New
Find
Notify
Tools

Death of a friend
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just found out that my RSA outfitter, PH, and friend Christo kaiser has been killed by an elephant in Botswana. Christo was hunting elephants in Botswana with Spanish Clients. They were in close, the wind swirled, and an elephant charged. Christo was still alive after the attack, but died while being choppered to Maun. He left a wonderful and 3 beautiful small daughters. I will post when more info becomes available. Please pray for his family. Jerry Hoover

Posts: 372 | Location: Round Rock,TX | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I tried to think of something to write that would make some sense, but my mind fails me.

What contradictions. We love elephants, yet we kill them. We know we go into dangerous situations, yet we go smiling. We know that someone may die, yet we pay (or get paid) to take that risk and when someone does die, we mourn.

I guess it is buried deep in our brains somewhere, the desire to hunt dangerous game. We feel less alive unless we do.

Remember the good, not the ending, I guess is all we can do.

Is there a fund for the family? We are all the less for the loss of one of the good guys and I'd like the wife and children to know that a novice Africaphile appreciates the joy their dad and husband gave my fellow hunters.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I am very sorry to hear that.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
My sincerest condolences and prayers for the family.

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
I have a friend that hunted with Christo a few years ago with her family. They spoke very highly of him. His family will be in my prayers.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3109 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My condolences go out to Christo's Family.

Sometimes words are inadequate to express the sadness and the sorrow that comes from an incident such as this.

They will be in my prayers and thoughts.

"one of the most common african animals is the common coolerbok(or coleman's coolerbok). Many have been domesticated and can be found in hunting camps, lodges and in the back of vehicles."

Posts: 252 | Location: Singapore | Registered: 26 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Fulldraw Outdoor Media
posted Hide Post
Sad, very sad. My thoughts are with his beautiful family.

At fulldraw,
Tyge Floyd
Fulldraw Outdoor Media
"From Alaska to Zimbabwe...Have Cameras, Will Travel"

Posts: 142 | Location: Texas | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bahati
posted Hide Post
I heard this from another friend yesterday and wanted to do a post but did not know how to say it. In a way, I guess I hoped it wasn't true.

Christo was a good friend and colleague and a real "live wire" running a top class operation. Have a look at www.unicohunting.co.za. There's a nice picture of him and his lovely family ...

For the guys that booked with him, the show will go on. Let me know if you need any help.

Rest in peace my friend.

Johan

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It was hard for me to post this. Christo was an incredible man, a superb PH,a good friend, and a devoted father and husband. He ran an incredible operation, but his family was always his prime concern. I do not know what is being done for his family, but I will try to find out. From what I know , he gave his life protecting his clients. Words cannot convey the depth of my sadness for his family. Jerry Hoover

Posts: 372 | Location: Round Rock,TX | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
My condolenses to Christo's family. Rest in peace

Life is how you spend the time between hunting trips.

Through Responsible Sustainable hunting we serve Conservation.
Outfitter permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/73984
PH permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/81197
Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My sincere condolences to family and friends. Such a fella is very hard to lose.

Perhaps is good to remember that it may not be the number of breaths we take, but the things we see and experiences we have that take our breath away that are important. Such a man had many, many more than most.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
Firstly it is very sad to hear and secondly it is not a nice way to go.
Christo must have run one of the best hunting operations in the country with a wonderfull camp and staff.
I'm sure that Willie and the others will keep the show running.
But I hope that the family that he left behind will pick up from his strong will to carry on.

My sincere condolences.

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted Hide Post
I have friends who have hunted with him as well. This is very sad. Condolences to his family Frowner

Posts: 1282 | Registered: 17 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My good friend that has taken all the big 6 with Christo called me Friday and told me he lost his friend, He got the news while returning from a successful polar bear hunt in the Artic Circle. Christo stays with my friend a great deal while making the SCI circuit every year and we had dinner for him after the Dallas SCI. He ran a remarkable operation, had 3 wonderful kids and wife. Truely not a better example of why they are called dangerous game and why we should never take anything for granted while on a hunt. If tragedy could strike Christo with his experience,,,, it could take any of us. He will be truley missed. drwes

you can make more money, you can not make more time

Posts: 786 | Location: Mexia Texas | Registered: 07 July 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Our sincere condolences to Christo's wife and family. It is really awsome to experience the support of friends in difficult times. Life is so short, we make our own choices of how to live it.

Rest in Peace

Dries
Zululandhunters

Posts: 15 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 30 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Austin Chapter of SCI is planning a benefit to set up a trust fund for Christo's 3 beautiful daughters. I will post again when details are finalized. Jerry Hoover