Find
Notify
Tools

Scandinavian Big Bore Meeting
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted

April 29-30 we arrange a big get together for hunters and shooters. See invitations in PDF format!

Invitation in english

Invitation in swedish

On the program;

Release of the hunting video "Africa and the big Viking"

Big Bore Shooting

Moose target

and much more

For long travelers we can help with accomodation.

Posts: 2121 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
sure wish I could make it--I did forward this to my wife's cousin in Persberg(Mikael) and his buddy from Kristineham(Anders) and told them to get down there--jag hoopas det gar bra--halsa til Owe--chris

Posts: 304 | Location: San Francisco, CA, USA | Registered: 14 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post
thanks chris, I will forward that to Owe also!

one of us
Picture of exabit
posted Hide Post
Count me in! I'll bring the squirrel gun (458) and plenty of 500 grain slugs Smiler

/ Rikard

Posts: 209 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 30 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post
You are welcome Rikard.

So far 20% of the tickets are sold...

one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
This is going to be great fun! Smiler

/Martin

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of exabit
posted Hide Post
Where are them yanks? Confused

/ Rikard

one of us
posted Hide Post
vi sitter har o tanker hur kan vi kommer fran--

fruen har alla pengar o barnen behover kladderna o skor

fan--det finns inga pengar kvar--

det gor oss yankees--eller den har yankee--chris

Posts: 304 | Location: San Francisco, CA, USA | Registered: 14 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
Hope to see you next year csutton7!

/Martin

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
Can I come out and play ? sofa

Damn I just cannot wait I just hope I survive the weather. But don't fear I bought myself a very nice leather jacket today. Will there be a limit on ammo from Varberger ???? jump

I mean I'm coming all the way from Africa to test their rifles.

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
Dont' worry, there will be enough rifles and ammo to keep you busy! Smiler

Regards,
Martin

-----------------------

one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post
30% of the tickets sold.....

one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
btt Smiler

Regards,
Martin

-----------------------

one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
How is the ticket sales going ?
Cannot wait to see the end result of the video.

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post
Frederik

Havent recieved your payment yet and we are getting close to sold out so maybe you can't attend????? Big Grin

No no problem, you are the entertainment so we need you there....

I think we are close to 70% sold so far and a lot of interest. Looking forward to have you over!

one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post
Cool Only 4 tickets left until it is full. 46 persons registered!

Even if full we eventually will accept nonregistered from abroad if they contact us asap.

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Well done Christer. thumb

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post
Thanks John

Wish you could join us mate!

one of us
posted Hide Post
that's great--chris

one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
What is this I hear about snow ? Is it snowing right know in Sweden ? eek2

Frederik Cocquyt

one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post

one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
Hey Christer you got me there that is an old picture you sent me 2 years ago glad you din't remember.

So you were scaring me then ? roflmao

Frederik Cocquyt

one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post
No Frederik

Actually it was snowing this morning and the ground was white, but at 8,30 everything was gone. So you don't have to worry!

Mornings can be cold though but I count on wearing shorts on the fair....

one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
Ok you wear you shorts as you please I'm leaving mine in good old Africa. Smiler

Frederik Cocquyt

one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
This isn't safari fever I dunno what you would call it but 5 more days and I'm leaving for the land of the vikings.

From what I have heard it is quite different to Europe. On top of that Christer sends me an e-mail with contact no. on it in case he doesn't pick me up at the airport homer

Can't wait for the time to go by

Frederik Cocquyt

one of us
Picture of exabit
posted Hide Post
I've just been to the event, and it was fab!

Christer obviously knows how to entertain a crowd Wink

The film was very good. It featured a lot of angles I had not anticipated. Christer made the film very objective, almost from a bystanders perspective, but still very real humble. There was no "I shot this and this animal" spirit to it. Rather a very calm and informative approach.

I bought the dvd and I will treasure it.

The 2nd day (today) we went to an all out shooting event. There were loads of guns and LOADS of ammo to try. I myself managed to film quite a lot of it and the guys (50+ participants) were having a blast! Obviously, guys like myself aren't too "impressed" by a 458 being I have one myself, but I saw and heard a lot of guys only being used to the 30-06 really "scared" of the 35 Whelen, 375 H&H, and above.

I think these "30-06 people" really liked this event! Big Grin

And I think that these people got a chance to shoot something that they feared, and they took the opportunity and did it.

It was nice that new shooters/hunters got the chance to try some big bores. Smiler

/ Rikard

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Sounds great.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
thanks for the update--chris

one of us
Picture of exabit
posted Hide Post
I guess Christer will give you a better update soon with some video material etc. There were some extensive photography and filming from him and his staff.

The biggest guns of the day were:

- Remington 700 - 338 RUM. This was a very nice gun, featuring an incredibly straight stock. All of us who tried it liked it very much. The recoil was about the same as my Mark V 340 Wby (as I perceive it).

- Varberger - 35 Whelen. Christer let a lot of us try the gun he had used for his safaris last year. I almost felt sorry for him when the barrel of the gun was practically glowing from heat. Christer was really a good sport letting so many people try this nice gun.

- Winchester 70 - 375H&H. A rifle many people were afraid of at first. I think that most of this fear disappeared after the first shot. It was a really positive thing to see these hunters mostly used to the 30-06, taking on more heavy machinery, and finding themselves able to use it.

- Sauer - 416 Rem Mag. Only one shot was fired from this gun from a Swedish guy. The Danish chap representing Rhino Bullets wanted him to try it at a bunch of newspapers in order to get a nice mushroomed bullet. That he did! We heard stories afterwards that the 416 was very heavily loaded, and the guy firing it also described the recoil as being quite unbearable Big Grin

- Varberger - 458 Win Mag. This rifle had a barrel looking like an oversized straw from McDonald's. Only God knows how it held together (my barrel tech knowledge is very limited). The rifle was very light and kicked some of the guys silly. Definetely more than my Remington 700 Safari. I should also mention that the Varberger rifles overall were very, very pleasant. It's an extremely nice rifle IMO.

- Christer's Blaser 470NE. Obviously the big boomer of this event. I guess the gun has a kick-stop and it's also quite heavy, meaning a pleasant recoil. The cartridges are enormous for anyone who haven't seen them before.

We really missed Andrés infamous 500 Jeffery from last year Wink

/ Rikard

one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE] ]We really missed Andrés infamous 500 Jeffery from last year [/QUOTE

ASirry for not atending but I had a baby ghirl on the 27 th of April. Big Grin

I look forward to Christers movie clip. I know there will be one. Wink Highest broadcast quality if I know Christer right.

Cheers,

André

Always always use enough... GUN & KNIFE

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
I hope Andre, you aren't going to call your daughter "Jeffrey" now? Big Grin

Congratulations.

John H.

one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post
Hi there, sorry we havent postedyet but we are preparing for a Swedish fair and has a lot to do.

congratulations to your daughter André. Smiler

- but, you said she was born the 27.th, the shooting was the 30.th Confused

Big Grin

We had a great time and the 3.5 kilogram Varberger in 458 was lovely to shoot with, that seperated the man from the mices Smiler, I tried it another 20 shots the day after.

We have plenty of film and photos but it might take to next week before we get them up since the fair building starts tomorrow.

At last I like to thank everyone or the great response I had both after the movie and the shooting Cool

one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
Christer

A 3,5 kg .458 dont tell me that you have a 20" barrel on that baby too nut

Cheers,

André

Always always use enough... GUN & KNIFE

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Christer,
I had never heard of a Varberger and had a look at their web site! It seems most of the rifles shown on their site are left handed ones? This could beinteresting for me Smiler However, i couldn't see a clear picture of their bolt design to determine if they are CRF or PF. There is also very little in terms of specifications and calibers they make them in. Do you have any more details for me?

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of exabit
posted Hide Post
Congrats, André!

/ Rikard

one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
André,
My most sincere congratulations to you and your wife! Delightful news!

As to Christer's comments about the rifle "that seperated the man from the mices", let me tell you that cchunter is pronounced sissyhunter in Swedish. roflmao

No, the truth is I did not like that rifle at all, too light for the recoil for me. Frowner

Regards,
Martin

-----------------------

one of us
posted Hide Post
Big lad Andre! Your first?? All the best to Mum, lad and Pa.
- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
Warm congratulations from north as well, Andrè!

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marterius:
cchunter is pronounced sissyhunter in Swedish. roflmao

roflmao

I got a huge laugh out of this one!

But you wouldn't say that to his face, he is a big guy! Big Grin

John H.

one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post
Marterius is from now considered

persona non grata