THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Suggested Shooting Practice for Bull Elephant
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suggested Shooting Practice for Bull Elephant
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
This may seem strange but I find it harder to shoot at a very close target. Especially a big one. I think it is that mentally I am not picking that little 2 inch spot to focus on.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBT:
Shumba,
You know this rifle is as accurate as they come. I can't believe you sold it!!!!!

I know, I know. I have the same problem that many AR members here have. Way too many rifles and not enough time to take them hunting with me. After I hunt a few times with a rifle, I have to move on to another. I know that 416 did a great job for you on your last safari in Zambia. I think I used it in Zim to take an old dagga boy, a BIG eland and a couple of impala. It is definitely a proven piece of equipment and will serve you well on your ele hunt.

I'm very jealous of your upcoming hunt. Good luck and have a great time! Don't forget to post LOTS and LOTS of photos/stories when you get back!!!

Tim

Look familiar????

jumping

Posts: 1430 | Location: California | Registered: 21 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
I like Shootaway's idea. I dry fire every single day. Have done so now for nearly 30 years. BTW, I never use snap caps. But then again, I shoot bolt guns. Never had a firing pin break.
I had two break on a Rem 700 while dry firing empty and a cast cocking piece break also.I read a couple of your articles on your web site-the one on scope adjustment for long distance and on adjusting the Rem trigger.Good stuff!

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote