New
Find
Notify
Tools

Annual DSC Show Report and Review
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Due to popular demand, I am back writing a review of the Dallas Safari Club Show and Fashion Extravaganza. I post a few times a year but save up my typing skills for this report - so read and cherish.

1. DSC Volunteers - how do you keep doing it? You are the best hands down. No one does a show better or friendlier.

2. DSC Committee - well organized, great venue, plenty of lines to buy tickets.

3. DSC Announcer - shut off that darn megaphone you are using!!! thumbdown Are you kidding me? Twice, I am in the middle of negotiating a hunt and you come on over the loadspeaker and drown out everything. You are killing me. Shut up and sit down. We do not need whatever you had to say.

4. Dallas Ladies - you did not disappoint! Dallas, aka "the Capitol of Conspicuous Consumption", was on full display. Sitting in Barney's Chalet store, two Dallas beauties walk up in leopard skin jackets, skinny jeans, tank tops about to burst, boots with 4" spikes on the bottoms and sides, megatron blonde hair and eyelashes an elephant would be proud of - asking for help trying on rain gear. I got trampled by those Alaskans rushing to peel off the leopard vests without bursting any weakened material in the tank tops. It was a sight for an old man!!! Silicon and plastic surgeons are kings in Dallas....

5. Adam Clements - you made a public appearance! Wow. We are all impressed. What exactly were you selling now that Harpreet has taken over your Tanzania areas. You were sitting in your booth looking bored. I hope you sold something.

6. Wives of Outfitters - I saw more wives of outfitters this year than I remember seeing in past years. You all know the business side of the safari business and are quick to close the deal. Ansie at Kowa Safaris was wheeling and dealing. Go girl go! You have a great area in Namibia and great reputation.

7. Zambia - I saw one outfit from Zambia. I hope that country does not go the way of Kenya. BTW, the outfit was top notch and someone must go there soon and give a report. Nchila Wildlife Reserve.

8. I always swing by Chifuti to see if Paul has shaved. He hasn't. They are not as prominent or as busy as when Craig B was shooting buffalos and leopards all over the Zambezi Valley and making videos of it. Great videos for sure. Not many people chatting up the Chifuti guys when I was by.

9. Food Court - great prime rib.

10. Food Court Entertainment - The two tank top/leopard vest cuties from Barney's chalet were eating daintily and trying not to drop a green bean or French Fry into the canyon between the mountains. Fun to watch as they had to act like they did not enjoyed being watched by about fifty old guys with old wives. I think they were trolling for trophy husbands....

11. Food Court Stage - what was the stage behind the food court with Jim Zumbo giving speeches about ethical hunting and how hunting has changed and how we need to get young people involved in hunting and why we should buy what he is selling. I think that was a seminar of some sort but not sure what they were trying to accomplish other than check out item 10 above.

12. Taxidermy - how do they keep getting better? One of the outfits had a lion that was just sitting - like a big house cat. The darn thing moved, I swear. I took about 50 pictures.

13. High Fenced deer bordellos - Why do we tolerate this? The high fenced deer guys are all over the place - Michigan, Wisconsin, Texas, Missouri. If the ethical members of DSC and SCI quit supporting these deer whorehouses, they would be out of business. Make a stand and stop this breeding inches vs real hunting war we are in. End of sermon. Reminds me of the Dallas cuties mentioned earlier - the real trophy is in the quest not in the fake prize.

14. Did I miss Mayo Oldiri's booth? His daughters were here last year and they nearly sold me three bongo hunts and 2 LDE hunts. I would write bad checks and tell lies to my wife if I could buy a hunt from them.

15. Gunmakers - wow! You dazzle me. How in the world do you convince normal minded people to buy a custom gun for $20,000 when a Remington or Ruger or Nosler rifle shoots equally well? You guys need to be politicians the way you create a dream out of steel and wood, then get someone to buy it. Your work is stunning - as are your prices. I saw the Kilamanjaro Rifle booth. The owner/president lives in Hawaii and his guns are made in Montana - smart guy!!! Business looks great. Keep going guys - I love the eye candy.

16. Gunmakers Part II- The two Dallas cuties were getting fitted for rifles. I did not think you could bend a stock and then cant it far enough to get over or around those.....humps/mountains/buttes... Anyway, you custom guys know what to do and how to "handle" a customer. You never got that close to me when I was being fitted....

17. Where was Craig B? I saw his wife or should I say the one he is married to now. I never saw a booth or a pile of books or a troop of bankruptcy lawyers following him around.

18. Sports Afield Magazine - you all are killing it. Best magazine out there and very up front at this show. Way to go!

19. Agents - Saw several I have not seen at this show. Arjun Reddy, Acheson's, and a couple of others. Glad you made it. With so many other shows out there - thanks for supporting this one.

20. Tuffpak - I went to buy a tuffpak, could not find Harry. Then found Harry and he was swamped. I will have to mail order one. Great travel/gun case.

21. Fur Coats - In the past, my wife went to the SHE Safari booth (where were they?) but this year got sidetracked in a fur coat booth. I like fur. I like fur on my wife. I do not like fur on my wallet. I do not know if fur is back in still but I liked seeing the ladies wearing fur coats in 70 degree weather. Except the Dallas cuties. They looked much better in no fur, just stressed tank tops.

22. Great show. Great venue. Won't go to Reno. No need to.

Hope you liked it.

Posts: 265 | Location: Hammertown, USA | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
re: #14- they were there
re:#17- he was there, sans booth. he did some sort of seminar/Q&A with Shockey, Zumbo, Weishun(sp?), etc. he also donated a KS deer hunt for the auction( which begs the question of how you can make expensive donations when you are bankrupt). WHAT A COUNTRY!
re: the Texas cuties- nice eye candy as usual.
1 other thing of interest. every time i walked past Greg Pennicot's booth, he was all alone. wonder why?

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13395 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
quote:
High Fenced deer bordellos...

rotflmo lol animal

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the entertaining report. Always going to be a need for whorehouses for those who can't hunt.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Boddington had a booth and was signing books.

Posts: 481 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: 20 June 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
re: #14- they were there
re:#17- he was there, sans booth. he did some sort of seminar/Q&A with Shockey, Zumbo, Weishun(sp?), etc. he also donated a KS deer hunt for the auction( which begs the question of how you can make expensive donations when you are bankrupt). WHAT A COUNTRY!
re: the Texas cuties- nice eye candy as usual.
1 other thing of interest. every time i walked past Greg Pennicot's booth, he was all alone. wonder why?

Is this the same Pennicot accused of the illegal hunt in Australia with Boddington's wife?

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Yep on Boddington...so busy signing books we only could talk a minute.
Did miss the SHE booth, if there was one. My granddaughters (2) always like it if grandpa brings them an item home, and also the catalog to use for birthday and Christmas gifts...from me to them. rotflmo

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Vinny - Just wondering about #22?? What's in Reno?? Confused

Larry Sellers

quote:
Originally posted by Vinny:
Due to popular demand, I am back writing a review of the Dallas Safari Club Show and Fashion Extravaganza. I post a few times a year but save up my typing skills for this report - so read and cherish.

1. DSC Volunteers - how do you keep doing it? You are the best hands down. No one does a show better or friendlier.

2. DSC Committee - well organized, great venue, plenty of lines to buy tickets.

3. DSC Announcer - shut off that darn megaphone you are using!!! thumbdown Are you kidding me? Twice, I am in the middle of negotiating a hunt and you come on over the loadspeaker and drown out everything. You are killing me. Shut up and sit down. We do not need whatever you had to say.

4. Dallas Ladies - you did not disappoint! Dallas, aka "the Capitol of Conspicuous Consumption", was on full display. Sitting in Barney's Chalet store, two Dallas beauties walk up in leopard skin jackets, skinny jeans, tank tops about to burst, boots with 4" spikes on the bottoms and sides, megatron blonde hair and eyelashes an elephant would be proud of - asking for help trying on rain gear. I got trampled by those Alaskans rushing to peel off the leopard vests without bursting any weakened material in the tank tops. It was a sight for an old man!!! Silicon and plastic surgeons are kings in Dallas....

5. Adam Clements - you made a public appearance! Wow. We are all impressed. What exactly were you selling now that Harpreet has taken over your Tanzania areas. You were sitting in your booth looking bored. I hope you sold something.

6. Wives of Outfitters - I saw more wives of outfitters this year than I remember seeing in past years. You all know the business side of the safari business and are quick to close the deal. Ansie at Kowa Safaris was wheeling and dealing. Go girl go! You have a great area in Namibia and great reputation.

7. Zambia - I saw one outfit from Zambia. I hope that country does not go the way of Kenya. BTW, the outfit was top notch and someone must go there soon and give a report. Nchila Wildlife Reserve.

8. I always swing by Chifuti to see if Paul has shaved. He hasn't. They are not as prominent or as busy as when Craig B was shooting buffalos and leopards all over the Zambezi Valley and making videos of it. Great videos for sure. Not many people chatting up the Chifuti guys when I was by.

9. Food Court - great prime rib.

10. Food Court Entertainment - The two tank top/leopard vest cuties from Barney's chalet were eating daintily and trying not to drop a green bean or French Fry into the canyon between the mountains. Fun to watch as they had to act like they did not enjoyed being watched by about fifty old guys with old wives. I think they were trolling for trophy husbands....

11. Food Court Stage - what was the stage behind the food court with Jim Zumbo giving speeches about ethical hunting and how hunting has changed and how we need to get young people involved in hunting and why we should buy what he is selling. I think that was a seminar of some sort but not sure what they were trying to accomplish other than check out item 10 above.

12. Taxidermy - how do they keep getting better? One of the outfits had a lion that was just sitting - like a big house cat. The darn thing moved, I swear. I took about 50 pictures.

13. High Fenced deer bordellos - Why do we tolerate this? The high fenced deer guys are all over the place - Michigan, Wisconsin, Texas, Missouri. If the ethical members of DSC and SCI quit supporting these deer whorehouses, they would be out of business. Make a stand and stop this breeding inches vs real hunting war we are in. End of sermon. Reminds me of the Dallas cuties mentioned earlier - the real trophy is in the quest not in the fake prize.

14. Did I miss Mayo Oldiri's booth? His daughters were here last year and they nearly sold me three bongo hunts and 2 LDE hunts. I would write bad checks and tell lies to my wife if I could buy a hunt from them.

15. Gunmakers - wow! You dazzle me. How in the world do you convince normal minded people to buy a custom gun for $20,000 when a Remington or Ruger or Nosler rifle shoots equally well? You guys need to be politicians the way you create a dream out of steel and wood, then get someone to buy it. Your work is stunning - as are your prices. I saw the Kilamanjaro Rifle booth. The owner/president lives in Hawaii and his guns are made in Montana - smart guy!!! Business looks great. Keep going guys - I love the eye candy.

16. Gunmakers Part II- The two Dallas cuties were getting fitted for rifles. I did not think you could bend a stock and then cant it far enough to get over or around those.....humps/mountains/buttes... Anyway, you custom guys know what to do and how to "handle" a customer. You never got that close to me when I was being fitted....

17. Where was Craig B? I saw his wife or should I say the one he is married to now. I never saw a booth or a pile of books or a troop of bankruptcy lawyers following him around.

18. Sports Afield Magazine - you all are killing it. Best magazine out there and very up front at this show. Way to go!

19. Agents - Saw several I have not seen at this show. Arjun Reddy, Acheson's, and a couple of others. Glad you made it. With so many other shows out there - thanks for supporting this one.

20. Tuffpak - I went to buy a tuffpak, could not find Harry. Then found Harry and he was swamped. I will have to mail order one. Great travel/gun case.

21. Fur Coats - In the past, my wife went to the SHE Safari booth (where were they?) but this year got sidetracked in a fur coat booth. I like fur. I like fur on my wife. I do not like fur on my wallet. I do not know if fur is back in still but I liked seeing the ladies wearing fur coats in 70 degree weather. Except the Dallas cuties. They looked much better in no fur, just stressed tank tops.

22. Great show. Great venue. Won't go to Reno. No need to.

Hope you liked it.

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My bad. Too much silicon on the brain.
I meant Las Vegas. Reno is the wicked little brother to Vegas and SCI is in the right place.

Posts: 265 | Location: Hammertown, USA | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
One of the funniest things I saw concerning the celebs was on that stage with Zumbo, Shockey, Boddington, Weishun, and Carter. Just happened to be purchasing a drink and walked by momentarily, just as the interviewer asked "what is the biggest, and most unexpected, most influential change you've seen in hunting today". Boddington jumped on that one like a hobo on a ham sandwich and started in on how prevalent and important the AR platform has become in hunting, going on and on and on about his Marine Corp service and the development of the rifle from his beloved M16 original issue, meanwhile Zumbo, who famously fell from grace over this very issue, started twirling his microphone, whistling, and looking around in the building's rafters for a way off the stage since every eye in the audience was on him to see how he was responding to the line of BS Boddington was laying down, all the while Shockey, sitting between the two, had his hat pulled down over his face, leaning back, arms folded, surely thinking to himself, WTF am I doing on the this stage!

Priceless!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is why CB has become completely irrelevant in today's hunting fraternity. He is after any source of money he can get and will sell his soul to get that money. Just ask his creditors and ex's and ex-business partners.

Posts: 10362 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I am sure that if CB was there signing books then there is a whole new cadre of folks that are now close personal friends of his, people that know the true measure of the man having been with him and looked him eye-to-eye, mano-a-mano for 92 seconds while he did an inscription in the book they just bought.

Mike

Posts: 21684 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 on item #13. Evidently there are a lot of rich, lardasses who like to hunt these types of places or we wouldn't see so many of them. Looks like very recently Lemon and co. are trying to cash in on it too. At least the high fence boys at DSC don't hide it I guess, but calling it hunting is a farce.

Boddington really is becoming a laughingstock though. I bet Shockey felt very much out of place amongst those bozos on stage.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JGRaider:
Boddington really is becoming a laughingstock though. I bet Shockey felt very much out of place amongst those bozos on stage.

Ivan is a solid guy too, in fact if anyone belonged on the stage by himself it would have been Ivan.

Mike

Posts: 21684 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Vinny,

Great review. I was there Thursday and Friday, really great to see how good this show is becomming.

I lived in Dallas from 1990 to 2000, the first couple of years, as many of you know, the show was good, but much much smaller. So gald to see that I can now go back to Dallas and not have to think about going to Vegas. Also taking my membership money and joining DSC.

Looking forward to next year already.

Posts: 36 | Location: New York | Registered: 22 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good review. Sounds accurate too . Smiler

I must have missed something along the way on CB. He has always been an advocate and a solid guy on the hunting we all like . His books are well done and he acts with dignity in the few times I have seen him. He was hunting and writing etc and those presentations were well done. I am sure he made money from them, but he never pretended not to that I know of. Not a swipe at anybody here or their opinion, but I must have missed something as I said.

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was not at the show this year but I know CB was instrumental in a fundraiser that Zambezi Delta Safaris (ZDS)held one evening during the show for antipoaching in C11/C12. I read on the ZDS Facebook site the fundraiser was very successful..50K.

Posts: 1919 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safari2:
I was not at the show this year but I know CB was instrumental in a fundraiser that Zambezi Delta Safaris (ZDS)held one evening during the show for antipoaching in C11/C12. I read on the ZDS Facebook site the fundraiser was very successful..50K.

BTW..very good Vinny..look forward to your report every year!

Last year was even funnier..when you reported that the "dallas ladies are aging gracefully"

Posts: 1919 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If only CB was as concerned for paying the people he screwed over by filing bankruptcy.........

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Penetrater
posted Hide Post
One big change this year was "No alcoholic"drinks on the floor, you had to buy a beer at one of the 3 food courts and drink them In the " penalty box " was a pain in the ass, other than that and the fact I was sick for most of the show, I had a great time and lots to see and do.

great report by the way !

Posts: 132 | Location: oklahoma city ,oklahoma ,usa | Registered: 10 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another thing is the She Safari line. They used to have a good line and a presence too. I had looked earlier on their website and they had nothing, No catalog and no ordering. Only links to Bass Pro. When I went to Bass Pro , yep the same, they had nothing.

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexKD:

I must have missed something along the way on CB. He has always been an advocate and a solid guy on the hunting we all like . His books are well done and he acts with dignity in the few times I have seen him. He was hunting and writing etc and those presentations were well done. I am sure he made money from them, but he never pretended not to that I know of. Not a swipe at anybody here or their opinion, but I must have missed something as I said.

Likewise on the ??? re CB -- will somebody enlighten us --
TKS
G

OMG!-- my bow is "pull-push feed" - how dreadfully embarrasing!!!!!

Posts: 932 | Location: 8K Ft in Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodmnctry:
quote:

Likewise on the ??? re CB -- will somebody enlighten us --
TKS
G

Let me guess! You boys didn't purchase any of his dirty underwear from Conrad did you? Did he autograph over the stains?

animal

One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
Many, many, many hotties walking around. Probably the most influential person I saw was Larry Potterfield. It never ceases to amaze me how much of a regular guy he is when I talk with him. Probably why he is so successful. I saw the others mentioned. Most of them ain't as important as they think they are. Oh well, I have 1 leopard left on quota if anyone here wants it.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1262 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brain1:
Many, many, many hotties walking around. Probably the most influential person I saw was Larry Potterfield. It never ceases to amaze me how much of a regular guy he is when I talk with him. Probably why he is so successful. I saw the others mentioned. Most of them ain't as important as they think they are. Oh well, I have 1 leopard left on quota if anyone here wants it.

You can have my part of Larryo

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Great report. I have to echo your third point. The loud speaker announcements need to go away. You can't understand what they are saying and they substantially interfere with the negotiations! I can't stress this enough.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
If only CB was as concerned for paying the people he screwed over by filing bankruptcy.........

Is it possible that anyone knows and could advise on the circumstances of Mr. Boddingtonn being forced into bankruptcy?

Photobucket

Posts: 410 | Location: Benton, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: 16 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
Good to see many friends and make new ones this year. As usual, we were located with my friends from B&M Rifles & Cartridges (gotta have one of Michaels .500's), Southern Safaris Australia (Paul's hunts are outstanding), Cutting Edge Bullets (fantastic new offerings). Charl Van Rooyen and Erika from Infinito Safaris helped us man our booth this year and Chris and Bronwyn McCarthy from Lake Hawea Safaris (New Zealand) flew in to see the show and spend some time with us. Chris offers some of the best fair chase hunts in the south island. He is my go to guy for those who want only the best fair chase experience in hunting New Zealand. I'll be posting some great hunts for Whitetail and Mule Deer soon, along with some quality hunts for dangerous game in Africa. And for those of you who haven't hunted Buffalo and scrub bulls in Australia, your missing some of the most remote hunting areas left on earth! We have a new travel route this year and several new changes. And don't forget, you'll need a big gun Smiler Always good to see this guy from the great white north. He's a gentleman and very kind.

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6814 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As far as no#8, Paul was not there, but has remained non shaven nonetheless. He will be in Vegas. As far as busy, well, I lost most of my voice by lunch Saturday,and felt swamped most of the time. Must have caught us during a lull, but we dis exceptionally well at DSC, as is usually the case wit lots of deposits taken and effectively filling out most our 2014 quotas.

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
quote:

I must have missed it as well. I did stop and chat with Craig as he was busy signing books at his booth. I had the privilege of meeting General Walt Boomer, hero of the first Gulf War and winner of the Silver Star, at Craig's booth. I, for one, am sincerely grateful for the service these two Marines gave to their Country. Semper Fidelis.

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How was attendance?

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GOB:
quote:

Is it possible that anyone knows and could advise on the circumstances of Mr. Boddingtonn being forced into bankruptcy?

That is the rub.... A lot of people here feel that CB was not "forced" into bankruptcy. They believe that the hunts he hunts he has taken in the past few years and the purchases he has made are proof that he filed bankruptcy in order to screw over those who trusted him.

It is an interesting coincidence that the guys who are on his a$$ about the bankruptcy are the same guys who have been dogging him for years about taking discounted hunts and his promotion of Ca Rigby.

Another interesting coincidence is that I am giving him the benefit of the doubt and I happen to be a long time CB fan. Go figure.....

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote