Find
Notify
Tools

The 375 or 9.3x62
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Alf,
My .375 H&H is an exact copy of your 404 jefferys..albiet it is not marked Jefferys, but has all the proof marks the same..????????????? who knows, but you could not tell them apart..Anyway its my hunting rifle, and I love it..

Posts: 41892 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Alf, You got some mighty fine rifles there. How 'bout you send a few my way to open up your safe for some more. I promise Ill take real good care of them.

Sevens

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Danny,

Sorry to bother you, but I've got a Husqvarna 30-06 model 4100 (1600 in Sweden) that was made in 1954. I've tried the patch down the bore trick, but I might be getting some slippage. I suspect, though, that I might have a 1:12" twist vice the more normal current 1:10" 30-06 twist. Can you confirm this slower twist rate? I haven't had a lot of luck shrinking the groups, but I've been using 180 grain bullets.

Thanks,

Steve

Posts: 1725 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Alf, I just wanted to say a real big Thanx pard for all your help in my search for a Mauser. You are welcome in my camp any time any where. The coffee will always be hot and the soda pops always cold. Many many thanx.

Posts: 1010 | Registered: 03 February 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Pete E
Check out Pettson's Place for a good read on Husqvarna's rifles! I�ve owned a few (9,3x57, 9,3x62, 6,5x55 and .30-06) of the m/98�s they did, both on the military and the civilian actions � they�re good!

Alf
To the best of my knowledge Husqvarna used Belgian actions for all their m/98�s -military actions for their first m/98�s and then the civilian actions without thumbcuts etc.

skl1
If I remember correctly Husqvarna made their .30 barrels in 1:12. Unfortunetly I don't have my books here (I've just moved) but if someone else don't answer this I'll look it up.

Cheers
K9

Posts: 43 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 14 January 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
K9,

Thanks for the info, I will take a look at that site when i get a chance.

Could you posy any picturs showing the difference between the military and civvie actions?

Regards,

Pete

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
K9,

Thanks for the note on the twist rate. If nobody answers, I'd really appreciate it if you'd look it up when you're able.

Thanks,

Steve

Posts: 1725 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Skl1
I have read and heard many time that all husky 3006 have 1/12 and 9,3 have 1/14! twist. �but i can't confirm unlees i see and mesure the rifling by myself. i asked this question about 9,3 before and answer was 1/14 because i was interested to buy a good used one for african hunting.chek the rifling before you buy it.
regards danny

Posts: 1127 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BTT

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pettson
posted Hide Post
Husqvarna used Fn actions. Never saw one with an Oberrndorf action. If someone owns a HVA so equipped please send me an e-mail...

The 1/14" twist seems to work well with bullets up to 300 grains. Haven't tried anything heavier, although I am a bit curious about the 320 grain offering from Woodleigh.

Alf, you got to stop posting those pictures. Makes a poor man burdened by gun laws want to cry...

Pettson

Posts: 62 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 10 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cummins cowboy
posted Hide Post
huskie made their own actions, this comes from their experience with military actions, at first they used germany for all rifles, there are obie swedes, carl gustafs swedes and huskie swedish mausers. the huskie actions are just commercially made mausers made in sweden. I am not aware of FN making any actions for sweden of huskie

Posts: 1755 | Location: slc Ut | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Look if you are going to shoot a Mauser at least buy a Duramax

Posts: 1010 | Registered: 03 February 2004Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Pettson

I have never seen a commercial Husquarna made on an Obendorf action, I have seen 96 rifles made on Obendorf action which is a different thing. Never heard from anyone that there should been any other maker than FN.

I really like you we bite, but why not expand it with some Brno's ?

ALF- Amazing collection. You really deserve the title "mauser loony"

Cheers
/ JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
Pettson,
I have used the 320 gr. Woodleighs extensively in my 9.3x62s and my 9.3x64s on Buffalo and they work just fine in my 26" barreled guns with American powders at 2400 FPS...Accruacy in a 1x14 twist is excellent with the RN, have not used the PP....

Contrary to what was previously posted here on the 9.3x62 being illegal in Zimbabwe, the 9.3x62 is legal in Zimbabwe with a proper handload and a few factory loads as I understand it are now being loaded to specs for Zim, but no one cares in Zimbabwe and you will never be questioned on the use of a 9.3x62, I know several PHs that use them...I have used it in Zim several times..

Posts: 41892 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote