I get 6 maximum (for hunting), if the rifle or handgun is for target shooting /competition, then no limit.

Anyway, i have a CZ in 416 Rigby (no hogback stock) and it holds 4 rounds in the magazine and 1 Up (the el cheapo magbox were not of the accurate width). The few add on�s were necg S-4, and a AHR trigger.

The win 70 classic (7mm Rem mag) , needed a new extractor and bottom metal.

There is a quite insignificant difference in that the CZ extractor grips harder the more You pull (undercut grove) were a win70 is more prone to slip.

If Your not satisfied with the CZ , why not just sell it an get the winchester?

All the best

Jens

Posts: 57 | Location: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Winchester needed new bottom metal??? You gotta do better than that!!!!!

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ok Ok I confess,

Bedding, triggerjob,magazinebox and follower were changed to the long one, and the barrel points to the right (i am at the end of scope adjustment), if it would have open sights a bet they would have needed to be replaced too.

Anyway it shoots around 1 moa with x bullets so I am quite pleased.

All the best

Jens

Posts: 57 | Location: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote