New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: New member says hello
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Welcome. I leave on May 26 which is just a week away. This will be my first safari. Congratulations on the success of yours.

Posts: 551 | Location: Woodbine, Ga | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mbogo375
posted Hide Post
Welcome. As you have found out, Africa is a demanding habit that can only be fed by numerous return visits .

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 21 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gringo- I'll try to post some photo's. I only have the photo's on my drive and couldn't get one to attach. I like to think that the results of my hunt were from skill... but I know better.

Nickudu- Life IS good!! My little hunter er... daughter is daddy's pride and joy. I can't wait to get her involved in shooting and the outdoors.

1115- I venture to guess that you haven't slept right in weeks. You won't sleep much better after you return. I hope you have the same luck as I did. Push yourself to the limit and be ready to run, crawl, and slither on your belly. The PH will push as hard as you want or be as relaxed as you want. However, hard work does get rewarded. Be ready for lots of walking and quick shots. The game won't wait for you to "feel" ready.

Posts: 487 | Location: Denton, Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've been cruising around your site for the past day and replied to a few posts. Great information to be found on this site. I've been an avid hunter for years and finally took my first trip to Africa last September. I hadn't departed for home before I was already planning the next trip back. It gets in your blood.

I had the trip of a lifetime and my outfitter thought I left a trail of gold with my luck. I managed to take seven quality animals in 8 days of hunting including Kudu, Impala, Zebra, Warthog, Gemsbok, Blue Wildebeast and Duiker. I took the warthog and gemsbok before 9:00 in the morning on the same day!

I look forward to the next trip and the third, fourth, fifth ...... I've already planned my newborn daughters trip when she turns 16 in 2020!!

It's great to find this site and I look forward to reading everyone's stories, tips etc.

Posts: 487 | Location: Denton, Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
your either lucky or good or both, welcome aboard.

Post some pictures of your hunt, we would like to see them.

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Forum and congratulations on your safari and the birth of your daughter! Life is good, eh? I'm sure you'll develope an addiction to "AR" too!

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
gsg,

Welcome, and you will find an answer to any question...this group of sportsmen are here to help all...

Mike

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote