New
Find
Notify
Tools

Moon Phases Africa
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I may show my ignornance here but I would assume that being in a different hemisphere Africa would be in different moon phases than we are in the US. Could someone direct me to a website or inform me of moon phases for 2007. I frankly am a believer in hunting by the moon and its effect on game.

Thanks in advance,

Larry

York, SC

one of us
posted Hide Post
BigBBear

Try imageware.com/astro/moon.cgi The hemisphere does not affect moon phase. Your right about moon phases affecting all hunting.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13004 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mark, does this mean a full moon in the US is a full moon in Africa on the same day?

Many thanks,

Larry

York, SC

one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
BBB - Here's a good one: Moon Phase Calculator (same moon phases in North America as in Africa)

I too prefer a dark night sky if possible. Note tsetse flies are worse during a full moon as they are mating.

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can try this one also. Very good results.

www.wits.ac.za/planetarium/moon07.html

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BigBBear

As Bill confirmed full moon in NA is the same day as full moon in Africa. Bill's suggestion for a sight is better than mine as it shows a whole month at a time.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

Posts: 13004 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
An interesting phenomenon is the moon viewed from the Southern Hemisphere is "upside down" as seen from the Northern.

I get a kick from movies which show the NH full moon, yet claim to be set in the SH. Wink

jim

if you're too busy to hunt,you're too busy.

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill C:
BBB - Here's a good one: Moon Phase Calculator (same moon phases in North America as in Africa)

I too prefer a dark night sky if possible. Note tsetse flies are worse during a full moon as they are mating.

Bill,

I like that moon phase calculator the best.

Doug

Posts: 294 | Location: Waunakee, WI USA | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Canuck32
posted Hide Post
Many GPS units have a moon phase build in as well where you can look up years in advance that also shows the position of the sun in relation to the moon. I really like that moon phase calculator for when i have an internet connection

If you have that much to fight for, then you should be fighting. The sentiment that modern day ordinary Canadians do not need firearms for protection is pleasant but unrealistic. To discourage responsible deserving Canadians from possessing firearms for lawful self-defence and other legitimate purposes is to risk sacrificing them at the altar of political correctness."

- Alberta Provincial Court Judge Demetrick

Posts: 615 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 17 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Note tsetse flies are worse during a full moon as they are mating.

Same applies to most of us. And after some bottles of our delicious red wines you know everything about PHASES OF THE MOON!

HUNTING ONE HOUR FROM CAPE TOWN
www.kapstadt.de/lemberg

Posts: 640 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jagter
posted Hide Post
The most reliable site to get moon phases from.

Book your hunt during the dark moon phases - much more animal movement during the days, more opportunities for success with your hunting!

OWLS
My Africa, with which I will never be able to live without!

Posts: 654 | Location: RSA, Mpumalanga, Witbank. | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Gent's

Now this is interesting, I understand the phases of the moon infleuncing the tides of the sea, thus the importance to fisherman. Would somebody mind giving me a quick explanation with the effect to hunting ?

Thanx
Schmidie
"opie-knoppe"

Posts: 51 | Location: midrand South Africa | Registered: 02 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jagter
posted Hide Post
schmidie:

Follow this link.

OWLS
My Africa, with which I will never be able to live without!

Posts: 654 | Location: RSA, Mpumalanga, Witbank. | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
schmidie

It's pretty simple. On the dark of the moon it is difficult for even mostly nctunal animals to feed or hunt because there is no light. Therefore they feed more in daylight and are easier to hunt.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've always felt moonrise and moonset can mean a ton too. Anyone have a site for that info?

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote