New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bridger Out of Business
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just went to Bridgers website to order some bullets. It says they are no longer in business. Anyone know about this?
Now I have to start looking around for decent solids again.
Suggestions anyone?

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just received an e-mail informing me that Bridger Bullets is closing out. That the number of orders will not sustain the overhead. This is truly sad. Perhaps a deal could be struck with Barnes. These bullets would be a natural compliment to their line of dangerous game bullets.

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Does your email indicate they have stock left to sell?

one of us
Picture of 475/480
posted Hide Post
I am glad I got some .375 -270gr 3 weeks ago.I thought he would have enough work.
Sean

Posts: 562 | Location: Houston Tx | Registered: 23 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i wounder if he could contact some custom ammo makers and make some deals with them to supply them with solids and the idea of supplying barns would also be a good idea it would defitly compliment they already solid array of bullets.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Mike,

What solids are you looking for?

Talking to bullet makers over the last couple of years I read between the lines and decided that the market for solid bullets is truely miniscule.

jim dodd

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Jim, Im looking for some for the 458WM. I want them around 400-450 grns. Looking for backup rounds for buff. I may just buy loaded ammo but I hate to do that.

one of us
posted Hide Post
So, I wonder if we could have helped him out more.
I know I for one was waiting to get a box of copper and a box of brass at the same time, didn't know their was a time limit.
Since this kind of came up on this board, and we all watched him come about, I really wish he could have let us know he needed orders. It isn't quite like an ordinary business, kind of family, you know?
Given the right circumstances, I have a suspicion he could have cornered the market.
Oh well.

Posts: 2000 | Location: Beaverton OR | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
He just got it up and running, now there's not enough orders?

Posts: 273 | Location: Clarks Summit, Pa. | Registered: 17 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tonto
posted Hide Post
Mike

Buy Barnes 450 grain super solids i took a buffalo and elephant with them out of my 458 win mag last September. Performed perfectly!

Dean

Maybe I am missing something but looking at what barnes has to offer, sometimes its a bit hard to find some of them. But mine shot great out of both my 458 win mag and 458 lott.

i have the 450grain bullets that I shot my buffalo and my elephant with both bullets look like you could load them again.

Posts: 1057 | Location: adirondacks,NY ,USA | Registered: 30 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
What a way to learn about it! Well, so much for trying the 400gr'ers this year. It would indeed seem that the market for a flat nose solid is not what we on the forum think it is... Too bad, I wish John well.

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim,

Quote:

the market for solid bullets is truely miniscule.

Might have something to do with the fact that solids aren't good for anything except ele, hippo, and rhino. Relatively speaking, that is a miniscule hunting market.

Scott

Posts: 1662 | Location: USA | Registered: 27 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am really sorry to hear such news. I exchanged several e-mails with him and he sure seems like a nice guy. I should give him a call and see if I could help him out.

On a side note, the market for solids is rather small, that is true.

Don

Posts: 263 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 13 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andy
posted Hide Post
Tonto,

Where did you shoot your elephant?

I am curious how much penetration the 450 gr had?

The 450 gr Barnes RN and North Fork solid FN both shoot very well in my 450 Dakota and I was thinking of using this 450 gr weight in my rifle.

Thanks, Andy

Posts: 1278 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 16 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tonto
posted Hide Post
Andy
I took a heart lung shot. I wasnt there when they dug the bullet out but it must have done some damage as she only went between 30 and 40 yards.
Dean
The 450 grains xbullets almost full penatrated on a buff from the backside to the lung area from about 20 yards. The solid passed thru the buffalo at about 80 yards.

Posts: 1057 | Location: adirondacks,NY ,USA | Registered: 30 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, its back to GS Customs for me, the flat nose solid is so much better than a round nose solid that I hate the thought of not having them available.

I have been talking to Geoff McDonald about a conventional flat nose solid with a cutting shoulder on it..That shoulder shaves hair around the entrance hole and cuts a wadcutter type hole that does not close up as a rule... and internal damage is much better than a round nose...

I doubt that there is or ever has been a big solid market, but I sure like to have the best bullet I can find in that catagory and Bridger and GS have that market...I also require those pressure rings on the monolithic solids for use in a double...

Posts: 41865 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray, I thought you had a lifetime supply of Bridgers?

I am wondering if I could install a lathe on top of my picnic table to satisfy my irrepressible urge to use only flat meplat solids with cutting shoulders.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote