Find
Notify
Tools

Female PH recommendation
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
FWIW, I'm not sure if Natasha is hunting any more. I seem to remember she either quit or reduced her hunting after her boyfriend was shot in Tanzania some years ago.

Andrew

Your sister is seriously scary! Wink

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
FWIW, I'm not sure if Natasha is hunting any more. I seem to remember she either quit or reduced her hunting after her boyfriend was shot in Tanzania some years ago.

Andrew

Your sister is seriously scary! Wink

Here she is wearing her Lion celebration frock and looks better in her tight little camo shorts.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
As far as I am concerned females in a hunting camp should camp managers sofa

Hear hear!

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I've known some very good female PHs over the years but it cannot be denied a lot of men are uncomfortable with hunting with them or even having them in camp but have to say I don't particularly mind it myself....... I guess it all depends on the individual woman but the same can be said of some men as well.

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by Hunting the Box H:
These girls look very professional. Note the perfect uniforms, all identical. The picture of professionalism.
I doubt you will find this anywhere else.
Hell, just look at that Andrea Baldry bird, half dressed, unwashed.

The only time I wish for a PH like these is in a leopard blind!

What, as bait?? Roll Eyes

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am definitely in the minority on this one! I would really enjoy hunting with a female PH. Sometimes the testosterone factor gets a bit much. I've had guides & PH's who were so gung-ho that I wanted to prescribe some Xanax. Their mantra was "SHOOT Now!"
, never mind if the animal was too far or moving too fast, let alone one that I didn't want to take in the first place. I love hunting and all of the beauty that goes with it, but if I want unnecessary pressure I'll move to NYC. I've often had this occur as well w/fishing charter captains, who scream at you for losing a tuna or whatever. Hey, Jack, I'm here to have
fun. My wife hunts with me, and she often said she'd enjoy hunting with a female PH. I know I'm generalizing, and some women can be more hard-assed than most men, but if anyone can recommend a laid-back, low key female PH, let me know...

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
As I mentioned previously, I can make a great recommendation for KZN.

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I had the pleasure of sharing a bear hunting/fishing camp with Ann. While she, of course, is a lady in every respect, she has no limits as a hunter/fisherman because of her sex (Dang it, now, she's had ankle surgery... but she'll be back afield soon, I pray!).

If she says she knows of an appropriate woman P.H. in KZN, then she does. I'd seriously consider her recommendations for my daughters and wife.

BTW, I'll never forget being late to pick up Ann in the boat one evening. She was on a rock, about five yards from the beach just sitting there with a big smile on her face. A little curious as too two things, I asked first why was she on the rock. She just pointed behind her. About the same instant, I heard more than one bear huffing and puffing about 20 feet away on the bank. You could see their black hulks moving against the lighter sand. In my surprise, I forgot to ever ask her how she crossed 15 feet of water without even getting her feet wet.

So, Ann, how did you do it????

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norton:
...I suppose I got caught up in the "soap opera" ambiance in the ABGH forum of late.

Whistling

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't really know Natasha, just have met her and have heard only good things about her. I have hunted with Debbie Visser (Nyati Safaris, Coutada 14, Mozambique). She is GREAT. Really knows her buffalo, totally fearless!!!! But if you hunt with her better be in shape!

Posts: 265 | Location: central california | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd have no problem hunting with a female PH as long as there was a tree now and then. From what little I've seen, there are few where Debbie Visser hunts, but I'd have to train for that for at least 6 months anyway.

Posts: 10328 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gudrun Heger, Ojtiruse, near Okahandja Namibia. Forgive me if I misspelled it.

Books through Wagner Worldwide Hunting.

Posts: 956 | Location: PNW | Registered: 27 April 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Just look at what this woman says about the 375, and other calibers she INSISTS her clients use.

Diametrically opposite to what Harry Selby says.

Now THAT is a PH I would love to have hunted with.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
Let me introduce my sister Andrea Baldry and a very fine PH in her own right.

Oh snap!

That's just wrong!

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Wendell, doesn't "she" qualify as a crime against nature? Wink

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1706 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DUKE NUKEM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hunting the Box H:
These girls look very professional. Note the perfect uniforms, all identical. The picture of professionalism.
I doubt you will find this anywhere else.

My wife and her GF's look like that.

Posts: 1073 | Registered: 10 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craig boddington:
Don't really know Natasha, just have met her and have heard only good things about her. I have hunted with Debbie Visser (Nyati Safaris, Coutada 14, Mozambique). She is GREAT. Really knows her buffalo, totally fearless!!!! But if you hunt with her better be in shape!

+1 Craig,
I was in her camp just a bit after you, and she is one serious (bow)hunter! Very calm, smart and tough. We crawled for over 2 hours in the muddy burn to get to 44 yards from our buff.

I would hunt with Debbie, again.

Dave

Posts: 227 | Location: Calgary, Canada | Registered: 06 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RR4hunt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chuck5656:
Contact Elaine at CEC Safaris in Namibia.(east of Windhoek)
PERFECT for your gals first plains game hunt

Heard Elaine left her PH husband and married a guy from Alberta, she was his PH in Namibia.

If you never make a career choice based on money, you'll always have money - Jerry Seinfeld

Posts: 43 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DUKE NUKEM
posted Hide Post
OK, Someone answer me here. Can I have the 4 girls if no one else wants them?

One of Us
Picture of DUKE NUKEM
posted Hide Post
quote:

Google search came up with nothing.