THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    "In The Blood" an 1989 Safari Documentary

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"In The Blood" an 1989 Safari Documentary
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted
I just watched " In The Blood" an Safari documentary produced by White Mountain Films in 1989 on You-Tube. It's about a young boy's first safari in Africa and tracks, in part, Theodore Roosevelt's 1909 Safari. A must see, and an incredible film with Robin Hurt, Theodore Roosevelt IV, R. L. Wilson and many other famous individuals. Hunting in Tanzania with some of Roosevelt's rifles, including his Holland and Holland 500-450 double. Look it up and watch it. It's about 1 hour and 26 minutes long. You won't regret it.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
A classic indeed.

Before streaming I gave DVDs of In The Blood to non-hunting friends.

They all loved it and said it gave them an appreciation for hunting as conservation that they had never had before.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13396 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great movie . I used to have it on VHS.

Posts: 11974 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oddly enough i watched it on YouTube a couple of months ago. Very good.

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
I’ve still got an old VHS tape of it, but no VHS player. Fortunately, with it on YouTube, I’ve been able to watch it whenever I want to see what a hunting/safari movie is capable of being. It is so much better than 99% of everything else.

Posts: 3856 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
For the age of it, I think it is very good.

One of the only hunting movies filmed by an actual director. The guy is a good story teller.

Shockey's son is also a very good story teller.

There is an interesting piece of it that doesn't make sense when you watch it though. I don't remember if this is explained or not.

The entire production had to be shut down because they lost a professional hunter to a bush fire. That is why the buffalo hunt ends up finished in another country.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Yes, his name is mentioned in the credits at the very end of the film. Lost him to a grass fire on the first day of filming in Tanzania, along with one of the precious heirloom rifles. Not sure which rifle was lost-not T.R.'s 500-450 Holland and Holland for sure. That's in a firearms museum in Louisville, Kentucky. I think that the PH's name was Bilu Deen. One last thing: It sounds like the adult narrator is Charlton Heston. However, it appears that was a gentleman by the name of Joe Earley.

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Good movie.

Thank you for sharing

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1576 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was at the Premier of this film. It was held in the Galleria area in Houston. The crowd was not large but there were several outdoor writers present including John Wooters, Bob Brister, and Jack Carter, the bullet man.

Posts: 725 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by squeezenhope:
I was at the Premier of this film. It was held in the Galleria area in Houston. The crowd was not large but there were several outdoor writers present including John Wooters, Bob Brister, and Jack Carter, the bullet man.

I always loved Wooters.