This brings back memories.....
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnMd7tD7HhE
Smiler

I remember watching it as a kid

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ah yes, sitting in front of the B&W TV mesmerized by Marlin Perkins' grandfatherly voice explaining the behaviors of fascinating big game animals in the great outdoors. I wonder if that's how I caught this "disease"?

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bought a cd collection on e-bay for $19.95 My youngest loves it.

Perception is reality
regardless the truth!

Stupid people should not breed

DRSS
NRA Life Member
Owner of USOC Adventure TV

Posts: 923 | Location: Phx Az and the Hills of Ohio | Registered: 13 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pleasant memories yes, but this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...MnIY&feature=related
caught my eye on the same page. Now THAT was a TV show! Back when big game hunting was still something spoken of outside of "hunting circles." It was Wide World of Sports that first made African hunting seem real to me. Ted WIlliams shooting a huge sable and Bing Crosby shooting guinea fowl on Saturday afternoon TV. Ah, those were the days, I guess I really am getting old!

An old man sleeps with his conscience, a young man sleeps with his dreams.

Posts: 777 | Location: United States | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ali-Norton. Those were the days. I can't understand why AR doesn't have a boxing forum. Hunting and Boxing are the noblest of sports.

Posts: 861 | Registered: 17 September 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
I remember the exact TV show that kindled my spirit to hunt. It was a caribou hunt on the American Sportsman show. I could not get over the size of those antlers.

Thanks God for shows like that. They laid the foundation for many, many wonderful outdoor adventures.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4781 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I never missed an episode. As I recall it came on Sunday night just before the Wonderful World of Disney. Thanks for the memories, but I am starting to feel old.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot Duckear; you caused me to waste hours on YouTube looking at the introduction to 12 O'Clock High, The Time Tunnel, and Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.

Amazing how those little snippets bring back memories that are so old they almost seem like a dream...

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Duckear. thumb

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13675 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I liked how poor Stan always had to wrestle the snakes in the water while Marlin stood back and commented.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16654 | Location: Las Cruces, NM | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
liked how poor Stan always had to wrestle the snakes in the water while Marlin stood back and commented.

yeah - kinda line the lone ranger & tonto - tonto you go to town and get the chit beat out of you and me and silver will wait heree

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote