Notify
Tools

Oh Dear
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted
On our national news at the moment:

There is disgust from animal welfare groups as a New Zealand millionaire becomes the latest to pose beside slaughtered African animals.

A US TV presenter was internationally criticised after posting a photo of herself with a shot and bloodied lion.

Now photos have also surfaced of property developer Mark Gunton standing over the corpse of an elephant and a crocodile.

Executive director of animal rights group SAFE Hans Kriek says African hunting trips have been available to rich tourists for several years now.

"It's a power thing. It's the same sort of people that like to dominate in their business, they like to dominate the animals and show they can shoot and kill an elephant.

"There's nothing in it. Anyone can shoot an elephant when you've got a gun and the elephant hasn't got a chance."
Mr Gunton is chairman of the New Zealand Retail Property Group.

Posts: 3865 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
so African safaris have only been available for a few years? i could have sworn it has been going on for over 100 years… someone with a brain needs to enlightened Hans. rotflmo

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13179 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
They were previously only available to lower and middle class tourists. It's only in the last "several years" that the rich tourists were allowed to hunt in Africa.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12552 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
so African safaris have only been available for a few years? i could have sworn it has been going on for over 100 years… someone with a brain needs to enlightened Hans. rotflmo

You are assuming good old Hans has any brains! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67046 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"corpse(?) of an elephant and a crocodile?" That's the secomnd time I've seen that word used this week (instead of carcass).

No such thing.

Posts: 861 | Registered: 17 September 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SteveGl:
"corpse(?) of an elephant and a crocodile?" That's the secomnd time I've seen that word used this week (instead of carcass).

No such thing.

Not so sure that you are entirely correct? Big Grin Ask anyone who has shot a baboon if he posed with the 'carcass', or with the 'body' or with the 'corpse'? Confused hilbily stir

Andrew McLaren
Professional Hunter and Hunting Outfitter since 1974.

http://www.mclarensafaris.com The home page to go to for custom planning of ethical and affordable hunting of plains game in South Africa!
Enquire about any South African hunting directly from andrew@mclarensafaris.com

After a few years of participation on forums, I have learned that:

One can cure:

Lack of knowledge – by instruction. Lack of skills – by practice. Lack of experience – by time doing it.

One cannot cure:

Stupidity – nothing helps! Anti hunting sentiments – nothing helps! Put-‘n-Take Outfitters – money rules!

My very long ago ancestors needed and loved to eat meat. Today I still hunt!

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Sounds just as silly as those who "harvest" animals! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67046 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
These are the same informed folks who don't know the difference between an autopsy and a necropsy.

Beware of anyone who attributes human behavioral traits to animals. Their relationship with reality is questionable. homer space holycow

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mmassey338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Beware of anyone who attributes human behavioral traits to animals

And also of anyone who anthropomorphizes. Wink

Posts: 400 | Location: Here | Registered: 13 December 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
They were previously only available to lower and middle class tourists. It's only in the last "several years" that the rich tourists were allowed to hunt in Africa.

Wow, after five safaris and spending a ton of money, I've finally found out, I'm rich! dancing

Bull1

Posts: 405 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 25 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bull1:
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:

Wow, after five safaris and spending a ton of money, I've finally found out, I'm rich! dancing

Bull1

Were, surely? If you have not blown it all, you owe yourself another safari? Roll Eyes

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Was the Neanderthal power hungry as well, when he chased the mammoth?

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew McLaren:
quote:
Originally posted by SteveGl:

No such thing.

Not so sure that you are entirely correct? Big Grin Ask anyone who has shot a baboon if he posed with the 'carcass', or with the 'body' or with the 'corpse'? Confused hilbily stir

Carcass; the word corpse refers solely to humans, same as the word murder (and rape).

Posts: 861 | Registered: 17 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is awesome! I have been trying to convince my wife that I am rich and powerful!
Though the loin cloth was a bust...

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
The one thing the greenies are good at, besides making me laugh, is to create hunam-like animals with feelings, family ties and human-like behaviour.

There are only 3 people in the world that think I am rich.......my 3 children. jumping

Life is how you spend the time between hunting trips.

Through Responsible Sustainable hunting we serve Conservation.
Outfitter permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/73984
PH permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/81197
Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote