New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boddington's Africa Show
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
eezrdr-I agree it looked like he was a bit high with the first shot.I could not tell about shot number two but it seemed obviously a CNS hit of some type.

We seldom get to choose
But I've seen them go both ways
And I would rather go out in a blaze of glory
Than to slowly rot away!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The new episode had an excellent Cape Buff hunt where the entire herd started toward the hunter, ph and camera crew before veering away. They then got into it with their bull who showed himself very well.

I bet that it is creating a huge increase in bookings for DG. Both episodes were outstanding and better than Shockey's much vaulted the Professionals.

Sincerely,
Thomas

Thomas Kennedy

Posts: 122 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 08 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This show as with TAA has integrity,substance and quality. Excellent camera work and content, with out the usual time wasting prattle seen on most shows. Excellence is the hallmark of Safari Classics.

Scenes are as they happen and not cobbled up to create a story that did not happen quite the way portrayed. We see no close up of host with an all too serious face looking into camera regurgitating blow by blow a story we just saw on tape. Absent is rapid in and out telephoto shots that would give Chuck Yeager vertigo. No Abroad Adventures scenes that are accelerated and look like old Buster Keaton movies. (I like Buster Keaton and do not mean to impugn Mr. Keaton)

We do not see Ray and Jim , 'each week ...shoots the biggest,most dangerous game on the planet' (sic)... and then see weeks of springbok and other dangerous game(sic)shots followed by high fives, serious looks and giggles.

I do appreciate:

The conversations present good and useful information . Excellent over the shoulder camera work that will prove valuable to hunters. They team with top professionals with focus on proper firearm safety . You do not see the hunter pointing a loaded gun(with a funny donut on the barrel) at cameraman and hunt team members.

The very best of taste is presented rather than much of the distasteful presented in most other programing that gives the antis fuel.

This show is about the viewer and hunt not the host. Refreshing.

Guys ..A great show... great presence.... a Safari Classic.

Elton

Elton Rambin
Mail/Ship: 1802 Horse Hollow Rd.
Barksdale, Texas 78828
Phone: 479 461 3656
Ranch: 830-234-4366
Check our Hunt & Class Schedule
at
www.ftwoutfitters.com

4 Rules of Gun Safety
1/ Treat all guns as though they are loaded.
2/ Never point the muzzle at anything you do not want to shoot.
3/ Do not put your finger on trigger until your sights are on target and you are ready to shoot.
4/ Be sure of your target and safe background.

Posts: 268 | Location: Western Arkansas/Barksdale,TX. USA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Abroad Adventures scenes that are accelerated and look like old Buster Keaton movies.

clap clap

Those guys are the absolute worst ever.

"lets see how many immature impala we can shoot with our bows in one day"

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3557 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elton Rambin:
This show as with TAA has integrity,substance and quality. Excellent camera work and content, with out the usual time wasting prattle seen on most shows. Excellence is the hallmark of Safari Classics.

Scenes are as they happen and not cobbled up to create a story that did not happen quite the way portrayed. We see no close up of host with an all too serious face looking into camera regurgitating blow by blow a story we just saw on tape. Absent is rapid in and out telephoto shots that would give Chuck Yeager vertigo. No Abroad Adventures scenes that are accelerated and look like old Buster Keaton movies. (I like Buster Keaton and do not mean to impugn Mr. Keaton)

We do not see Ray and Jim , 'each week ...shoots the biggest,most dangerous game on the planet' (sic)... and then see weeks springbok and other dangerous game(sic)shots followed by high fives, serious looks and giggles.

I do appreciate:

The conversations present good and useful information . Excellent over the shoulder camera work that will prove valuable to hunters. They team with top professionals with focus on proper firearm safety . You do not see the hunter pointing a loaded gun(with a funny donut on the barrel) at cameraman and hunt team members.

The very best of taste is presented rather than much of the distasteful presented in most other programing that gives the antis fuel.

This show is about the viewer and hunt not the host. Refreshing.

Guys ..A great show... great presence.... a Safari Classic.

Elton

Well said.

The only thing that sux is that they are not broadcast in Canada. Frowner

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Both episodes were outstanding and better than Shockey's much vaulted the Professionals.

Amen!!!

DRSS

Posts: 1168 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Many Thanks for the nice comments guys, especially Elton. We work hard and hope it shows.
Cheers

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Big Grin you would not believe the number of time Elton and I have talked about the lack of quality on some the different sports show's and the fact that Dave and Craig have hands down the best show on the air. I have not meet Dave yet but have meet as emailed with Craig a few time and he seem's like a guy I would not mind sharing a camp with. Keep up the good work guys!!!! Dave if you ever get to Arkansas Elton and I will get a Bar B Que arranged with a few gun nut's we know for ya rotflmo

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Best Africa show, by far. Ivan Carter and I will be hunting Ele again in September 2011.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll take you guys up on that BBQ !!

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
lionhunter,
when you see Ivan ask him if he still has a degreased elephant skull. I want to bronze one Big Grin

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
ddrhook,

H-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m, bronzed Ele skulls? Could be a new style of trophy mount. jumping

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lionhunter,
Yes I do bronze elk skulls Big Grin

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ddrhook:
Lionhunter,
Yes I do bronze elk skulls Big Grin

I've gotta tell you, those bronzed skulls look truly awesome! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ya there so good Aubrey has adopted your croc skull!!! jumping jumping

One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
men ,
appologies for not responding for so long , -
here are a few answers -

the client was an old guy who had saved his whole life for that hunt , he literally broke down when we walked up to the bull - awesome on all accounts

he did what most people dont do enough of - he practiced three times a week for several months before his safari - he had on my recommendadtion fitted a stoeger side by side with express sights and practiced shooting clays with it getting well used to the second trigger

he was using a 450/400- yes first shot was high- second shot went right in the ear - he was using barnes banded bulletts.

i was ready at that point to shoot 2 barrells of 450 into the right hip ! that would have anchored him and mike (the client ) could have by then reloaded and put in the final -

most times i will wait till the client is standing with an empty gun before i shoot by that time the choices are usually a raking heart lung or a hip , with the .450 a hip shot will often if its the correct angle go all the way to the lungs too.

mike wanted a brainshot but would have preferred a side brain - i was hoping the bull would walk past us , he saw us , peered over that bush and walked in - our only option was a frontal and when you have a legitimate 70 pounder with both tusks and each with 76 inches of ivory you take the shot !!!!

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote