Tools

Water buff - in NT Australia
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted
Guests

I know that is not Africa hunting ....

BUT with AR (Africa Hunting) being the #1 posting forum in the world for (hunting information) just thought our AR guests might be interested in this buff taken in Northern Terrotory Australia

It was sent to me by a (SA hunter contact of mine) now in Australia whom asked me if anyone might have an interest in (purchasing into a massive 80,000 ha buff hunting property in Aus) AS if so, then let me know and I can find out more information on the property opportunity !!

Buffalo in Australia /

The Water Buffalo was introduced to the Northern Territory from Indonesia in the 1820s and 1830s. They were used in the British settlements to mainly pull carts.

When the outposts were abandoned, the buffalo escaped or were set free. They thrived in the wild, especially along the coastal plains that turn into swamps in the wet season.

These days you’ll find Water Buffalo in the freshwater floodplains of the Top End and along creek lines through Arnhem Land.

During the 1980s, the government tried to control the population of feral Water Buffalo through a Brucellosis and tuberculosis eradication campaign. But they’ve proved a hardy breed and they’ve come back stronger than before.

Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Nice heavy horned bull.

Peter - I think your post got a shift by an administrator.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
Hi NitroX

I did post this on the wrong forum as whether we like it or not the [ Africa Hunting forum ] seems to gets the most trageted traffic .... that is fair enough to have it moved by the moderator, no complaints from me at all

Thanks for PM, I will update you as information is rec'd

Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd like to know more about that property.

Posts: 421 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 15 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by loboga:
I'd like to know more about that property.

loboga and others

As soon as I get an update from my contact in Aus I will post the information

Regards, Peter

one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
The property is about 2 hours driving from Darwin. Its quite big, maybe close to 500 000 acres or so.

Anyway, the present owner doesnt utilise all of the property and will consider selling about 200,000 acre at around Aus dollar $1.1 million !!!

There are mainly buffalo within, but also some wild cattle, wild horses and pigs, and the place has some enormous potential.

It would require some quite extensive upgrading of existing cattle fences to electrified wires and with good management and a bit of mustering the place could easily generate good capitol from buffalo hunting alone.

It is also perfectly located for interested entreprenuers to start up a crocodile farm and build some quality lodges and the likes.

Essentially I would envisage say maybe two or three shareholders maximum whom are definately outdoor people with an interest to work towards upgrading the propery to a high standard for a commercial hunting operation

My contact whom is a home grown South African hunter and presently a (jet fighter pilot) in RAAF but origionally from South Africa would be more than willing to become a shareholder/come manager with other shareholders as appropriate

I welcome (serious entreprenuer enquiries) with further interest ( proberly from Australia ) but not to preclude others to contact me BUT ONLY if they have a genuine interest and have some disposable budget to consider a share purchase and improvement costs as well which are indeterminate at this point in time

ONLY genuine enquiries please direct to my worldwide email : < peterb@balla-balla.com >

Thanks, Peter

posted Hide Post
Peter,
What a bad luck - my client was looking for such property and had required cash in bank, 3 months ago he purchase cattle station in NT !
This SA contact of yours must be Herman Pieterse, do you have his e-mail address by any chance - I lost contact with him soon after he came to Australia and joined RAAF
Cheers
Les Kosek
Terra Incognita Guides

Posts: 33 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Les Kosek:
Peter,
What a bad luck - my client was looking for such property and had required cash in bank, 3 months ago he purchase cattle station in NT !
This SA contact of yours must be Herman Pieterse, do you have his e-mail address by any chance - I lost contact with him soon after he came to Australia and joined RAAF
Cheers
Les Kosek
Terra Incognita Guides

Hello Les /

Thats the man Herman P

Drop me an email to my worldwide contact please < peterb@balla-balla.com >

Cheers / Peter B