New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boycott Gander Mountain ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This gets even better - gander mountain is now controlled by a anti big game/trophy hunting person.

Marcus Lenonis

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Lemonis

https://www.google.com/amp/s/w...ow-controls.amp.html

http://www.rvbusiness.com/2012...p-over-safari-shoot/

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will now.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hunting For Adventure
posted Hide Post
I already detested Gander, now even more so.

Tom Addleman
tom@dirtnapgear.com

Posts: 1161 | Location: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I remember when the news first broke about he Camping World CEO in 2012. I cancelled my CW and Good Sam membership and never spent another dime with them. Glad to know this jackass now owns GM. No more money spent with those clowns either. pissers

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13399 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
IIRC, Gander Mountain has filed bankruptcy and has going out of business signs in the stores.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A bunch of them are going to stay open with a slightly altered name.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
I will now.

+1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37811 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No great loss...Gander has been terrible for at least decade now. Cabelas and Bass Pro aren't far behind.

I like to buy from places like EuroOptic and order clothes, boots and gear online and anything for Safaris or specialty hunts I can find a DSC.

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Their clientele deserves to know they have leadership that is absolutely the antithesis of their base!!!
A CEO that is against everything their buyers buy??? WTF?????

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bet they get out of guns and ammo all together. No need to boycott them as they will have nothing I need.

Posts: 12093 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Marcus Lenonis

He is a Liberal!!!

Posts: 2694 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Poyntman:
Their clientele deserves to know they have leadership that is absolutely the antithesis of their base!!!
A CEO that is against everything their buyers buy??? WTF?????

+1

Nailed it

We live in a free market world with a lot of competing views on hunting. I am not big into boycotts and protest and generally view business as profit maximizing entities and consumers as utility maximing agents.

But to have someone detest the activity I engage in and at the same time expect to sell me goods and make a profit of me is beyond comprehension.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted Hide Post
I expressed my displeasure, notification of boycott, and included the links above by sending an email to the only three email addresses I could find on their shitty spartan website:

newlogo@ganderoutdoors.com,
productlove@ganderoutdoors.com,
productideas@ganderoutdoors.com

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Biddleman
posted Hide Post
Last time I spent any money in Gander Mt. it was for beef jerky and that was probably 8 years ago. Overpriced and out of touch.

Posts: 134 | Location: Wrightsville, PA | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Talking to one of my distressed investing buddies I found out that Gander mountain liquidation is not controlled or impacted in any financial way by Anti Hunting Camping World.

I would buy at Gander till it is liquidated. Next month or so.

After it is liquidated and rebranded I will never shop at anything controlled by camping world.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
I will now.

+1

Make that +2

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1113 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
Talking to one of my distressed investing buddies I found out that Gander mountain liquidation is not controlled or impacted in any financial way by Anti Hunting Camping World.

After it is liquidated and rebranded I will never shop at anything controlled by camping world.

Mike

That's funny because Barron's today mentioned that Lemonis bought a number of stores as part of the BK.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:

Mike

That's funny because Barron's today mentioned that Lemonis bought a number of stores as part of the BK.

It's is structured as a 363 sale.

Camping world is going takeover a shrunken portfolio of stores and the brand name.

But all inventory at their Florida stores (not sure company wide) was bought by tiger group and is being liquidated by them.

http://www.abfjournal.com/dail...ountain-liquidation/

Mike