THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Elephant Charge -- For Your Weekend Viewing Enjoyment
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elephant Charge -- For Your Weekend Viewing Enjoyment
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigFiveJack:
How could ANY MAN NOT want to experience that?!?!

I think there are many, me included, who have been charged that think about those moments of pure terror when a life and death situation unfolded before you and someone, including you, could have been killed. It is enough to make you tremble and hope that it NEVER happens again OR if it does, that you are lucky enough or good enough to cheat death one more time.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
465HH and Will

You are absolutely right. A good season is a season that results in clean kills and NO charges.

One should not hunt for the sake of wanting a charge- however one must appreciate that there is a fair chance of it when hunting ele cows.

It is also a numbers game. I had a fellow Zim PH insinuate to me that my style of hunting resulted in charges. He said that he had never had a charge but admitted later that he does on average 1 ele bull hunt a season!

I have averaged over 25 eles a season for the last 10 years odd including a 35 ele season of which alot these are cows. It is law of averages that I will have more incidences then the average Zim Ph.

One really only fully appreciates the potential danger the full implications of an ele charge when things go horribly wrong. Luckily in my case everyone survived but it was certainly food for thought!

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That moment of truth, when your knees turn to jello, and it is kill or be killed...

I think one more time would be plenty for me. I would have no concern if Buzz or his partner Myles were backing me. Scared poopless, but not about the PH covering me.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Buzz,

Thank you for your reply, I would really like to see that video. What information do you need? My e-mal address?

I sent a PM, but I'm not sure I did it right. I didn't realize it at the time, but my wife and I visited your booth in Reno.

Marc

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buzz Charlton:
465HH and Will

You are absolutely right. A good season is a season that results in clean kills and NO charges.

One should not hunt for the sake of wanting a charge- however one must appreciate that there is a fair chance of it when hunting ele cows.

It is also a numbers game. I had a fellow Zim PH insinuate to me that my style of hunting resulted in charges. He said that he had never had a charge but admitted later that he does on average 1 ele bull hunt a season!

I have averaged over 25 eles a season for the last 10 years odd including a 35 ele season of which alot these are cows. It is law of averages that I will have more incidences then the average Zim Ph.

One really only fully appreciates the potential danger the full implications of an ele charge when things go horribly wrong. Luckily in my case everyone survived but it was certainly food for thought!

Buzz,

How many cows and how many charges have you had?

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote