New
Find
Notify
Tools

Valentine's Day TAA...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
another great show, Joshua Spies hunting Cape Buffalo with his father. Ivan at his best, and the camerawork, especially of the herd coming out of the tall grass to the river; was excellent.

The only sad part, Joshua packs a nice looking Double Rifle right up to the point where Ivan has him positioned to take a nice Buffalo and he hands his Father his double and uses Dad's bolt rifle to shoot the Buff.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Recorded it today, and just finished watching it tonight. Gotta love the DVR for keeping up on all the Africa shows.

Like you, I thought it would have been nice to see him shoot the buff up close with the double, but realize the distances were probably deceiving. I'm sure Ivan thought a scoped rifle was called for in that circumstance, given the apparent quality of the bull.

We hunted that exact place in the Mukanga River almost every day this August, and some of those big grassy flats were pretty wide. My partner shot one of his buff right there also. It is a lovely walk down there.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blank:
Gotta love the DVR for keeping up on all the Africa shows.

Amen. Especially when you live in the Alaskan time zone. Everything is on during the work day or early morning.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
The Mukanga...hmm, seems like I was about sucked dry by tsetse flies walking that river.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
men ,
josh was itching to use my .450 - he actually shot his elephant (both bull and tuskless) with it , that buff was too good to pass up and changing rifles was the best choice given the odds ...it was about 100 yards and he MAY have been able to make the shot with iron sights , but there were cows all around him and i dint want to risk it ...neither was i in the mood for wounded dagga boy in the THICK long grass ..

as usual thanks for watching people ...we are right now in the studio setting up a world class third and fourth quarter for you , some very interesting african hunting coming your way soon ...

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of opus72
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking I may need to ditch Comcast since they don't offer Outdoor channel. Is there any other way to get TAA? Can I buy the dvd's?

Posts: 262 | Location: Mount Pleasant, SC | Registered: 02 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rich...he ditched the DR and took up a bolt gun? Why, of course! He was done looking cool for the camera, and now wanted to get serious about hunting!!!!!

(Stirring the pot!!!!)

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
craigboddington.com has all our DVD,s and "Best OF Tracks" stuff
Thanks
Dave

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of steve f
posted Hide Post
opus72
I have Comcast and I get the Outdoor channel, but I paid an extra $5/month and it was included with a sport's package.

SCI
DSC
NRA
NAHC
DRSS

Posts: 93 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 12 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs, don't be a dork or I will have to tell everybody you hunt a lot with an old Savage 340.

Ivan, it was a great, great show (as always) I was curious about YOU and a bolt rifle in the same sequence...

Dave,

When are we going to see the entire year's worth on a multi-DVD set?

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
TAA is by far and hands down the best!! Now how bout a show/dvd/magazine dedicated to hunting using only 19th century firearms and or replicas of same.....including bore rifles and real muzzleloaders?!! Oh, open sights only.

DRSS

Posts: 1168 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ivan,

Keep up the good work you are a pleasure to watch and listen to. Thanks for all the entertainment.

Jim

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BOWHUNR
posted Hide Post
Yes, I love the shows too. But is it just me, or does it seem like there's 20 minutes of commercials and 10 minutes of show?

Mike

NEVER BOOK A HUNT WITH JEFF BLAIR AT BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING!

Posts: 636 | Location: Omaha, NE U.S.A. | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BOWHUNR:
Yes, I love the shows too. But is it just me, or does it seem like there's 20 minutes of commercials and 10 minutes of show?

Mike

What are these 'commercials" of which you speak?
bewildered

DVR. I HATE watching TV 'live' anymore. I will record a show and come back 15 minutes later to watch it just so I can FF thru the ads. dancing

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote