New
Find
Notify
Tools

The latest from the NRA
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 12103 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update Larry.

Cheers
Jim

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is a great start. Social Media is our battlefield.

Also Wayne LaPierre plans to use social media greatly in the future to circumvent the slant of the liberal media regarding 2nd amendment issues.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This all looks pretty good!!

Nice that they gave the Cabelas an award...
http://www.americanhunter.org/...rs-leadership-award/

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
salute NRA patriot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37886 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now if all hunters and sportsman would join the NRA it would be an absolute real FORCE at about some 20 million level.

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is the idea.

Posts: 12103 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry - you dont think it is ironic that one of their first actions was to hand out an Award?

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexKD:
Now if all hunters and sportsman would join the NRA it would be an absolute real FORCE at about some 20 million level.

Absolutely!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13661 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Graham:
Larry - you dont think it is ironic that one of their first actions was to hand out an Award?

This award was for good deeds as opposed to the self flagellating awards for some animal that SCI hands out. So no, I don't think so.

One of Us
Picture of nhoro
posted Hide Post
quote:

These are the type of awards that should be given out and celebrated.

JEB Katy, TX

Already I was beginning to fall into the African way of thinking: That if
you properly respect what you are after, and shoot it cleanly and on
the animal's terrain, if you imprison in your mind all the wonder of the
day from sky to smell to breeze to flowers—then you have not merely
killed an animal. You have lent immortality to a beast you have killed
because you loved him and wanted him forever so that you could always
recapture the day - Robert Ruark

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can look for a new hunter recruitment program from the NRA to come out this spring also. Lot going on.

Posts: 1332 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just to clarify..is he referring to the Golden Bullseye award?

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
quote:

This award was for good deeds as opposed to the self flagellating awards for some animal that SCI hands out. So no, I don't think so.
SCI, as a whole, hands out awards that aren't just about an animal... but of course the good work of Chapters is thrown under the bus.

I just think it is ironic that your #1 complaint about SCI is the awards program - and here is NRA handing out an award!! Not that I have anything against the Cabelas - they should be recognised, just as they have been with SCI in the past.

And not that I am a big fan of the (well under-subscribed) Awards Program either - but it has served a purpose in the hunting world - stroking member egos to encourage them to range far and wide.

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhoro:
quote:

Exactly. He is just picking fly shit out of the pepper. Roll Eyes

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

SCI, as a whole, hands out awards that aren't just about an animal... but of course the good work of Chapters is thrown under the bus.

I just think it is ironic that your #1 complaint about SCI is the awards program - and here is NRA handing out an award!! Not that I have anything against the Cabelas - they should be recognised, just as they have been with SCI in the past.

And not that I am a big fan of the (well under-subscribed) Awards Program either - but it has served a purpose in the hunting world - stroking member egos to encourage them to range far and wide.

Matt:

Most awards but not all are these self congratulatory things for killing the most species of this that or the other . When they get the awards for the world slam of double breasted mattress thrashers, I want to see who has the highest level award. Other than that , this type of award is counterproductive to our cause .

Any awards SCI gives for good deeds, conservation work ,etc I have no problem with.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any awards SCI gives for good deeds, conservation work ,etc I have no problem with.

Which must be few and far between as they are hardly ever mentioned, must be in fine print without too much fanfare and behind closed doors.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Exactly. He is just picking fly shit out of the pepper.

PERFECT!
Mike, can I borrow that line.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update Larry. Really appreciate everything you and Mike et al have been doing.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Matt has been so brain washed he religiously believe SCI has a God given ability of never doing anything wrong clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68779 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know Saeed. I think Matt simply gets tired of the constant piling on SCI. If SCI got Obama impeached and found a cure for cancer, some here would still complain.

SCI does do some good things. They have done so recently. Some of which of never publicized.

I still think the awards is a massive problem for our sport. How many times do we have to see the antis using these awards as ammo against us before we all wake up?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike - I guess what you are saying is he is "looking for YOU"? I might suggest he look for a larger specimen, elephant dung, might be more appropriate to describe you? Roll Eyes

As far as NRA goes, no doubt they would be a help to ALL hunters by expanding their offerings. They are by no means the magical cure all for what's happening to us these days.

Bye.

quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
quote:
quote:

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There definitely does seem to be a common thread around here that SCI does nothing right or good, which is nonsense.

On the other hand, it does not do everything that it should either.

SCI should take a page from the NRA and revamp its structure...

But the NRA is hardly without warts either.

I just recently upped to patron life because of their stand here, but I also remember when they sold us up the river 20-30 years ago...

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. Unfortunately, that means staying active in the group, whether SCI or the NRA to keep them doing what they are supposed to.

Posts: 11028 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Welcome back Larry. I see you are still struggling to focus on substance and stay away from invective. I hope no one mysteriously deletes your posts this time. Maybe Saeed or Don can provide an explanation.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:

SCI should take a page from the NRA and revamp its structure...

To me that is the absolute key to SCI having the ability to have any real influence in the current battle over the future of hunting. They need to dramatically reduce the role and function of the executive committee and bring in a capable, driven professional leadership team to drive change and handle matters on a day to day basis.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Sellers:
Mike - I guess what you are saying is he is "looking for YOU"? I might suggest he look for a larger specimen, elephant dung, might be more appropriate to describe you? Roll Eyes

As far as NRA goes, no doubt they would be a help to ALL hunters by expanding their offerings. They are by no means the magical cure all for what's happening to us these days.

Bye.

quote:
quote:
quote:

Try really hard not to be a bitch will ya?

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hopefully the NRA will (tactfully) promote what they have done in the past (and hopefully continuing to do) regarding things like hunting ethics and especially firearm safety. Case in point-I have been a Life Member since I was 18 (I am now 63). The NRA has a fantastic program called the "Eddie Eagle" program that teaches kids basically "if you find a gun-don't touch-leave the room-tell an adult". This program was/is designed for elementary school aged kids. Is it ever allowed in the schools? Hell no, you guessed it, the *^%@# teacher's unions won't allow it. Disclaimer: I have a daughter in law and a son in law that are both teachers. We have had multiple discussions about this. I have three grandkids and I told my son and DIL early on that I was not going to lock up every firearm in my house every time they came to visit. They allowed me to educate my own grandkids with the Eddie Eagle program and guess what-the grandkids are old enough now that they have shared with me that they have been in situations at other kids' houses where they did encounter a loaded firearm and got the other kids to leave it and tell an adult. What is so sad is that if all the schools allowed this program deaths like the kid that was brandishing a toy gun in a park and got shot by police would most likely not happen. OK, off my soapbox.

"Never, ever, book a hunt with Jeri Booth or Detail Company Adventures"

Posts: 489 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Welcome back Larry. I see you are still struggling to focus on substance and stay away from invective. I hope no one mysteriously deletes your posts this time. Maybe Saeed or Don can provide an explanation.
Don?

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV