New
Find
Notify
Tools

with the Americans
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My heart and my prayers go out to all who have been touched by such an act of terrorism, and to all Americans.
Americans, you are not alone.
From Spain,
Montero

Posts: 874 | Location: Madrid-Spain | Registered: 03 July 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
THANK YOU.
I just hope that all of the free world will now come together behind us and help root out the people responsible for this tragedy.

Posts: 1148 | Location: The Hunting Fields | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Montero,
God bless you for your concern, As one hunter to another...We Band of Brothers.

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This seems like the right place to put this.
My brother in-law sent this to me earlier, but it took me awhile to translate it.

Erkl�rung des Bundesvorstandes des Deutschen Gewerk-schaftsbundes und der Bundesvereinigung der Deutschen Arbeitgeberverb�nde zu den Terrorangriffen in den USA
BDA, 12.09.01 Entsetzen und Abscheu erf�llen die Menschen in Deutschland angesichts der f�rchterlichen Terroranschl�ge in den Ver-einigten Staaten. Wir trauern um die Opfer. In Gedanken sind wir bei den Menschen in Amerika. Unser Mitgef�hl geh�rt dem ganzen ameri-kanischen Volk und besonders allen, die durch diese Katastrophe Ange-h�rige und Freunde verloren haben.

Wir verurteilen diesen unfassbaren Terror, f�r den es keine Rechtfer- tigung gibt. Wer immer diese Verbrechen begangen und zu verantwor- ten hat, muss zur Rechenschaft gezogen und bestraft werden.

Der Deutsche Gewerkschaftsbund und die Bundesvereinigung der Deutschen Arbeitgeberverb�nde rufen die Menschen in Deutschland auf, morgen, am Donnerstag, den 13. September, um 10.00 Uhr, f�nf Minuten in der Arbeit innezuhalten und ein Zeichen zu setzen:
ein Zeichen der Verurteilung des Terrors,
der Anteilnahme und des Mitgef�hls und der Freundschaft mit
dem amerikanischen Volk,
ein Zeichen f�r Frieden und Freiheit.

Translation:
Declaration of the Federal Boards of the German Workers Unions and the Federal Organization of the German Employers Association concerning the terrorist attack in the USA.

BDA, Sept. 12, 2001, The people of Germany are full of horror and disgust in the face of the horrific terrorist attack in the United States. We grieve for the victims. In thought we are with the people in America. Our sympathy belongs to the whole American people and especially with those who have lost relatives and friends through this catastrophy.

We condemn this incomprehensible act of terror for which there is no justification. Whoever is responsible for committing these acts must be called to account and be punished.

On Thursday, September 13th, at 10:00 AM local (6 hours ahead of the East Coast), The BDA call for the people of Germany to stop their work for 5 minutes to symbolize:
a sign of condemming this act of terrorism,
expressing condolences and sympathy and friendship with the American people,
a sign for peace and freedom.

Sorry that this is so long, but I thought that some of you would want to know how another country felt.
DaveC

Posts: 694 | Location: Des Moines, Iowa, USA | Registered: 09 January 2001Reply With Quote
<jpamp>
posted
This tuesday I went out in order to shoot some doves and had a really nice afternoon. As I came home I turned on the evening news and I couldn't believe what I was watching. Suddenly all my little problems and plans where all patetic in of no conseqense.
My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone who lost someone close to them aswell as to America as a nation. Lets hope that we can all put our little differencies aside and togheter take action to once and for god try to put an end to all form of terrorism.
May god bless you all!

Henrik

<Balou the Bear>
posted
I take this opportunity to express my deeply felt shock and horror at what happened in New York an Washington. My sincere sympathy to all those hit directly or indirctly by this atrocity.
I do hope the U.S. and it's allies manage to find the true culprits and bring them to justice!
Bj�rn (bear)

one of us
posted Hide Post
Balou,

Whether or not justice is served will remain to be seen somewhere down the road. That being said, you can damn sure bet there will be a reckoning for those who are involved. Fully 90% of the U.S. population supports some sort of military action based on the latest poll I've seen. I do as well and would have no reservations being called upon to do so. However, one potential down side to this is a sort of sadistic quid-pro-quo that may eventually lead to a downward spiral of attacks from both sides if things are badly botched, not comprehensive, etc. On the other hand, strong, decisive and complete destruction of the terrorsists would solve the problem and I think that is the target we will be aiming for in the near future.

[This message has been edited by Kernel (edited 09-13-2001).]

Posts: 211 | Location: West of the Big Muddy | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote