Notify
Tools

Re: Sure Cure for the Safari Blues
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of gas57
posted
Saeed,
I have a house in Brownsville and in Corpus Christi. If you come my way, please stay at my house! This is in thanks for you putting up such a great site for all of us to enjoy!!! Does anyone have the contact details for the Yturria Ranch near Raymondville, Texas?
Thank you,
Jeff in Texas

Posts: 903 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted Hide Post
I realize nilgai get a lot of flack for not being one of the handsomest animals... but I still think they're neat, and tough as nails. One of these days, one of these days. Sure looks like you got a nice bull. I've heard many nice things about that particular operation... and it seems its reputation is as strong as ever.

Congratulations on the nice hunt.

Oh... if you shoot a bison... make sure you have freezer space. Go ahead -- ask me how I know.

Russ

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
bwanamrm,

The gentleman I know is Fausto Yturria.

He might be of the same family.

Posts: 66956 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,
Check out this website www.allseasonguides.com Capt. Mike Powell set this little adventure up for me. Price info and minimum calibers are discussed as well. Mike also has access to a killer whitetail ranch!

Posts: 7523 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Sorry about that. Website is www.allseasonguideservice.com

Posts: 7523 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
gas57,

Thank you very much for your offer.

It seems next time I come visit the US I might have to stay a few years there. Just to make sure that I keep my promises to all my friends who have kindly offered to take me hunting all the big game animals, varmints and birds they hunt.

Not to mention those who keep asking me every year if I wished to be registered for some target shoot they are putting their names down for. Ranging from trap to bench rest.

Not to forget an old man who has promised to teach me how to rope disgruntled German hunters.

Posts: 66956 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Yturria boys that told me that the King ranch was closed to individual hunters. But they may have been telling me that to prevent competition. We will see. "D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote