THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: Hartmann & Weiss Mauser Actions
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Hartmann & Weiss Mauser Actions
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of RSEK
posted Hide Post
�10,000=$12,018.01

Posts: 308 | Location: In transit | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hope I don't offend anyone, but shee-ut. I believe in buying what I want and paying whatever I want for it and not taking any flack from anybody about it. But, and this would probably sound a little better if I were a guy, but for $12,000 I would expect alot more action than that action would ever be able to give.

Posts: 659 | Location: Texas | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
Well

Lone star.
You do know that Elvis is dead but Blaser built this ugly thing.
Maybe it could sell in texas

Flashy

Cheers Andr�

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Price list from Hartmenn & Weiss

Bolt action mauser:
a. Standard action 11350 Euro
b. Kurz action 15350 Euro
c. MNagnum action 15750 Euro

Bolt action mauser take down:

a. Standard action 16450 Euro
b. Kurz action 20250 Euro
c. MNagnum action 20500 Euro
d. Extra barrel 5450 Euro

Hagn falling block:

a. Standard cal. 12650 Euro
b. Big bore cal. 14450 Euro

Hagn falling block Take down:

a. Standard cal. 16850 Euro
b. Big bore cal. 18500 Euro
c. Extra barel 5450 Euro

Heeren falling block Price on request

H&W magnum action, in the white 4250 Euro
H&W kurz action, in the white 4150 Euro
Hagn falling block action 3850 Euro
Winchester sefety 390 Euro
Upper and Lower tang 1650 Euro
Peep sight 1050 Euro
Full octagonal barrel 1190 Euro
Fine English scroll engraving from 4350 Euro
colour case hardening 980 Euro
Scope mounting 1350 Euro
Suhler mounting 1250 Euro

Thats all folks

Cheers,

Andr�

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Okay, you're really rating pretty high in my book right about now. You have gone above and beyond the call of duty and I really appreciate it. Of course, nicknaming me Lone Star didn't hurt any - I am proud to be a Texan. The gotogirl tag came from a few district judges and attorneys I worked with that seemed to think I could work miracles - who am I to correct them?

Really, thanks for all the research. It is very helpful in my quest to find the "perfect" action for a friend/client's custom .416

Great picture of you with the ??? springbuck or gazelle ??? I'm still working from a book and not real life so you have to cut me some slack on my species identification.

I'm sure I'll pay more attention to your posts than I have in the past. When someone not only directly responds to your thread, but makes an effort to help you, you tend to remember them. You will have to identify the animal in the picture for me - all in the furtherance of education you see.

Thanks,

Shannon

one of us
posted Hide Post
It is a Antidorcas marsupialis AKA Springbok.

Next species in your african game 101 class

Taurotragus oryx AKA Eland

Glad you could use the info.

Cheers,

Andr�

one of us
posted Hide Post
Purdey have modefied the Woodward action. (I can give you some more deatails of it if you want to) And use this on their O/U guns to day. Anyway. Purdey did not only bought the O/U lock but also the name: Woodward, and they build a few Woodwared guns pr. year. In january this year they had a new S/S woodward gun with T-shaped safety, Woodward engraving, the spesial woodward detonators. A true woodward! build in Purdey's factory.

Thanks for the link.

Posts: 91 | Location: Norway | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Schultz and Larsen,

It was I who wanted the Woodward details - please e-mail them to me. Thanks. I just checked the Purdey website and did not find anything - I'll go over and look again.

Good hunting!

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
GoToGirl3,

I have been working with D'Arcy Echols to secure a Hartmann & Weiss action to make a .505 Gibbs. He is able to purchase them directly from H&W.

Let me know if you need D'Arcys phone number.

Bryan

Posts: 219 | Location: Reading, PA | Registered: 15 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
Sweet! It would seem that Bryan W has some DEEP pockets!

Bryan, strictly for my curiosity (I'm only a lowly university professor and not rich!), what does a 505 Gibbs rifle on a H&W action made by D'Arcy Echols cost? I know I want one!

Hmmmm.... on second thought, maybe I could justify it as an investment?!

jpb

Quote:

GoToGirl3,

I have been working with D'Arcy Echols to secure a Hartmann & Weiss action to make a .505 Gibbs. He is able to purchase them directly from H&W.

Let me know if you need D'Arcys phone number.

Bryan

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bryan, thanks for the info and the PM. I'll pass it on and see what happens. I think he has already spoken w/Echols re: building a rifle, so that may have had some influence on his interest in the H&W action.

Shannon
gotogirl3