Find
Notify
Tools

Climate in TZ and RSA
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gentlemen,

My son and I are going to TZ mid August for the short buffalo hunt then to the Northern Provience to hunt more plains game. Could someone please describe the temp variations in these two areas as I'm trying to decide what we should pack.

This will be our first experience in Africa.

Thanks, Keith

Posts: 87 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
August in the Northern province will be cold in the evening, and cool to warm in the day. Take a warm coat with you on the truck in the days, as it will cold in the mornings and evenings.

Posts: 151 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Keith,

Where will you be in Tanzania? The temp is quite different in the Selous (or western areas) v. Masailand.

Warm and humid in the Selous (I had no need for a jacket) v. cool nights and warm days in Masailand (light jacket at night in in the morning).

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, Keith

Posts: 87 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We will be hunting in the Selous beginning Aug 18. From what I have read its fairly warm in the Selous and fairly cold in the Northern Provience. Please understand I am a rancher in Texas and used to the outdoors and don't like the cold. 40 to 50 degrees F is cold to me. At 20 to 30 degrees, I'm in the pickup. I'm used to hot weather. Keith