New
Find
Notify
Tools

MY IVORY IS FINALLY HOME
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
After many months on undue delay my 73 pounder is in my hands. DELTA LOST THE PAPER WORK (CITIES PERMIT) and as you know they must have the original at USFW. I would like to tell you without the help of Andy Hunter Dip and Pack and Lynn Duncan of Trophyship it may not have happened. Both Andy and Lynn worked tirelessly to get the Parks Dept in Zim to re-issue the CITIES. The updated me almost every day via e-mail. I could not have asked for them to do any better. If you have a chance to use them you really should. I think they saved my ivory and without them I may not have gotten it. They learned that Delta has lost paperwork 9 times.
SOUNDS LIKE SOME TREE HUGGER AT DELTA FREIGHT IS TOSSING PERMITS IN THE TRASH CAN.

The process: Coppersmith in Atl. told me Delta could not find my paperwork and they were trying to get Delta is issue a letter to USFW stating so. NOTHING could happen until they issues this letter. This goes on for 2 to three weeks. I finally looked up Delta freight on line called Atl office and it about 2 hours got them to commit to send me the letter the next day. I got it done in two hours when Coopersmith could not get it in 2 to 3 weeks.
the letter goes to USFW in Washington they contact Zim. Parks. That is when Andy and Lynn took over. 3 or 4 more weeks waiting on Zim officials. Then USFW made their announcement about Zim and Tan. African time is slow but They pestered the Zim Park guys until it got done.

Andy Hunter and Lynn Duncan are the best they get A plus in this report. Worked on this without any extra pay. Cared about me and my trophy. GREAT PEOPLE TO DEAL WITH.

Coopersmith gets a D- If I had not got involved I would likely not have my ivory today. They work with these people every day and I don't know Jack in USFW dept there. You judge for yourself

USFW Inspector Charles Quick gets and A. I contacted him he was professional, courteous and helpful, assured me I would get my ivory, answered every e-mail quickly. I know USFW are not popular but
inspector Quick was very helpful

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeff
Could you please give me a call at the office 214-360-9599. Thrilled about your news, but have a question or four as I have a client who is going through the same situation due to Delta loosing (or trashing) the paperwork. Need to visit if you have a minute.
Many thanks
Dave

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Andy has handled all my trophies (leopard, lion, elephant, buffalo, plains game)on five safaris. He also served as my PH. He is a true professional on all fronts. He works very hard for his clients and his attention to detail is a key strength. I met Lynn while in Harare on my last safari. She is also super and has a great team behind her. Congrats on getting your ivory problem sorted out. You went to the right people.
lb

One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Jeff!!

I will agree that Andy Hunter and Lynn Duncan are top notch.
Andy handled my last shipment and it was flawless.

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeff,

Great news! I feel your pain as I had some trophies tied up in limbo for 6 years once upon a time.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have a client with the same issues Jeff - I am sure you will be getting a message from him as like you experienced we need that letter from F/W BEFORE we can get the Cites permits reissued. Well done on a great ELE and yes Andy runs a great show! Cheers Buzz

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Dumb question!!

Why are the Zim shippers using Delta? Is there no other choice?

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you got it all worked out. Man I was on pins and needles till my tusks got into my hands and I had no problems.

Posts: 42342 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Sounds like an investigation by Delta is necessary. If someone is deliberately destroying paperwork then they need to be caught and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Mad

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
Dumb question!!

Why are the Zim shippers using Delta? Is there no other choice?

good question. for sure SAA or Comair has to get it to Joberg, then the possible shippers are fairly numerous. Delta is just a bad joke.
DELTA= DELAY EVERY LAST TIME, ALWAYS.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13399 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of John Galt
posted Hide Post
Tag. Damn, those bastards, at Delta. Sure glad it worked out for you. I just cringe thinking about being in this same position within the next five years, or whenever I can get a DG hunt lined up for Jumbo.

-John

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
to give you an example of Delta at it's worst. 6 1/2 weeks ago, AF lost my bags going to Cameroon. 1 has been found( after 5 weeks) the other is still gone. i have been dealing with AF the whole time and sent all the claim information to them in Atlanta at the AF address on their website. AF is a Delta partner. 1 1/2 weeks ago i was notified by Delta that they would be handling the claim going forward and given a new record locator- AND THE BASTARDS WANTED ME TO RESUBMIT EVERYTHING I HAD ALREADY FURNISHED AF, INCLUDING A DETAILED LISTING OF BAG CONTENTS. bear in mind i had already done all this with AF. i called the claims guy listed on the email, explained that i had already submitted EVERYTHING that AF required( BTW the exact time paperwork that Delta needed). he admitted that AF had the paperwork i sent them for the stuff and had sent it to him-but i still needed to resubmit everything and start over with the new record locator #. it was simply a Delta ploy to reset the clock on a resolution of the claim. i refused to comply. it has been a week now and no further word. I thought AW F--KED was bad- Delta is worse! barf

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13399 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
One word " FUCKERS "
Unbelievable negligence
Glad you got them Jeff
Pics"

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If anyone has had a similar instance of Delta loosing your trophy documents and paperwork, please contact me at Safari Classics 214-360-9599 as we are building a case for a client and I would love the added ammunition of other instances where this airline lost ( and it is getting clearer by the minute that it does not seem accidental) paperwork that resulted in trophy import problems.
Thanks guys
Dave

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
Concur that Andy Hunter and Lynn Duncan are the best in their business - I would not use anyone else.

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Dave

Please e mail me if I can help.

Regards

Andy

Posts: 81 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote