New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bullet for Namibia
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What is the best bullet in the 9,3x62 for hunting Kudu, Oryx and Springbock?

Swift A-Frame 250grs, Norma-Oryx 232grs, Brenneke TOG 237grs or.....?
Or one of the heavywheigts like the 286grs Nosler Part., Lapua Mega etc.....

Posts: 561 | Location: northern Germany | Registered: 26 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had good results with the 250 Nosler Accubonds ion Namibia. Only recovered one from a zebra. Shot very accurately out to 250 yards. Unfortunately Nosler only puts them out ever once in a while.

Dick Gunn

“You must always stop and roll in the good stuff;
it may not smell this way tomorrow.”

Lucy, a long deceased Basset Hound

"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any of what you listed will work if you do your part.

The 9.3 is adequate for buffalo with the heavy bullets, nothing you are talking about is that big.

Just remember that if you choose the heavy bullets, longer range shots will be more difficult to make, and depending on where you are in Namibia, some places may have longer shots. Ask your outfitter or PH what range to expect the shots at and make your call based on that.

Posts: 10755 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
I have not hunted BG in Africa but I would not use the lead core 232gr. Most of the European 232 gr bullets were designed for Roe deer and possibly red deer. You will need a more solidly constructed bullet that will hold together when hitting bone on African game.

Barnes TSX 250 gr shoots very well in my 9.3X62. I just checked their website & they also do a 225 gr TSX and a 250 gr TTSX which should be fine out to 300 meters.

The 250 gr Accubond is a well proven bullet on African big game.

I have shared a lot of info here on AR about 9.3X62 loads and bullet tests from the past. Also some old articles.

PM me your email & I can send you the same info.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11019 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM Terry Blaukamp here on AR. He and Joanne spend a month in Namibia each season, mostly hunting cull animals. Terry is very much into bullet testing and terminal performance, so I'd check with him.

Posts: 20128 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kudu and Oryx are not particularly tough animals for your 9.3X62. Swift A Frames are more than enough bullet for them so I would select whatever shoots most accurately.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AccuBonds or Partitions in Nosler. A- Frames are always good, and I think especially so in the larger calibers, although I have never used it there but I am quite sure it works.

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote