Find
Notify
Tools

Top Ten stupid posts
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted
With the recent influx of idiotic posts, I would like to start a thread nominating the top ten stupid posts. I think 1st place should be awarded with a shoe to the nuts by Saeed. I would like to start this ceremony with a prayer: "Dear Lord, please bring an end to this terrible recession and a start to the new years hunting season so that these idiotic posts will end. Thank You."
rules: African Big Game Hunting Forum only
No whining (if one of your post gets nominated, suck it up, we don't want to hear it)
This post IS elligeble (sp?)
No spelling or grammar (sp?) comments or corrections allowed
This is MY post, I am asking for nominations and position suggestions, I will make the final decision (unless Saeed makes me change)
No time limit on posts, they can be as old or new as can be remembered, so for the old timers, let's see some oldie but goldies
The positioning is downward from 10 to 1 (10 is idiotic, 1 is most idiotic)
Use of Emoticons will not influence the judges decision (however, they may help make the topic containing them idiotic)
All rules are subject to change BY ME (or if Saeed makes me)

1) What happens if you shoot your tracker? (fairgame)
2) What's the damage when you drop your rifle accidentally? (lal)
3) How old is too old to hunt Africa (Yale)
4) OOA, Current Issues (nkonka)
5) Judgement Day: Mark Sullivan (Jeff Wemmer)
6) Be honest, what kind of hunter are you? (Shakari)
7) How fat is too fat to hunt in Africa (Chobe Bushbuck)
8) How gay is too gay to hunt in Africa (Will)
9) How ugly is too ugly to hunt in Africa (Jerry Huffaker)
10) Chobe Bushbuck (Silwane)

one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
I'll add one to the list,

11) Top Ten Stupid posts (505 Gibbs)

Big Grin

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2012 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You need to go back farther and look up carmello, adrook, and chipolo. Then you could make it the top 50 threads of all time! jumping

But you are doing ok, so carry on. Big Grin

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
popcorn

Posts: 221 | Location: florida big bend | Registered: 14 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Cats & Dogs? should definitely be in there! coffee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37771 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 375 fanatic
posted Hide Post
12) who slept with the cleaner while on safari

"Buy land they have stopped making it"- Mark Twain

Posts: 914 | Location: Burgersfort the big Kudu mekka of South Africa | Registered: 27 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
12) who slept with the cleaner while on safari

1st rule change, all submissions must include post title and poster

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'll add one to the list,

11) Top Ten Stupid posts (505 Gibbs)

I love it Jerry, your nomination for "top 10" stupid posts is #11 rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
With the recent influx of idiotic posts, I would like to start a thread nominating the top ten stupid posts. I think 1st place should be awarded with a shoe to the nuts by Saeed. I would like to start this ceremony with a prayer: "Dear Lord, please bring an end to this terrible recession and a start to the new years hunting season so that these idiotic posts will end. Thank You."
rules: African Big Game Hunting Forum only
No whining (if one of your post gets nominated, suck it up, we don't want to hear it)
This post IS elligeble (sp?)
No spelling or grammar (sp?) comments or corrections allowed
This is MY post, I am asking for nominations and position suggestions, I will make the final decision (unless Saeed makes me change)
No time limit on posts, they can be as old or new as can be remembered, so for the old timers, let's see some oldie but goldies
The positioning is downward from 10 to 1 (10 is idiotic, 1 is most idiotic)
Use of Emoticons will not influence the judges decision (however, they may help make the topic containing them idiotic)
All rules are subject to change BY ME (or if Saeed makes me)

1) What happens if you shoot your tracker? (fairgame)
2) What's the damage when you drop your rifle accidentally? (lal)
3) How old is too old to hunt Africa (Yale)
4) OOA, Current Issues (nkonka)
5) Judgement Day: Mark Sullivan (Jeff Wemmer)
7) How fat is too fat to hunt in Africa (Chobe Bushbuck)
8) How gay is too gay to hunt in Africa (Will)
9) How ugly is too ugly to hunt in Africa (Jerry Huffaker)
10) Chobe Bushbuck (Silwane)

What prompted this highly subjective and opinionated diatribe? I hope that whatever it is that caused you to lose your sense of humor ain't too serious.

To set the record straight, my thread had 135 replies and 5901 views (one of the highest in recent times)...So, by default you are calling all of us in effect, a bunch of idiots.

Nice manners there bud!

JW

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
What prompted this highly subjective and opinionated diatribe? I hope that whatever it is that caused you to lose your sense of humor ain't too serious.

To set the record straight, my thread had 135 replies and 5901 views (one of the highest in recent times)...So, by default you are calling all of us in effect, a bunch of idiots.

Nice manners there bud!

JW

Please see the 2nd rule. Many of the posts that I listed have tons of replies and tons of views (some even by me), which I personally think amplifies the rediculousness (sp?)(please see rule #4 before correcting) of some of these posts. I wonder how some of our posters bosses would react if they saw their employees working so diligently to solve these mountainous issues? Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
wonder how some of our posters bosses would react if they saw their employees working so diligently to solve these mountainous issues?

Hee-hee, I knew you were poking fun at ALL of us, but hey, that's what this forum is all about...BTW, I am the Boss and yes, I do often ask myself why I'm wasting time on all of this...It is entertaining though! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
well i dunno but #9 was pretty (wrong term) relevant especially considering the context Big Grin hilbily

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I will say that it seems like the last thirty days or so have seen an inordinate number of inane posts/threads started. I just figured that we were in that dead zone between the safari shows and the season cranking up full speed. We can only hope that the quality of the threads will improve. If the best we have to offer is how fat, how gay, how ugly, how tall, how short, how bald, how handicapped, how athletic, how old, how young, how horny, how sterile, how weak, how strong, etc. . . . can you be to hunt Africa, heaven help us.

Mike

Posts: 21678 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of trophyhunter5000
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wonder how some of our posters bosses would react if they saw their employees working so diligently to solve these mountainous issues?

I need a special billing code for all of the non chargable time I've racked up surfing AR...

Posts: 781 | Location: The Mountain State | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
I will say that it seems like the last thirty days or so have seen an inordinate number of inane posts/threads started. I just figured that we were in that dead zone between the safari shows and the season cranking up full speed. We can only hope that the quality of the threads will improve. If the best we have to offer is how fat, how gay, how ugly, how tall, how short, how bald, how handicapped, how athletic, how old, how young, how horny, how sterile, how weak, how strong, etc. . . . can you be to hunt Africa, heaven help us.

Hence my prayer...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I really am hurt! I didn't even get a single "honorable mention".

Am I slipping?

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Rich,

Aparently you're crazy/excentric not idiotic. Sorry. Big Grin

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Wemmer:
BTW, I am the Boss and yes, I do often ask myself why I'm wasting time on all of this...It is entertaining though! tu2

+1

I hear ya!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
[quote]I really am hurt! I didn't even get a single "honorable mention".[/quote]

+1, I did not even rank as stupid.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:

Am I slipping?

Rich

quote:
quote:

+1, I did not even rank as stupid.

www.shoestringsafaris.com

self nomination is allowed

one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Thank God things are beginning to thaw out in the north and safari season is starting up. You can tell from some of these posts that some people have too much time on their hands. rotflmo

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
MJines: +1 tu2

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Which Gunwriter/Hunting Writer's Butt is Most Worthy of Kissing?

By.....you guessed it.....adrook Roll Eyes

http://forums.accuratereloadin...043/m/1521023801/p/1

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
I think we have a new one...
"505 Gibbs" by fairgame

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Might want to add this one '505 Gibbs'

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9950 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey!! I made #10 with Chobe Bushbuck!!!........ Big Grin

It is great I get to be on the list and all but......I was under the assumption that there was not too many people here that were missing him....I was thinking of that post as a public service of sorts, he did disapear after that thread........ Confused

Ok....my appologies to all that miss his witty banter and compelling subject lines, Rich please forgive me..........rotflmo

6x NFR Qualifier
NFR Champion
Reserve World Champion Bareback Rider
PRCA Million Dollar Club
02' Salt Lake Olympic Qualifier
and an all around good guy!

Posts: 354 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
The problem as I see it is the thread needs to be more like the Top Hundred posts.

I am sure many will not agree but I think all of the "Help Me Decide" post should rank at the top of the list.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wooly ESS
posted Hide Post
How can there be people who are so familiar with all AR posts that they can actually think of 10 stupid one, along with their title and initiator? I know there is such a thing as the search function, but really!

Oh! Oh! Oh! How about the ones that ask the same question as was asked last week and the week before. (search function reference)

The truth will set you free,
but first it's gonna piss you off!
www.ceandersonart.com

Posts: 574 | Location: The great plains of southern Alberta | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
My feelings are hurt, I think my post was a lot more stupid than 9th place, I should at least be in the top three. I know for a fact that I'm stupider than Will, Shakari, and Chobe Bushbuck. dancing CRYBABY

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2012 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yuck

6x NFR Qualifier
NFR Champion
PRCA Million Dollar Club

Posts: 354 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
6x NFR Qualifier
NFR Champion
PRCA Million Dollar Club

Don't forget spokesperson for Advil, Tylenol Extra, Ben Gay, Icy Hot and the American Chiropractic Assn.!!! lol

I've messed with them critters enough to know your pain!!!

Cowboy-up!!! tu2

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Can't you just feel the Love around this place, Kumbiaya! beer beer beer

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Even during my relatively short tenure on this site, I've seen far too many qualifying posts to narrow them down to a mere ten. However, the vast majority of the winners originated with a small handful of individual posters. Perhaps you could follow the lead of the Oscars, and allow the awarding of Lifetime Achievement Awards to those individuals who have done so much in this area.

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CharlesL
posted Hide Post
And it's a tie between:
Who Deserves the Credit? PH or Client (Chobe Bushbuck)
and
What happens if you shoot your tracker? (fairgame)

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 633 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 26 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jerry,

you lack a certain je na sais quoi; and style is very important here. It's how I've gotten by for years.

Rich

just ask Brett

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505 gibbs:

That was a solid, thought provoking thread. How could you place it on your "bottom 10" list? Confused

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
505 gibbs,

I propose it impossible/borderline haresy to have a comprehensive top 10 worst list without adrook being included!!!!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
505 Gibbs. I wrote you a story - the most dangerous game - and I hope you enjoy it.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Dear 505 gibbs, I am of the opinion that you really need to down size to .243Win. It is patently obvious that you are exceedingly recoil sensitive. Cool

SUSTAINABLY HUNTING THE BLUE PLANET!
"Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful, murder respectable and to give an appearence of solidity to pure wind." Dr J A du Plessis

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CharlesL:
And it's a tie between:
Who Deserves the Credit? PH or Client (Chobe Bushbuck)
and
What happens if you shoot your tracker? (fairgame)

CharlesL,

Think my new thread .505 Gibbs might beat Chobe Bushbuck. But 'how to mount a baboon' must take the biscuit.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal