THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Help Me Convience My Wife; or, Give Me a Reality Check
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help Me Convience My Wife; or, Give Me a Reality Check
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
The money has been saved for this specific purpose, but with other investments going down hill.......

" The money has been saved for this specific purpose "
Then it is a no brainer. Are elephants going to get cheaper?

" but with other investments going down hill....... "
Investments go up and down, you don't have to look too far into the past to see that. If this money really was set aside for a hunt then what difference does the stock market's stumble make in the long run? The dow was up nearly 900 today. Maybe this would be a good time to convince your wife.

Jason

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We are talking hunting eles here man!!!

just flippin' go!! dancing

when you get back, get on your knees and beg her to let you back in the house Big Grin

We are talking Ele hunt--no time to get weak kneed!

go for it

nothin sweeter than the smell of fresh blood on your hunting boots

Posts: 746 | Location: don't know--Lost my GPS | Registered: 10 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Scott and Pam... I too have entered the retirement system... I too will be spending a ton of money for my retirement present a lion hunt... This is going to be my last African trip for some time... Or I should say till after I pay for mounting simba...
My wife is pineing to go back to the Selous and I also, I love the solitude there...
Just think the stories of grandfather going after an elephant... And grandchildren telling there friends my grandfather is an elephant hunter.. Showing the ivory to their friends...
I have taken my ivory to school and all of my students have seen and caressed the ivory..
Even took it my granddaughters kindergarten class was she proud to show off her grandfather, the African Hunter & elephant hunter..

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Thank you everyone.

Mike,
I will be giving Pam a copy of your response, thanks.

P.S. I have booked. dancing

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scott,

I just say this post and had to get in on it even though you have booked. I am trying to get my wife to say now wether or not she will go with me in 2009, I really need her to give me an answer now, how she decides will in all probablity determine where I go and what I hunt.

Know that you have booked, I bet Pam will be right along with you on the hunt.

Remember this, No one has ever said, while sitting in the old folks home after they are too feeble to chase critters, "GOSH I WISH I HAD NOT TAKEN THAT HUNTING TRIP"

GOOD HUNTING HARTLEY

Posts: 555 | Location: the Mississippi Delta | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote