New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do NOT Share Your Water
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Before going over to hunt it is not a bad idea to have your local quack get you a prescription for Cipro and Flagyl. If you get the screaming shits, take both. The Cipro will nail most bacterial causes and the Flagyl will knock down most of the parasitic causes.

The Oral Rehydration formula above has saved a lot of babies lives over the years.

One other trick that I do for my patients who are traveling overseas is to send them with some injectable Phenergan. A lot of these bugs make it hard to get fluids down from the nausea. A shot of Phenergan in the thigh will let you get after rehydration. Then you can take oral Phenergan every eight hours until you feel better.

None of these medicnes cost much money at all.

I have a basic list of medicne recommendations for travel. If anyone wants a copy of it to show to their local doc, send me an e-mail address and I'll shoot you a copy. It has instructions on when to take what and why, along with some basic info on the more common problems. Just title your e-mail "no shit".

Dr. Demento.
johnnoak@cableone.net

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote