Tools

Female professional hunters
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kayaker:
quote:
..."Homepage image taken in Ethiopia of Natasha playing dead surrounded by meat to see how close the hyena would come".

The pic is probably with the 'Hyena Men of Harrar'...near Gambella? They feed spotted hyena daily with meat hung on sticks, often held in their mouths, the animals are habituated to this. Safe? Not really but as Shakari said...a different ball game to 'wild' animals. Often the picture belies the details...

Harrar is in the East...close to the Somali Border. The original Hyena man was killed by...you guessed it.. hyenas!
Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Those hyena guys are just nutty. I understand their desire and need to work but good gravy!

Have you seen them at work Rich?

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nope and Harrar is just a little bit closer to Somalia than I want to go. 2020
Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
OH, the fantasies!!
I agree with Jorge...I have never seen a good (pilot) instructor in the Sim that couldn't make a female cry!! When the chips are down you need Testosterone...and some gray in the sideburns!!
May be sour grapes but at Robin Hurt's prices...it's outa reach anyway...thankfully!!

470EDDY

Posts: 2674 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You don't need balls to shoot straight. If the lady can find game and shoot straight if I need back up, or my ass hauled out of the fire, I'd hunt with her. The fact that the scenery would be better only helps matters.

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
So now that we have all seen MS. Hillary Clinton crying over HER huge loss in her recent TV conession speech...what do we think about women trying to be in "command positions" and crying under pressure or in emotional state??...when was the last time we saw a President cry...maybe at a funeral??...not under pressure...attack...life threatening acts?? HUMMMMMMM??!! I don't want my PH or Pilot crying!!

470EDDY

Posts: 2674 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
Never saw Margaret Thatcher cry sofa

"Never in the field of human conflict
was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 1878 | Location: Throughout the British Empire | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Showbart:
Sentiments echoed by many a bygone PH, and these nearly exact wards quoted in print by Denis Holman, said words belonging to non other than Eric Rundgren.

She's expensive as hell too. For that kinda money I'd rather hunt with Robin Hurt.

Book with Robin Hurt and you might end up with Natasha anyway as she is in his brochure as one of his PHs.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote