Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DSC Gear - Made in China
 Login/Join

posted
First thing I'd like to say is that I have nothing but good to say regarding DSC. I've been attending the convention every year for a number of years now. I plan to be there again in 2021 and beyond.

I normally pick up at least a new cap every year at the show. Tonight after getting home I took off my cap and for whatever reason noticed only now the Made in China tag on the inside of the rim. This struck me as quite ironic. China in my opinion, and I'd guess many African hunting outfitters would agree, represents one of the greatest threats to African wildlife that exists. Between their mining/logging practices, willingness to pay corrupt African gov't officials and of course their insatiable desire for elephant ivory and rhino horn, it's hard to argue this isn't true.

And beyond the wildlife issue, there is of course this corona virus issue and just the general pain in the ass the Chinese gov't is for much of the world.

So is there anyway DSC can find vendors for the gear that will provide products NOT made in China? I for one would happy to pay more for my cap to avoid sending one more penny to China.

Posts: 584 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: 13 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We should all quit buying Chinese products, but it's tough. Years ago, my son needed a lamp. Was very hard to find one that wasn't made in China.

Posts: 10382 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
A friend came to visit from the US, he brought me a cap from his very well known company, very nicely made, in China.

I gave him an AR hat we embroider our logo on, made in the US!

He laughed.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
So is there anyway DSC can find vendors for the gear that will provide products NOT made in China? I for one would happy to pay more for my cap to avoid sending one more penny to China.

Email DSC and ask them. I have always found them responsive to member enquiries. If you and enough other members enquired along the same lines I'm sure they might start specifying alternative manufacturing sources. I'm guessing they tender out the contracts for supplies of DSC logo gear but they could always do so with the proviso of "not made in China". DSC members may have to be satisfied with maybe Mexican maunfactured gear if it couldn't be produced competitively enough in the USA.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2090 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I bet the majority of items one buys in any shop today, regardless of make, are made in China!

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last week I had an argument With my woman...she wanted to buy a gas grill made in China. I refused
and we ended up buying a Weber twice the price..

Heck if I buy chinese after this if it can be avoided.. Mad

Posts: 3974 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Might want to take note of where most of the components are coming from that comprise the computer on phone you are typing on...That YOU bought.
I feel the same way you fellows do and would agree we as individuals will have to have a voice on this issue.
We can do a lot more than government sanctions if we make up our minds to take a domestic path.
Problem is that most people do not think strategically but act as tactical drones and continue to go about their business as they have for years.
It starts in our household teaching our children the importance of their neighbor (and their jobs) and cease the narcissistic keep up with the Jones's path that began in the 80's.

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eezridr:
Might want to take note of where most of the components are coming from that comprise the computer on phone you are typing on...That YOU bought.
I feel the same way you fellows do and would agree we as individuals will have to have a voice on this issue.
We can do a lot more than government sanctions if we make up our minds to take a domestic path.
Problem is that most people do not think strategically but act as tactical drones and continue to go about their business as they have for years.
It starts in our household teaching our children the importance of their neighbor (and their jobs) and cease the narcissistic keep up with the Jones's path that began in the 80's.

EZ

In certain segments of the items, you will not be able to get what you want if it is not made in China.

Also, I see certain company Mark their product’s as from several countries, assembled in another - normally not China.

One of Us
Picture of Neil-PH
posted Hide Post
The mindset is on the right path. It will be a long slow process to break completely away from China, but however small the start I believe we must start. Africa is full of Chinese shopping malls, peddling their cheap, no goodcrap...........Boycotting these and campaigning a #boycottchina campaign is as good a beginning as we can have.

Posts: 536 | Location: The Plains of Africa | Registered: 07 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pondoro:
Last week I had an argument With my woman...she wanted to buy a gas grill made in China. I refused

Thanks for that. My company made the steel for the shell of your grill. 100% USA melted and rolled.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Moving manufacturing is difficult. Regions become centers for certain tasks and that equipment and knowledge is lost where it isn't needed.

Meaning, sourcing something outside of China becomes impossible in the short term with a long ramp up to get it going. Not to mention the expense of building a plant.

There are inflationary issues as well that will affect and shift the poverty line.

It's just not simple. I've worked on a couple of projects that needed to be Berry compliant. It is eye opening what it takes to get there and not be sneaky about it.

Jeremy

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3974 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neil-PH:
The mindset is on the right path. It will be a long slow process to break completely away from China, but however small the start I believe we must start. Africa is full of Chinese shopping malls, peddling their cheap, no goodcrap...........Boycotting these and campaigning a #boycottchina campaign is as good a beginning as we can have.

Well said!

It's up to all of us to help, we cant just rely on government or countries to do it. The little stuff will add up too and start a trend. I also saw that the plan for the US is to have 94% of our antibiotics made here at home within two years. That's a good an aggressive plan. Others will follow.

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
I had to check my DSC - Bob Allen shirts, and yes the tag in clear print says made in China.

So, I checked my SCI and DSC caps, and yes the tag says made in China.

Decided to check some other caps that I have, and most are made in China or Hong Kong.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1628 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by farbedo:
quote:
Originally posted by Pondoro:

Thanks for that. My company made the steel for the shell of your grill. 100% USA melted and rolled.

Jeremy

Very good!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Moving manufacturing is difficult. Regions become centers for certain tasks and that equipment and knowledge is lost where it isn't needed.

Meaning, sourcing something outside of China becomes impossible in the short term with a long ramp up to get it going. Not to mention the expense of building a plant.

There are inflationary issues as well that will affect and shift the poverty line.

It's just not simple. I've worked on a couple of projects that needed to be Berry compliant. It is eye opening what it takes to get there and not be sneaky about it.

Jeremy

I dont totally agree with this.

Companies will say how difficult it is to move and how long it will take but when threatened with the choice of moving or losing the business it's amazing how quickly they find a solution in a reasonable amount of time and at the same cost. I've seen this occur repeatedly over the last 18 months.

This is where Trump's China policy has been brilliant. He's created fear and doubt for companies doing business in China and for those buying from companies doing business in China. It's so much more than just the tariffs. Its tariffs, fear of IP loss, fear of the CCP taking assets, fear of political instability, fear of supply chains breaking (Corona Virus), and fear of being singled sourced through a single geographic area.

Companies are moving out, and will continue to do so. Dont underestimate the power of American companies pushing OEMs to manufacture outside of China. It does have an impact. Then once manufacturing leaves, the next step is parts.

I truly believe that if Trump is reelected we will decouple our economy from China. And if a dem is elected, well China will continue to pay them off and we will not only go back to where we were, but China will become the worlds greatest superpower within 20 years or so.

We have the power to stop it. We will see if we do.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think labor pool that’s being/been displaced by businesses closing would appreciate manufacturing American products. We’ve not even come close to seeing the changes that this is going to bring.

USA first mindset is a good start. Once we replace our greed for more with greed for USA, maybe we’ll come back stronger.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Until the past few years, I hadn't paid much attention to where a product is from. That has changed dramatically over the past couple years as evidence of the CCP's malicious malice and malevolence has been exposed.

This week I bought a new pair of prescription sun glasses. It was hard finding a frame not made in China, but after a bit, an acceptable Taiwanese frame was found.

With a bit of effort and perhaps a little more cost, we can make a difference.

Posts: 818 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 05 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by royal27:
quote:

Jeremy

Companies will say how difficult it is to move and how long it will take but when threatened with the choice of moving or losing the business it's amazing how quickly they find a solution in a reasonable amount of time and at the same cost. I've seen this occur repeatedly over the last 18 months.

This is where Trump's China policy has been brilliant. He's created fear and doubt for companies doing business in China and for those buying from companies doing business in China. It's so much more than just the tariffs. Its tariffs, fear of IP loss, fear of the CCP taking assets, fear of political instability, fear of supply chains breaking (Corona Virus), and fear of being singled sourced through a single geographic area.

Companies are moving out, and will continue to do so. Dont underestimate the power of American companies pushing OEMs to manufacture outside of China. It does have an impact. Then once manufacturing leaves, the next step is parts.

I truly believe that if Trump is reelected we will decouple our economy from China. And if a dem is elected, well China will continue to pay them off and we will not only go back to where we were, but China will become the worlds greatest superpower within 20 years or so.

I'm not saying it can't or won't happen. It certainly can. What I am saying is that it is a long process.

Short term supply solutions will quickly become overwhelmed because alternatives the scale of Chinese manufacturing don't exist. That capacity will have to be built, people trained, and billions invested.

Consider the supply chain for an iPhone with it's thousands of parts. Each coming from a manufacturing facility somewhere (inside and outside of China) and finally ending up in the assembly plant in China. That kind of plant doesn't easily exist elsewhere.

It will cost billions to decouple, or simply reduce reliance. Even if Apple wanted to fight that fight, it will take many years to rework their supply chain.

Absolutely advocate for US made, just don't expect it to happen in the next few years. And expect inflation to take hold.

Jeremy

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Apple announced yesterday that in the last 2 months they have moved 30% of production of their wildly popular Air Pods to Vietnam. And they are slowly moving iPhone production out of China to Taiwan. It can be done!

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13449 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
Apple announced yesterday that in the last 2 months they have moved 30% of production of their wildly popular Air Pods to Vietnam. And they are slowly moving iPhone production out of China to Taiwan. It can be done!

Wow. Had not heard that. I do know that many amplifier manufacturers have offshored lower-end models to Vietnam. Marshall is making an all-tube head there that is only about 300$ but very nice. black star also makes amps there.

Vietnam has the best sewers on the planet. If they can produce electronics at the same level of quality, it’s going to be a good day for Vietnam.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Jeremy

I'm not saying it can't or won't happen. It certainly can. What I am saying is that it is a long process.

Short term supply solutions will quickly become overwhelmed because alternatives the scale of Chinese manufacturing don't exist. That capacity will have to be built, people trained, and billions invested.

Consider the supply chain for an iPhone with it's thousands of parts. Each coming from a manufacturing facility somewhere (inside and outside of China) and finally ending up in the assembly plant in China. That kind of plant doesn't easily exist elsewhere.

It will cost billions to decouple, or simply reduce reliance. Even if Apple wanted to fight that fight, it will take many years to rework their supply chain.

Absolutely advocate for US made, just don't expect it to happen in the next few years. And expect inflation to take hold.

Jeremy

It wont take as long as you think it might.

IPhones are a great example. They are made in China by Foxconn, primarily but not exclusively.

I assure you there are other manufacturing companies worldwide that are hungry for that business and could begin to manufacture much more quickly than you think they could. Apple if they choose to, could begin to move volume within months to India, Vietnam, Mexico, and other countries. They could be out of China within a couple of years. That isn't long at all. That's part of the problem actually. Meaning we think so short term (something China doesnt do) and get all wrapped up in "it will take to long and hurt short-term profits that nothing gets done and then much more damage is done in real long-term.

Parts could and would follow. That entire infrastructure could be moved out of China within a couple of years, leaving only iPhones for China, in China. The CCP will work hard to make sure that doesn't happen but Apple doesnt own those Foxconn plants and so the threat is more cutting off the Chinese market than leaving Apple stuck with billions of dollars in useless factories.

If this doesnt happen it will be because of fear and greed, not the ability to move. It will cost billions, I agree. But it will cost China, not Apple, the majority of that amount. And, will leave Apple with a much more diversified and therefore stable supply chain.

Time to decouple and quit letting an enemy have such control over so many facets of our everyday life. If we dont, we will wish we had.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

This. It can and must be done. It's a matter of national security. Our very way of life is on the line here. Time to make our politicians care for American best interest and not getting rich themselves from the Chinese kickbacks they receive.

Trump has a plan and it's a good one. Again, if he is reelected we will decouple from China which will be better for both America and the world.

One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
The USA like many countries imports goods including oil from many countries that it probably doesn't like but it also exports to those same countries, called World trade. Okay for you more well off guys, I imagine most posting on this forum, myself included, live a comfortable enough life and can afford to pay double for products if we choose to avoid the countries we do not like, but ask some of your less fortunate countryman if they can afford to do the same.
Need to avoid the moral high ground, or next time when on safari in Africa practice what you preach and pay all the black Africans in your camp the same wages they would earn in your own country or most western countries. Perhaps start in your own country and bring the standard of living closer to yours for the rest of the population then you can all afford caps made in the USA.

The reason why a huge amount of product is made in China is because the rich capitalist businessmen in your country have shifted production off shore to take advantage of cheap labour, minimal environmental laws, etc, etc, and of course most importantly make more money.
Not saying that is necessarily wrong, but jeez don't cry in your soup over a cap made in China when you and your country have created the situation you find yourselves in now, you are reaping what you have sown.

Posts: 3914 | Location: Rolleston, Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
So I guess most of the products bought in NZ are made in NZ?? Good on you- if that is true....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13449 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

This. It can and must be done. It's a matter of national security. Our very way of life is on the line here. Time to make our politicians care for American best interest and not getting rich themselves from the Chinese kickbacks they receive.

Trump has a plan and it's a good one. Again, if he is reelected we will decouple from China which will be better for both America and the world.

This^^^^^

The CCP is facing many internal problems as well as external. If America decouples, it opens the door for more countries to decouple.

Third world countries that have been part of the "One bribe, one loan" program will decouple as well. As new governments come into power that did not receive bribes from China, there will become more of a willingness to default on the loan/ nationalize the asset, etc. ie: Tanzania with a new government canceled the Bagamoyo project of $10B from China that the Kikwete government made the juice on. Look for more and more countries to do the same type of thing.

China will have major financial problems coming out of the virus shutdown/slowdown. China is loosing their ability to earn USD due to Trump's tariffs. Only China's satellite countries will accept the Renminbi. No other country or company will. China needs hard currency for things like oil. The pressure is on the CCP. Things could get real ugly for the CCP in the next 2-5 years.

Every time we get a "DSC" to not buy from China is one more nail in the CCP coffin.

Perhaps one day 1.3B Chinese will gain their freedom from the 90M members of the CCP. At least we can hope.

Posts: 818 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 05 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a flaw in this thinking that Apple can just move their manufacturing, or any other large scale manufacturing endeavor.

Sure, lots of companies would love to snag a piece of that pie, but what is being displaced in doing so?

Manufacturing is only as elastic as the current facility capacity. Iphones move in and something gets displaced, like garage door openers, or difficult to make medical devices.

The capacity for these changes isn't available and it takes years to build it up.

I want it to happen, and I think it certainly will, but every action has a reaction.

Don't underestimate greed, corruption, and the ineptitude of governments.

Jeremy

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Fuck the CCP ...

hilbily

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16654 | Location: Las Cruces, NM | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
quote:
So I guess most of the products bought in NZ are made in NZ?? Good on you- if that is true....

No most definitely not, NZ like many western countries have shifted a lot of manufacturing off shore in saying that we never had a lot of the electronic, car making, firearms, machinery, etc, type manufacturing anyway and have always had to import this stuff. Most of our oil comes from Iran, Iraq, middle east, etc, and we are also heavily into trade with China and others similar with free trade agreements with China even. We are heavily agricultural without subsidies or import restrictions like your country has.

My last 4WD utility truck was made in China 100,000kms without fault and went everywhere I needed to go. My current Holden Colorado (GM) 4WD truck made in Thailand like most of our Fords, GMs, Toyotas, and Mazda trucks are now. My O/U shotgun made in Japan, my semi-auto shotgun made in Turkey, my 7mm-08 Marlin made in the States, my 404 Mauser made in Germany, my Gevarm semi-auto 22RF made in France, all bloody great trucks and guns and most all of my hunting gear and clothes made in China.

I just don't get upset and on my moral high horse when my cap is made in China Wink

Posts: 3914 | Location: Rolleston, Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eagle27:
I just don't get upset and on my moral high horse when my cap is made in China Wink

Man have you ever missed the entire point of the thread. Smiler

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Moral high horse my ass. As royal27 said, you've missed the point. China is raping Africa and when it's done with her, China will leave her like an old used up whore.

DSC is a conservation organization and it's goals are counter to China's goals in Africa. It doesn't make sense that DSC would, even if inadvertently as I believe the case is, economically support China.

Does that make sense to you?

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I sleep better at night by reading labels. I will buy something made by my own countrymen any day over the same product manufactured in China.

Always have, always will.

~Ann

Posts: 19564 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
Haven't missed the point at all, you all have. Did China airdrop all the made in China products available in your country, no you fucking brought them in yourselves and now a selected few who can afford to be all moral about it complain about their precious hunting organisation peddling made in China caps. Of course China is raping Africa and probably a few other poor countries too, Iran is developing nuclear weapons and a few other middle east countries, oh throw Russia in this as well, have notorious human rights records, and many other Asian countries have an insatiable demand for rhino horn, ivory, etc and will kill the last of a species on Earth to get it, but all this doesn't stop the good old US of A and most other Western countries trading with these countries.
You can't expect to export and not import.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Haven't missed the point at all, you all have. Did China airdrop all the made in China products available in your country, no you fucking brought them in yourselves and now a selected few who can afford to be all moral about it complain about their precious hunting organisation peddling made in China caps. Of course China is raping Africa and probably a few other poor countries too, Iran is developing nuclear weapons and a few other middle east countries, oh throw Russia in this as well, have notorious human rights records, and many other Asian countries have an insatiable demand for rhino horn, ivory, etc and will kill the last of a species on Earth to get it, but all this doesn't stop the good old US of A and most other Western countries trading with these countries.

Would seem you've claimed your own position on the moral high ground.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 7MMNut:
quote:

He is right though.

It is YOUR government, allowing their corporations to manufacture cheap stuff in China, and sell it at home.

Western manufacturers, especially electronics are all made in bloody Chinkland! rotflmo

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by 7MMNut:
quote:

He is right though.

It is YOUR government, allowing their corporations to manufacture cheap stuff in China, and sell it at home.

Western manufacturers, especially electronics are all made in bloody Chinkland! rotflmo

Part of what you say is correct regarding the U.S. gov't, but part of what you say is completely wrong.

The FTC (Federal Trade Commission) guards against leading / cutting edge technology from leaving the country. The primary example is Intel. Do you have any computers in your house with Intel microprocessors? If so, likely you've paid for their leading chips. One of their silicon fabs is just a few minutes from where I sit at this moment. It contains their most advanced processes from what I understand. There is also a chance that those IC's were made at their fab in Oregon. Or if not the most advance technology, they could've come from their fabs in Ireland or Israel.

Another example. I work for a medical company. The campus I work at is one of their manufacturing facilities. We only make some of the parts in our devices. Other parts are made in other places in the U.S. as well locations around the world. Final assemblies are made in other locations in the U.S. and again in other places around the world. We in fact do business in many countries. While some of our devices are made in China, those devices are sold only in China.

You have to ask just what does "Made in the U.S" or "Made in China" or "Made in XXX" mean? For many products there simply is no single location, especially when it comes to complex technology versus say a piece of furniture. Pieces and parts come from all over regardless of where the final assembly occurs.

But back to the topic at hand. I had no intention of starting a thread that has gone in the direction it has. I simply found it ironic and bordering on hypocritical, that DSC, whose goals and objectives around wildlife conservation I fully support, would send a single penny to China given their track record in Africa.

I know that at the very least former DSC leadership are members here. I would guess that there is also current leadership who visit this website. So my hope was simply that they would recognize this conflict and if possible stop doing business with vendors who do business with China.

It's not some bullshit moral high ground position I'm taking. Just seems a reasonable and simple to understand point I'm making.

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I will assume that DSC has contracted with local companies who have done the embroidering without knowing the origin. They have also, I believe, done shirts with TAG. TAG is out of Zimbabwe, but has a main distributor in Houston.

I just checked my Park Cities Quail hat. It was made in Bangladesh. Where the embroidery was done was likely local.

I just checked a buddy’s hat from Dallas Country Club. It’s like the local version of Augusta National. They made news for not allowing members of color or women. Yes, that hat was made in China. By the way DCC is in the Park Cities.

I agree that we should keep production in America. Not far from Dallas is the Resistol factory, also known as the maker of Stetson hats.

It is interesting to consider where items come from. I drive a Toyota, as do most PHs, but mine is just a 4Runner. That’s due to many of the “Big 3” trucks I’ve had with problems. The Land Cruisers and HiLux vehicles arrived amazing.

Back to China; the iPhone with which I’m typing on is likely sending, or sharing, information.

We have plenty of smart people who definitely need jobs now. Pull them off the xBox and maybe we can gain “independence” from China.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3458 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
We have plenty of smart people who definitely need jobs now. Pull them off the xBox and maybe we can gain “independence” from China.

The reason why most goods are made in China is because of factories being set up there by both European and American manufacturers.

Reason: Exploit the cheap labor that China has on offer.
Aim: To maximize on profit.
Result: Screwed royally as the Chinese have increased their dollar stocks and obtained all the technology from these factories.

Posts: 2046 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don’t think a lot of people understand the sophistication and network effects Of manufacturing in Pearl River Delta.

The apple subcontractor factory employs 250,000 people. Los Angeles-Glendale-Long Beach, with 348,000 manufacturing jobs, is the largest industrial center in the US. The scale of manufacturing infrastructure in the Pearl river Delta can not be replicated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/..._and_Technology_Park

India Vietnam ect want to get some Chinese based manufacturing but what is going is lower end jobs China prices itself out of.

Chinese manufacturing is impressive - it is the world shop floor and the world electronic manufacturing center. It’s not easy moving away from China,

https://www.inc.com/glenn-leib...-what-you-think.html

Caps - sure you can make that anywhere. Most safari clothing can be made in Zimbabwe too.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yup, like I said you just dont get it

It isn't about not trading with others at all. Its about trading with those who aren't blatantly stealing from us.

Look, you may be just fine doing business with someone who's broken into your house and stolen from you, especially if that fits within your morals, so go for it.

It's a defeatist attitude to say "I know they are raping the world but there just isn't anything I can do about it." The CCP counts on people like you having that attitude, it's how they stay in power.