New
Find
Notify
Tools

Problem Lions in Ethiopia
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The Ethiopian Wildlife Conservation Authority has just contacted all members of the Ethiopian Professional Hunter’s Association regarding some problem lions in the area around Bonga, Ethiopia. This is an area SW of Jimma. Several hundred head of cattle have been killed in the past months. A hunt needs to be urgently scheduled to try and resolve this problem in the next 30 days. Current information states that there are numerous lions involved, both male and female so the chances of having to shoot multiple animals of either sex is likely. A hunter will be required to purchase a minimum of one lion License ($4,000) prior to the hunt and will subsequently be allowed to export one of the culled lions. Which lion is exported will be the hunters’ choice. Additional lions can be exported with the additional purchase of more licenses.

Nice to see a Game Department using sport hunting as a conservation/control tool for a change.
Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Quite an opportunity..
Who with and for how much?

Found it. http://forums.accuratereloadin...2100588/m/4781078351

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
An incredibly rare opportunity.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Absolutely.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I may be wrong but I think the same thing happened last year. I seem to recall a show on TV where they were hunting the problem cats.

If I wasn't so damn busy, I would go tomorrow. I have never been to Ethiopia but would like to.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can Mtn Nyala be added....for a reasonable fee....

Posts: 696 | Location: Soddy Daisy, TN USA | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nope. It's a special problem lion hunt in an area not normally opne to hunting. It sold 2 hours after I got it.
Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote