Find
Notify
Tools

elephant guns to the range 2007
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of DanEP
posted Hide Post
I made some sticks -- wondered if they'd be out of place..

Dan

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Bring them with you...There will be many there to test out everything brought and shot..

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Brian,

Come along, 416 Widowmaker will be there also from Jersey and you might even see something you have to own...and don't have...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How long do yall plan to stay at the Starlite? My shift ends at 0700, so I will be coming from work (Bedminster NJ). Mapquest says it is a 60 mile ride from Bedminster to Trexlertown...

Posts: 454 | Location: Califon, NJ USA | Registered: 18 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Shouldn't leave till around 9am after we all have some chow..
Bring your cell and we will keep in communication..

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
Mike,

Looks like a Marine Corps classmate will be coming along with me and my son. I know ya'll will make him feel at home...starting by not using big words around him Wink

Matt

Posts: 1262 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Well guys up here we got anywhere from no snow to 12 inches.. But do not fret the range has no snow and temp will be 60 gregees +

Perfect day at the range... Saturday9am
8am for breakfast

Matt I will bring some soilds for the marine to shoot out of the Lott...Hunting loads...

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
Aw Mike, the brave, strong, Marine wimped out. Something about Saturday being his wife's birthday -- coward Wink I ain't scared of my wife.

....uh, you don't have to tell her I said that....okay?

Posts: 1262 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
What's more important then shooting elephant guns??? Big Grin BOOM

Matt tell him he will be home to take her out for dinner...Wine and dine her...

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
...and he could pick her up something nice on the way home...from Cabela's.

I've got class with him all week...and will challenge his Marine Corps'ness...

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Guys:

Wish I could make it. Also, Doc52 is flying out to Seattle on Friday morning so he'll miss it to.

Maybe next time. Ya'll have a grand time, ya hear.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
...but your wife's bringing up the Searcy .577 Nitro, right? BOOM

One of Us
Picture of DanEP
posted Hide Post
Hi,

I've been very interested in coming -- hoped to. But I have too many commitments I have to keep this weekend...

I really hope to make the next one.

Dan

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Dan, you had all week to get your work done...Have some fun and finish it on Sunday...

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
Mike - Marlin/rigbyman called last night and he thinks he'll make it out as well.

Matt

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Well guys truck is loaded....Have your choice of lion, buffalo, rhino, wart hog and even a bear...Oh yea a giant forest hog also...

Somebody bring a micrometer...See you all at 8am...

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Matt

What about your buddy, "the few, the proud, the whipped"?

Now a real Marine would consider the ultimate birthday present for the wife to be attendance at an elephant gun shoot. HOORAAHH!

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
Ah, yes. Seems that the lad is somewhat newly married and still in awe of the lass' charms... Something like this perhaps.

*pic "stolen" from John at NitroExpress...