Find
Notify
Tools

Phil Smythe
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello.
I had the oportunity to meet Phil when he was still an apprentice. We become friends and since then we kept in touch for years.
We were planning a lion hunt together before he was charged by the elephant. Our last conversation is dated 20 dic 2020 when he was already in his last hunt...
Now as some os you already know, I already did a lion hunt with CMS, that hunt was video recorded by proffesional cameraman and the video will be on tv in Spain and in the States.
It is my desire to dedicate it to Phil´s memory and for that I will need a good pic of Phil. My pics are very old and not digital.
Any help from you will be welcome.

Thanks to all

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
The original painting went for $3500 into the family account and I am more than willing to donate the few remaining prints and will accept any offer to enhance the fund

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9873 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much.
I dont know if you still have the contact details of the family, I think Leah moved out from Harare.
I am trying to get in touch trough Keith Wall but it seems to be difficult.
Just recently they raffle Phil´s double, I contributed with 2000 when I learn about it.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Larry Shores has the amounts paid to Phil's family account and could publish it here.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I dont need any amount paid.
I just need a way to contact Leah or someone who can give me a good photo to dedicate the filmation to Phil.
Behind that, your idea of getting more money to Phil´s family is more than welcome, I just want you to know I can´t help in passingg any money to family, I dont have the contact

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Apparently , Leah has chsnged phone numbers . I will try and track it down but I have been traveling .

Posts: 11990 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Larry.
Yes, Leah changed phone number and also moved out from Harare. I tried to contact her when I was in Harare last october with no luck.
I know she raffled Phils double last week, so maybe she is in the need of more financial help so the idea fairgame had is very welcome, even at this moment is difficult to send any help to her as we can not contact her.
Anyway, I still need a good pic of Phil to dedicate my film to him, please, it must be someone here with a good pic we can use for that.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I made contact with Leah . She is going to look for a picture.

Posts: 11990 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much Larry.
You are awesome.

Best regards

One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the meantime, I would suggest searching the hunt reports herein. There might be some there.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes Larry.
I have seen some good ones in the internet also, but take into account this is for a TV show, so we need the permit of the owner. I need the pic to be send to me together with the permit to be used for that purpose.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
The cost of the print is $250 including the courier and $200 can be paid directly to Leah

Alternatively, pay for the courier and donate what you want through Larry Shores

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Andrew.
I just learned now about the problem you had with those bastards destroying your possesions and part of the work of your life. Despite of that, you are trying to help others. That speaks loud about the kind of man you are.
Thank you very much for that and for being part of the hunters community. We need people like you in this days more than ever before.
Thank you very much Andrew.