Notify
Tools

STOP!!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Gayne C. Young
posted
STOP!
Let's honor AR & DSC friend Greg Rodriguez today by stopping whatever you're doing right now in order to tell a loved one how much he or she means to you.

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Nice thought. You did make me stop and text my kids, both of whom are out of town, to tell them how much they mean to me and how important they are to me.

Thanks for the prompt, Gayne!

Posts: 3901 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tu2

Nice thought and to the families caught up in this my prayers are with them. Greg was a good guy

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
Sadly we take so many things for granted and they can be gone in the blink of an eye. Hold your loved ones a little tighter today.

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 04 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good one Gayne... though never met Greg may his soul RIP and God comfort his wife and children.

I gotta call my Pops, too... Thx Gayne!

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad to read people are doing such

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Done. I'm single-parenting my two girls for two weeks while my wife helps her sister (who is in the hospital following a strike at 38 years old). Just gave both of my kids a hug and told them that I loved them. Got to call the wife and tell her again too.

Good prompt Gayne.

SCI Life Member
DRSS

"In those savage countries success frequently depends upon one particular moment; you may lose or win according to your action at that critical instant."

Sir Samuel Baker

Posts: 297 | Location: New Scotland, Canada | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buried a good friend today that I have not talked to in a few months.
COULDA-SHOULDA-WOULDA if I had just known.
Thanks Gayne.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tu2 Good onya Gayne!!

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Great advice that should be heeded daily. Funny how we are all too busy to do so.

Thank You Sir.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What happened to Greg Rodriguez? Did he pass away? If so, how did this happen? I always enjoyed his magazine articles and commentary on this site.

Thanks,

jfm

One of Us
posted Hide Post
homer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jfm:
What happened to Greg Rodriguez? Did he pass away? If so, how did this happen? I always enjoyed his magazine articles and commentary on this site.

Thanks,

jfm

http://www.globalpost.com/disp...t-greg-rodriguez-sho

I have never heard of him. Regardless of what as I read the above article it´s a sad case.

RIP. Greg.

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Expressing our love for those closest to us is something we should do everyday because none of us are guaranteed of the next minute of life.

This is a very tragic event, especially for the family and friends of the two people that died.

A person, any person, can never tell the ones they love or care for too many times.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
YA , for a few minutes you can change your name to " goodsensehorseconsulting " !
It is not difficult hum , if you make a good effort ?

Posts: 208 | Location: PortugaL | Registered: 10 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of H T
posted Hide Post
Gayne, you model why this forum and the DSC adds value to our lives. Reminds me of a poem by Robert Frost:

When a friend calls to me from the road And slows his horse to a meaning walk,
I don't stand still and look around On all the hills I haven't hoed,
And shout from where I am, 'What is it?'

No, not as there is a time to talk.
I thrust my hoe in the mellow ground,
Blade-end up and five feet tall,
And plod: I go up to the stone wall
For a friendly visit.

Posts: 741 | Location: Kerrville, TX | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good poem
Thanks to all that took the time to read

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
good one gayne

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of leopards valley safaris
posted Hide Post
Thank you
Life is short , lets respect it an others
RIP Greg
Dave

Dave Davenport
Outfitters license HC22/2012EC
Pro Hunters license PH74/2012EC
www.leopardsvalley.co.za
dave@leopardsvalley.co.za
+27 42 24 61388
HUNT AFRICA WHILE YOU STILL CAN
Follow us on FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/#!/leopardsvalley.safaris

Posts: 980 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 06 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
I'm sitting in Dulles on the way back home to work out the arrangements for my sister who died suddenly last night at age 50. To say this puts a few things in perspective is an understatement.

There is no other time than right now; the past is gone and the future is as yet unwritten. Dwelling on things past or yet to come only serve to distract us from what we could be doing at this very moment.

Take care

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
I'm sitting in Dulles on the way back home to work out the arrangements for my sister who died suddenly last night at age 50. To say this puts a few things in perspective is an understatement.

There is no other time than right now; the past is gone and the future is as yet
unwritten. Dwelling on things past or yet to come only serve to distract us from what we could be doing at this very moment.

Take care

Sorry for your lose. For certain what you say is right, too bad it takes a tragedy before we realize these things. May the Lord comfort your family.

Posts: 718 | Location: va | Registered: 30 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Milo Shanghai
posted Hide Post
Good one, Gayne.

Posts: 680 | Location: London | Registered: 03 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Gayne... tu2

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote