THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Half of British children 'unable to identify crocodiles & leopards'

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Half of British children 'unable to identify crocodiles & leopards'
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...odiles-leopards.html

I found this article interesting because even though I grew up on the Southside of Chicago, every summer a trip to Brookfield Zoo and Field Museum was taken. Articles like this make me wonder if hunting has much chance of continuing with the next generation.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9380 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
P'raps they should have asked the questions in something like Urdhu, Rumanian or some other obscure illegal immigrant language........

rotflmo jumping rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Stephen Palos
posted Hide Post
Yes! And my boy could at age 6 tell a blue from a black wildebeest, a white from a black rhino, a hartebeest from a tsessebe etc etc etc...

but I suppose because he's a hunter those same little ignorant angels will one day be calling him the savage! Roll Eyes

http://www.bigbore.org/
http://www.chasa.co.za

Addicted to Recoil !
I hunt because I am human. Hunting is the expression of my humanity...

Posts: 441 | Location: Randfontein, South Africa | Registered: 07 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately you're not far wrong Sahakari, where I work in langley I'm probably in the 5% minority of white british people and I work with 1300 people. Even more unfortunate is the fact that most school kids don't even know where pork and beef come from, they think it's tescos!!!!

Posts: 101 | Location: Home Counties | Registered: 06 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Paul,

Wot, you mean it doesn't grow wild on supermarket shelves!!

Like I've said before, Wink

As John Betjemin said:

Come friendly bombs fall on slough,
It isn't fit for humans now.

Funnily enough I drove through there a while ago and the place was full of people dressed like extras from a Dracula movie..... turned out they were Rumanian immigrants!

To coin a phrase, I felt like a stranger in a strange land! Eeker