Find
Notify
Tools

Prices and bookings rising???
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of N'gagi
posted Hide Post
This is where having good relationships with people comes in handy!!

I just booked two trips. Alaska Bear hunt this Fall. I booked woth the same folks I used last year, and have referred them a bunch of other business, so I got the same rates I paid in 04, even though they have had price increases.

Same thing with my outfitter in ZIM. Shumba and I are booked for 06, and have gotten a better rate for helping with referals and re-booking.

Everything is negotiable, and some good deals can be had on "buyers remorse hunts" after the SCI buzz has worn off.

Mark Jackson

Posts: 1123 | Location: California | Registered: 03 January 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
A comparison of Swainson's 2005 and 2006 prices:

Daily rates are increasing by $50.00 per day.

Trophy Fees:
Buffalo up $200
Eland up $300
Lion up $1,100

Swainson's already has raised many of their Trophy Fees for 2005 when compared to 2004.

Same with HHK, Daily Rates increasing $50.00 per day.

Buffalo up $200
Crocodile up $500
Sable up $750
Hippo up $500
Leopard up $500
Lion up $1,500

HHK hadn't raised there 2005 Trophy Fees when compared to 2004, so there is a bigger jump in price compared to Swainson's. Swainson's is slightly higher than HHK on some Trophy Fees.

However, there is some room to move on these prices. A little negotiating can save a decent amount money.

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What we need is a good old fasion revolution to send the faint of hearts scurrying home. Supply and demand is sometimes a good thing.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
I don't know what you guys are bleating about! boohoo

Sure you're spending a shed load of money but you're getting experiences that will live in your memories and your hearts forever Eeker.......when you're lying there on your deathbeds you'll still be thinking of Africa and saying to yourself "Hell, it was the best investment of my life!"

thumb Wink

Sometimes it isn't the cost of things as much as it is the feeling of being ripped off. I had dinner tonight with a client. Steaks were 35 bucks, potatoes were 8 bucks, etc.

Was the food good? I suppose. Was it worth it? Hell no.

I feel that way on some hunts. There are some good hunts all over. Africa certainly isn't the only place to go.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
I fully agree that hunters must get the benefit of a weaker rand the down side is if the rand gets stronger it gets more expensive. All my prices are worked our in rands and then converted to specific currencies. I publish the exchange rates and if the exchange rate changes you will pay according to the rate applicable when you pay yor monies ie. rate on date of deposit and rate on the day you arrive in RSA.

Day rates may sound expensive, but I supply everything, a hunter only needs his personal toiletries and clothes, the rest I supply, transport, food, drinks, camp personal,PH's and lots of other things. You end up with a unforgetable experience that will live in your dreams.

Life is how you spend the time between hunting trips.

Through Responsible Sustainable hunting we serve Conservation.
Outfitter permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/73984
PH permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/81197
Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote