New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dubailand!!!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
If you haven't seen this web site, then check it out!

http://www.dubailand.ae/ (Macromedia Flash required.)

I think we all should go visit Saeed!!

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Been to Dubai twice. In 1997 on USS Nimitz and in 02 on the John F. Kennedy. Quite an impressive place, Dubai. jorge

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Adam Clements
posted Hide Post
Have been to Dubai several times, and it is a great place to go. Whether for business, shopping, realxing or night life it is great. We used to go for the weekends as there is a direct flight from Dar-es-Salaam. The shopping is the best as far as great deals. Beautiful hotels on the beach are great for relaxing.

Posts: 473 | Location: San Antonio, Texas & Tanzania | Registered: 20 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

ROFL.

I think someone is having some April Fool's day fun...

Rick.

Posts: 1099 | Location: Apex, NC, US | Registered: 09 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No, it's not a joke.
-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

This is about 1 mile from where I live.

I have yet to meet anyone who have visited Dubai and did not like it.

Adam,

Our mutual friends, the Vincents, have been coming here every year for the past few years. They are due again on the 21st of this month.

Next time you are passing through, let me know. You are very welcome to come visit.

That invitation goes to all AR members. In fact, I received an email from one this morning, he is coming to the UAE, and wants to shoot the 577 T.Rex. I loaded some ammo specially for him this afternoon.

Posts: 67001 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
"I loaded some ammo specially for him this afternoon."

Maximum loads, of course!

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Next time you are passing through, let me know. You are very welcome to come visit.
That invitation goes to all AR members. In fact, I received an email from one this morning, he is coming to the UAE, and wants to shoot the 577 T.Rex. I loaded some ammo specially for him this afternoon.

Saeed, that sounds sinister! I can hear your evil laughter over the internet even.

Posts: 12548 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Adam Clements
posted Hide Post
Saeed, Thanks for the invitation and will let you know when I am there next time. I just talked with Alan Vincent yesterday and he will be stopping over in Tanzania on the 20th then up to you. Make a special load for Alan for me as well

Posts: 473 | Location: San Antonio, Texas & Tanzania | Registered: 20 November 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Nick my friend,

Because of all the controversy we have here about teh 45-70, I have decided to load two loads for the 577 T.Rex.

One is a full load, and one duplicates the performance of the 45-70.

I can tell that the 45-70 load penetrates the targets just as well as the full power load.

Keep this just between us, I don't wish to start another round of argument.

Imagine a thread titled 45-70 V 577T.Rex!

Posts: 67001 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I went to that website, and, boy! was I disappointed!

Where are the indoor trap, skeet, sporting clays, and highpower ranges?

Posts: 5883 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Where are the indoor trap, skeet, sporting clays, and highpower ranges?

Saeed, are you going to take care of this, or shall we look for another?

Posts: 5883 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote