THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Help! Trying to plan trip to Namibia

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help! Trying to plan trip to Namibia
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I do have a million questions to ask but i wont put you all to sleep with them all in my first message so here goes.
Outfitters, not to sound cheap but thats kinda what Im looking for (you do the currency conversion from $US to $NZ and you will see what i mean!).Links to websites, email adresses anything would be most helpful and appreciated.To be more helpful Im looking for Plainsgame hunting in 07, will have my wife with me.Thanks for taking the time to help,we all had to start some where aye!

War is inevitable, if idiots are in charge of countries

Posts: 162 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
Runas,

First, welcome to the forum!

I can recomend and personally vouch for Vaughan Fulton's outfit. Classic Safaris. I hunted with them last year and had an excellent trip and I am in the process of booking another for 2007. Here is a link to my 2005 hunt report: Back from Namibia

As Vaughan is often away hunting for long periods of time, I find it best to direct my inquires and such through his booking agent, Wendell Reich, who posts here as well. Wendell Reich

Good luck,

George

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Greensboro, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Thanks George,

RUNAS, send me an e-mail and I will send you the pricing for a 7 or 10-day hunt. There are some 5-day packages that we can add days to to make it more affordable.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
RUNAS, welcome to the forum. You will learn a lot here.

I have a hunt booked in Namibia with Dirk Rohrmann of Okanduka Seibe. Check out his website. I am going with both my parents and we will be there for 14 days (16 if you count arrival and departure) from June 23-July 8 of 2007. His prices are VERY good:

Hunter 1x1 - $195/day
Hunter 2x1 - $155/day
Observer - $95/day
Very reasonable trophy fees:
Kudu - $660, Gemsbok - $450, Klipspringer - $325, Mtn. Zebra - $650, etc...

I was recommeded to contact Dirk by two other members here, Atticus and Robert Johnson. They were a big help. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't even know about Dirk because he doesn't advertise. You can also check out this link to Robert Johnson's hunt in Namibia to read what he thinks of Dirk and his operation. Hope this helps and if you have any other questions, just PM me and I'll be glad to help in any way I can. Good Luck! thumb

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3109 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
http://www.zingelasafaris.com/

I hunted here last year. Absolutely fantastic time. Highly recommend it. The people are fantastic.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2597 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I suggest you look at www.natron.net
Thre are a large number of Namibian outfitters at this site as well as anything else related to travel in Namibia.

I hunted with Royston Wright of Okatjeru Game Farm this past August. I highly recommend him. And his prices are very reasonable.

Posts: 224 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Once agan I have to put in a good word for Jan Oelofse Safaris. They have an excellent assortment of plains game and trophy quality good as well either.Staff and food were top notch. www.janoelosfsesafaris.com just my two cents.

7mm. guy

shoot straight or shoot often.

One of Us
Picture of bisonhunter1
posted Hide Post
HI all, the Nambia site that Dirk ZRohrman has while interesing doesn't laod or something fully and I don't seem to find his prices/rates page. Is that something that I need to get direct from him?, or are my own computer skills lacking here. I especially like the idea of no ectra/increased daily rate for the chance at a leopard (what a cool animal to try and get), 14 days there at his rates would be a breeze for me. I hope to get back to Africa again during 2008.
Willi

Posts: 576 | Location: Post Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
There have been a couple of threads lately that you may want to read:

Here is one.

Here is another.

Like several others here I hunted with I hunted with Classic Safaris (my report is here, lots more pictures here).

Have fun with planning your trip!

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am sure all the outfitters recomended to you are good,but in my opnion this guy is one of the best people. I have hunted with or just spent time with,as well your wife will love him and his wife as well! Accomodations are tops,but still give you a good taste of old time Safari's,his prices are comprable.Contact Keith Wright at Didimala Safari's email;didimala@mweb.com.na..or call me at 1-800-426-1919 Dave. I am always loopking to talk hunting.. NO I am not a booking agent and I don't get commisiion,I just want you to have a good hunt.

If your parents didn't have any children chances are you won't either.

Posts: 478 | Location: Davie Florida | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you to all of you who replyed,big thumbs up!Very impressed.Will be making a desision soon of who i will use so until then no more questions.
quote:
Originally posted by RUNAS:
I do have a million questions to ask but i wont put you all to sleep with them all in my first message so here goes.
Outfitters, not to sound cheap but thats kinda what Im looking for (you do the currency conversion from $US to $NZ and you will see what i mean!).Links to websites, email adresses anything would be most helpful and appreciated.To be more helpful Im looking for Plainsgame hunting in 07, will have my wife with me.Thanks for taking the time to help,we all had to start some where aye!

War is inevitable, if idiots are in charge of countries

Posts: 162 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cable68
posted Hide Post
I had an excellent time with francois Swanepoel in Namibia. Low frills, but very low prices.

Hunt report link https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tp.../110104713#110104713

Caleb

Posts: 1010 | Location: Texan in Muskogee, OK now moved to Wichita, KS | Registered: 28 February 2005Reply With Quote