Notify
Tools

Balla-Balla - private pics
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted
Just to keep the AR guests dreaming ...

View (sitting in the bar) looking past the swimming pool at my brothers ranch house in Limpopo Province SA ..

The Rhino ( and other game animals) come to the waterhole which is about 75 meters from the house ///

Cheers, Peter ( languishing downunder in NZ )
--------------------------------------------

The BAR is behind the window on the left of picture ...

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balla Balla:

That picture of the rhino really makes it look like a four legged, leather armoured, tank.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice pictures and setting. I wish labor was as cheap here.

Ski

Posts: 860 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Riodot
posted Hide Post
He seems to be looking at that fence and saying "Like thats going to keep me out !"

Lance

Lance Larson Studio

lancelarsonstudio.com

Posts: 933 | Location: Casa Grande, AZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riodot:
He seems to be looking at that fence and saying "Like thats going to keep me out !"

Riodot

That outside wire fence is really only a (very basic deterrant) to keep the plains game out from the garden area around the house, if the Rhino really wanted to they would come through that outside fence like a knife through butter and then bang down the wooden railing fence and they would free to have a swim in the pool (-:

A brief story about the four Rhino /

When they first arrived from the Natal Parks board 8+ years ago now they actually escaped by running down the main (security game fence) around the ranch perimeter and wanderered around the region for a couple of days before being captured again and returned to the ranch.

WE initially used a chopper to try herdind them back to the property BUT in the end our PH camped in the bush for a few days tracking them until they calmed down enough to be returned, they were really just spooked by their initial translocation and new home I guess

Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Keith,

Do you think that you could hit him on the horn with a stick..........kinda like you do with a billy goat when you want him to leave you alone Smiler...... sofa

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Billy,

The only stick I have, that he would know he had been hit with, has Lott stamped on the pipe. Anything else would not even get his attention. Then I think my mailing address would be Bala Bala/Limpopo, working off the cost of the beast. With the pay scale in RSA, about 60 years, I think. sofa

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Peter you always seem to come through with some wonderful photos to remind us of the magic that has cast a spell on us all.

one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
Peter you always seem to come through with some wonderful photos to remind us of the magic that has cast a spell on us all.

Use Enough Gun //

Dont worry I am the same as most of the AR guests, living out of Africa it also helps me to keep the magic and dreams alive /

Hopefully I can upload a few more recent hunting pictures taken from a large group whom have just recently returned home .. My brother Alan & wife Jessie have been in Zambia and only returned over the weekend, so maybe I can get some pictures from their digital camera sent to me, if so I will upload them as well to lift our spirits

AR Guests /

I have a ranch opportunity in Australis for (sale consideration) if any AR guests entreprenuers have any interest to INVEST in Australia feel free to view the thread on this link below /

NT Aus - Hunting property

Peter