Tools

Re: 45-70 for Big Five Game
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted
Weren't you just 4570_4_DG ?

Toolmaker

Posts: 1000 | Location: in the shop as usual | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Howdy Y'all.

I can see from some of the posts on this forum that people here don't exactly take to kindly to the 45-70 and using it for Dangerous Game in Africa.

I have seen much about how tough Cape Buff are.

Do you feel the same about the 45-70 for use on the remaining 4 of the Big Five?

LeverHunter

one of us
posted Hide Post
Internet troll
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

On the Internet, troll is a slang term for a person who posts messages intended to create controversy or provoke an angry response rather than to add content to a discussion.

Common types of troll messages or activities:

* intentionally posting an outrageous argument deliberately constructed around a fundamental but obfuscated flaw or error.
* posting a ridiculous claim and then insisting it's true unless people refute it to their satisfaction.
* making loud claims to be on the defensive, while the claims are a guise for their aggressive maneuvers.

For more information:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Howdy back there pardner.

Since this is your first post, I am suprised that you learned the search function so quickly, so search a little more and I think you will learn about why the 45-70 is illegal for hunting these animals.

Since there has been much BSing done recently by someone who obviously had other intentions than broadening their own knowledge and learning, people might jump to conclusions about the reason why you are asking this question now. Feel free to contribute positively to this forum, but please save any negativity for some other venue.

Oh, and welcome to the forums here <G>.

Regards,

Mark

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BOWHUNR
posted Hide Post
Call me crazy, but I think any talk of the 45-70 in the African forum should be poo-pooed from the start!!

BOWHUNR

Posts: 636 | Location: Omaha, NE U.S.A. | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
BFaucett, I know what a troll is, I just wanted to see if he would admit to his previous identity(ies). FWIW, 1895Lever is also probably Carmelo. The fact that he referred to him as "carmelol" gave it a way. I kinda doubt that a newbie would:

ASmilerKnow who Carmelo is on the first thread he posts.

BSmilerKnow how to search for Carmelo using the search function.

CSmilerWould spend a couple of hours reading said posts.

Give it up, Carmelo. Go find a richer hunting ground -this one has too many predators for you to contend with!

Toolmaker

Posts: 1000 | Location: in the shop as usual | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is a guy over at Hunt America that is new and calls himself "Leverking". Most likely Carmalol also. Just started posting today. The same lame .45-70 crap. Bill T.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
What are you guys doing? If you think its Caramel DON'T reply. This guys got 6 replys and 124 views, just what he wants Its like talking to a fucken wall

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
<MbogoBuster>
posted
There's a guy that over on the Garret web site that claims to have taken all 5 with a levergun in 45-70.
Have you seen that story?
Jack

One of Us
Picture of Zero Drift
posted Hide Post

Big deal - guys have been doing it with spears for centuries. Why is doing it with a rifle noteworthy???

Posts: 10780 | Location: Test Tube | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not only that, but a 400 gr .458 bullet at 2100 fps will do the job. Hey....call it what you want, but it COULD be a 45-70.

Posts: 1111 | Location: Afton, VA | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

BFaucett, I know what a troll is, I just wanted to see if he would admit to his previous identity(ies). FWIW, 1895Lever is also probably Carmelo. The fact that he referred to him as "carmelol" gave it a way. I kinda doubt that a newbie would:
ASmilerKnow who Carmelo is on the first thread he posts.
BSmilerKnow how to search for Carmelo using the search function.
CSmilerWould spend a couple of hours reading said posts.
Give it up, Carmelo. Go find a richer hunting ground -this one has too many predators for you to contend with!

Toolmaker

Toolmaker,

Sorry, my post about trolls wasn't aimed at you specifically. I was just posting it for general information for the others that might read this thread. I also watched this guy post under the handle of 1895LG_4_DG last night. But that entire thread was deleted last night (by Don?). Then he came in under 1895Lever.

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
<MbogoBuster>
posted
Your are correct. It is no big deal. That is why it strikes we as weird that a lot of folks make such a big deal against it.
Jack

one of us
posted Hide Post
If you are a 45/70 fan and live in Columbus ,Ohio,now is your chance to settle any arguments on the suitibility of
the 45/70 on lion.

CNN just announced there is a lion running free there!
Let us know the results and if you need bail money,well...

WC

Posts: 407 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: 24 December 2002Reply With Quote